• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Shreddinger

Sergeant
21 Badges
Dec 5, 2017
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
So, recently I started a run as the Timurids since it seemed a fun challenge trying to prevail against your vassals. I thought to myself: When I'm at war, my vassals can't declare war on me, so I just need to take so much land for myself that their liberty desire gets low enough. So, I wrecked Ajam, Baluchistan, some minor nations and QQ, but apparently liberty desire also takes your current troops into account, and the very first day I had no wars going on Transoxiana declared war when I had 6k troops and no manpower.

Funnily, I managed to win the war and retain all my vassals, I went on to create the Mughals after running over Delhi and Jaunpur (plus killing Uzbek and Nogai to get Transoxiana cores back). Now it's the year 1530, and I have everything from Georgia to India and it doesn't really seem a challenge anymore to take all my claims.

However, I saw that you could also form the Yuan as Timurids (apparently you can't do that when you form Mughals?) and I wondered if this is a fun challenge to go for? In this run I decided against it since the provinces I needed to take were all TI for me, but maybe it's doable?