• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra Torment

Private
73 Badges
Apr 27, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
It feels like it was rushed to release and not as many features as you would expect to be there are there. I found myself bothered by big and little things. My expectation was that even if it's stripped, there would be DLCs and free content updates in the future like with Stellaris but I'm not confident that's going to happen now. I feel a little ripped off to be honest. The game doesn't feel true to Stellaris or Star Trek. I don't like that ships can't change course mid journey. I don't like that a whole lot of canon species are missing. I feel like there should be a dominion crisis and not just the Borg.

I really hope that you don't abandon this and that you finish what you started

Reactions:
I am looking forward to purchasing DLCs and trying out some of the mods our Modding Community has already turned out.

I can understand you concern. But do not share it. Star Trek Infinite carried a price point of just $30 here… half of what I expect to pay for a game of similar play time (north of 400-hours now.) Even without DLCs I’ve got my money’s worth. Of course I would willing pony up another $30 for a DLC that doubles each factions’ ships and runs us through the Dominion War… tell you the truth, I’d pay $50 for that and some timeline/ship authenticity and a few more than just “doubling” each Faction’s ships.

Tomorrow starts a New Year, a year in which Star Trek Infinite will either be embraced by Paradox CEO, Fredrik… or cut loose like Harebrained Schemes and Lamplighter League.

Time… and Fredrik will tell. :bow:

• 2Like
Reactions:
I am looking forward to purchasing DLCs and trying out some of the mods our Modding Community has already turned out.

I can understand you concern. But do not share it. Star Trek Infinite carried a price point of just $30 here… half of what I expect to pay for a game of similar play time (north of 400-hours now.) Even without DLCs I’ve got my money’s worth. Of course I would willing pony up another $30 for a DLC that doubles each factions’ ships and runs us through the Dominion War… tell you the truth, I’d pay $50 for that and some timeline/ship authenticity and a few more than just “doubling” each Faction’s ships.

Tomorrow starts a New Year, a year in which Star Trek Infinite will either be embraced by Paradox CEO, Fredrik… or cut loose like Harebrained Schemes and Lamplighter League.

Time… and Fredrik will tell. :bow:

You're very quick to dismiss everyone's concerns, aren't you.

Reactions:
You're very quick to dismiss everyone's concerns, aren't you.
I do not agree with your premise. The above are not “everyone’s” concerns.

Look again at the title… Star Trek Infinite is NOT stripped, neither is it abandon.

It’s the Christmas to New Years break. Our Devs let us know they would be enjoying time away from the forums and for a time, not providing weekly patches/updates.

So, @Fulgrymm, you are right, these “specific” concerns are ill founded. And thank you for helping me more clearly, set the record straight.

Have a great day, and ever better tomorrows. :bow:

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I do not agree with your premise. The above are not “everyone’s” concerns.

Look again at the title… Star Trek Infinite is NOT stripped, neither is it abandon.

It’s the Christmas to New Years break. Our Devs let us know they would be enjoying time away from the forums and for a time, not providing weekly patches/updates.

So, @Fulgrymm, you are right, these “specific” concerns are ill founded. And thank you for helping me more clearly, set the record straight.

Have a great day, and ever better tomorrows. :bow:

By "everyone", I meant everybody who has anything critical to say about the game in this forum. You are very quick to shut them down. Hope this helps.

Reactions:
Of course I would willing pony up another $30 for a DLC that doubles each factions’ ships and runs us through the Dominion War… tell you the truth, I’d pay $50 for that and some timeline/ship authenticity and a few more than just “doubling” each Faction’s ships
$30 was a fair price for the base game but I would never pay more than half that for a DLC for this game As is in my opinion the game is still lacking as a Star Trek game (the Stellaris core may be at fault for that) I am waiting to see if there is any (reasonably priced) DLC before I consider buying. Unfortunately I am afraid this developer might follow in HBS's footprints and be dumped by Paradox as they go back to theit basics.

Reactions:
$30 was a fair price for the base game but I would never pay more than half that for a DLC for this game As is in my opinion the game is still lacking as a Star Trek game (the Stellaris core may be at fault for that) I am waiting to see if there is any (reasonably priced) DLC before I consider buying. Unfortunately I am afraid this developer might follow in HBS's footprints and be dumped by Paradox as they go back to theit basics.
I’ve heard those rumors too… it would be a shame for Paradox to lose such an established IP, even if the Star Trek Infinite is just past launch, without even a blush of a DLC on the horizon.

But then Paradox CEO Fredrik Wester is on the record as ONLY wanting to spend money on in-house IP, rather than reach out to franchises like Star Trek, BattleTech, Shadowrun, etc. But now that he has HBS’s BATTLETECH and Shadowrun titles, I have no doubt Fredrik will wring every dollar possible from those Harebrained Schemes titles…

every.

single.

dollar.

I am mighty glad I bought all four of those titles while those dollars went to Harebrained Schemes. : )

Last edited:
  • 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
  • 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Simply to instruct you to look up information that is readily available in the world wide web.
Your premise is faulty. I know that of which I speak. You believe differently? Prove it. :bow:

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.