• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tuore

Caramelised Utopian
76 Badges
Mar 16, 2009
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Island Bound
  • 200k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
After the failure in my previous Ryukyu AAR, I thought it was impossible to switch religions and therefore impossible to survive. But, Gyathaar commented in the AAR and told this:

You should be able to give away the starting province in a war if you capture a 2nd province that is inland (no sea connection to the capital), or on another continent (that would be hard to do before being annexed though)

And it works. So, I'll try again. The strategy is following:

1. Capture an inland indochinese province, vassalize the owner
2. Lose Okinawa in a war
3. Go bankrupt, religion changes to hinduism (or whatever the province religion is)
4. Conquer and diploannex the vassal.

This is very tricky; it's HARD to lose Okinawa without having to cancel vassalization. It IS possible though, but everything has to go JUST right.

Oh, and I recommend a Sunni province.

I'm currently in the process of forming the Mughal empire with Ryukyu(I vassalized Chagatai and grabbed two provinces; sold one to Oirat Horde and collapsed, and then conquered Oirat Horde). In an amazing piece of luck I got personal union with Delhi; now I'm hoping to inherit.

This is very tricky; it's HARD to lose Okinawa without having to cancel vassalization. It IS possible though, but everything has to go JUST right.

Oh, and I recommend a Sunni province.

I'm currently in the process of forming the Mughal empire with Ryukyu(I vassalized Chagatai and grabbed two provinces; sold one to Oirat Horde and collapsed, and then conquered Oirat Horde). In an amazing piece of luck I got personal union with Delhi; now I'm hoping to inherit.

Wait... you actually survived with Ryukyu?
Anyway, I can't take any sunni inland province, so I have to take a buddhist/hindu one.
What do you mean hard without canceling vassalisation? Read the update (coming right now) and enlighten me.

Chapter I: Abandoning Okinawa

This update will be very quick.
I DoW'd Khmer on day one. They sent their forces to a fleet going to Okinawa.
They were sieging it, but because of three Khmer provinces have no forts, I was first:

khmepeace.jpg

Inland buddhist province and a vassal. Good, good.

And as I expected, Korea declares war like in the other AAR:

shortwa.jpg

It took a long time before they actually showed up in Okinawa, but in 1401 it fell:

lostsig.jpg

Korea offers peace where I give up Okinawa. I accept.
Time to go bankrupt! I take maximum amount of loans and spend it all on mercenaries.

While waiting to run out of money, I accept cultural swift:

khmerculture.jpg

In December 1401 I go bankrupt and to -3 stability:

ruptcy.jpg

But there's an advantage... a HUGE advantage:

puddhist.jpg

Time to use the old strategy: Vassalize Champa and other neighbouring nations using the vassal armies, then figure out some good place to get more provinces from.

I'm sure I will.

Today is coming at least one more update, I'll try to get the first updates quickly to get to the "same stage" as in the previous one.

Next religious change, take a province of champa and become hinduistic!

Anyways, good move. too bad that there wasn't an inland sunni province, but maybe you can do it now? How about taking Makassar, switch the capital, sell your khmer province back and go bankrupt once again.

Next religious change, take a province of champa and become hinduistic!

Anyways, good move. too bad that there wasn't an inland sunni province, but maybe you can do it now? How about taking Makassar, switch the capital, sell your khmer province back and go bankrupt once again.

Capital changing costs quite a lot of money... for now, I'll stay Buddhist.

Cool. So now you're a Khmer-cultured Buddhist with the Ryukyu flag? Compared to Creek, that's almost easy. ;)

Capital changing costs quite a lot of money... for now, I'll stay Buddhist.

You can still change to Hinduism easily, as they are in the same religious group. Will get away that nasty tax penalty. However, it's not as good as sunni with those nice Holy War CBs all over South East Asia.

This makes me want to try to play through all religions in a campaign.

Chapter II: Forging the Indochinese Union

Champa declares war on me in early 1403. With the help of Dai Viet and Khmer, they are quickly crushed and vassalized:

vasal.jpg

Ayutthaya DoW's Champa in October 1403. I get the alliance CB and intervene.

towardsjustice.jpg

Most of Ayutthaya's provinces have no forts, and therefore the war ends in one year. November 1404:

pecae.jpg

Dai Viet has a core on the Champan province. They declare war on Champa, and once again I intervene:

davie.jpg

Because of the stupid Alliance CB, Champa got a chance to make a separate peace with Dai Viet. They now only own a small province in the north (no idea how they got it, defection?).

In September 1408 I make peace with Dai Viet...

08peace.jpg

And Indochina is now controlled by me.

indochina.jpg