• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Really? So in your opinion, what should Fez, Al-Andalus, and the OE know of in Europe?

By Friday or Saturday you should all have a new update. All I need to do is fix Fez colonization, and I will have a good long series of events. :)

Last edited:
UndertheSun said:
Really? So in your opinion, what should Fez, Al-Andalus, and the OE know of in Europe?

By Friday or Saturday you should all have a new update. All I need to do is fix Fez colonization, and I will have a good long series of events. :)

Provided history wnet as usual then OE should know about Russia, up to Austria and Poland, also most likely Italy as well, and Spain to the Pyrenees. You might want to give them knowledge of all of the mediterranean coast as well. Fez should know about the same, except perhaps less about central Europe and slightly more about France.

I think I'll give them a little more of France than proposed, to give me an easier time colonizing France's western coast. But I agree, All of Britain should remain shrouded in mystery.

Problem solved (temporarily. Had to make an AI Event and alter Fez' knowledge of the world in order to do so, I'll figure out a "cleaner" method with release #3) I'll have a... well, you could almost call it a beta test-- tommorow. :)

I'd say they should know most/everything up to around 2 provinces away from the Mediteranean coast and/or lands that have a (sunni) owner.

Ie. Southern Spain, French south coast(Provence), most of Italy, Balkans and a strip of land along the Golden Horde's lands - the rest should be the work of conquistadors.

From the story regarding Baraka - they really jumped into the unknown then (so they should NOT know it from the start of the game)

A little preview. Al-Andalus, newly-born and ready to take on the world!

Small problem. For some reason, my Granadan events, such as the crucial first Granadan event designed to break the vassalage with Fez and set Al-Andalus on her way to Iberian domination. It just won't fire, and I know for a fact that the syntax is right. My feeling is that the problem lies within the events.txt file, but I have exhausted )to the best of my ability) that option... Help. :(

UndertheSun said:
Small problem. For some reason, my Granadan events, such as the crucial first Granadan event designed to break the vassalage with Fez and set Al-Andalus on her way to Iberian domination. It just won't fire, and I know for a fact that the syntax is right. My feeling is that the problem lies within the events.txt file, but I have exhausted )to the best of my ability) that option... Help. :(

have that latest version up somewhere?

No, but I'm putting it up today. :) I didn't release it yesterday becuase I stumbled upon this little jewel of a problem, and that was time-consuming enough. I'll do a little more troubleshooting, but I'll have the latest version up today. (I gots no choice, I'm going to be gone until saturday of next week. :()

I uploaded the latest version. The Years of Rice and Salt B. Should be at the same place as last (See page 4 for the link)

Code:
#The Proclamation of Al-Andalus
event = {  [COLOR=Red]<<< open parenthesis[/COLOR]

id = 3656		
	random = no
	trigger = {
                            exists = FEZ
                            }
	}  [COLOR=Red]<<< closed parenthesis, there is the problem[/COLOR]
	country = GRA
	name = "The Proclamation of Al-Andalus"
	desc = "Fez, barely being a nation of its own right, was unable to keep any degree of control over its new European possesions. It came as no surprise that the mayor of Granada toppled Fez rule and proclaimed himself Khalifah, ruler of Al-Andalus"
	style = 1

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1419 }
	offset = 1
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1423 }	

action_a ={ 
		name = "Islam shall sweep across Firanja!"
		command = { type = breakvassal which = FEZ }
                            command = { type = colonists which = 3 }
                            command = { type = ai which = alandalus.ai }
                            command = { type = relation which = FEZ value = -250 }
                            }
}

So... Exactly what is the problem? Where did I screw up precisely? Must've been spacing that got me... Thank you! :)

Hey guys. I'm back. I'm going to try to implement the events again, and we should have some working event chains buy tommorow...

Hey guys. I'm back. I'm going to try to implement the events again, and we should have some working event chains buy tommorow...