• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
GeneralHannibal said:
Is there any way to transform into a state just called India?

Apparently not.

Despite the devs knowing how much people wanted such features, I think the rationale was something along the lines of "despite the game allowing you to alter history, we wont allow the formation of any states that didnt form in this time period" - which I dont entirely buy, because even if nobody formed an 'India', there were attempts to unite the subcontinent, such as that of the Maratha Empire, whos leader Shivaji carved a large Hindu state out of the declining Mughal Empire, with the intent of re-uniting 'Bharata' that he had grown up reading about in the epics, and giving Hindus a state where they could live without the harassment and taxes that the Mughals had imposed. He probably wasnt the folk hero he is made out to be nowadays, (the past is always glorified) but nevertheless, made quite a bit of progress toward accomplishing that goal, as seen in this map, which compares his borders to that of the British Indian Empire, including Burma (his expansionism was mainly halted by the British):

300px-Marathas.GIF

But then in the end, many empires were known after their dynastic name, meaning a 'Vijaynagara' Empire which is more commonly known as 'India' outside of its borders is kinda accurate, same as how the Chinese state is called 'Ming' but is pretty much always reffered to as China anyway and the Persian state is known as the 'Timurid' Empire at this point in the game.

In this case, it would have just been nice just to have a bonus or something for uniting the subcontinent - i.e. a message saying 'you have managed to conquer the entire of India', with a massive prestige bonus, or certain provinces, that like Mecca and Jerusalam, provide prestige and diplomat bonuses for their 'holyness' (i.e. the holy city of Varanasi for example).

Maharaja,

I read yesterday that you wouldn't likely be able to continue this aar but when I saw that you'd posted again I hoped that you had managed to find time for an update after all.

I was really enjoying reading your arr as you obviouslynhave alot of background knowledge.

Best of luck with your studies. :)

Maharaja said:
A
In this case, it would have just been nice just to have a bonus or something for uniting the subcontinent - i.e. a message saying 'you have managed to conquer the entire of India', with a massive prestige bonus, or certain provinces, that like Mecca and Jerusalam, provide prestige and diplomat bonuses for their 'holyness' (i.e. the holy city of Varanasi for example).

This could be doable with events, unless EUIII events work fundamentally different somehow. Just set the trigger as having the religion in question and owning the province, and have the result be the prestige. Likewise for Indian Unification.

I wonder how the british will interact with you.