• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The World Of 1914​

(A rather short update as I am away from my computer)

Number One: Japan

japan1.jpg

Japanese core territories and continental holdings.

japan2.jpg

East Pacific Holdings

japan3.jpg

The Japanese Antillas

loneisland.jpg

The Lone Indian Ocean Holdings

Number Two: Great Britain

gbandgreenland.jpg

British Home Islands And Prussian Greenland

britishalaska.jpg

British Alaska

Number Three: France

confrance.jpg

Continental France

The Divided Continent: Africa

africa1.jpg

North And Central Africa

africa2.jpg

South Africa and Madagascar

Number Four: Prussia

conprussia.jpg

The North Gremanic Federation Of Prussia

Number Five: The United States America

USA.jpg

The United States Of North And Central America

Number Six: Italy

italy.jpg

The United Italian Federation

Number Seven: Russia

rossiya.jpg

European And Middle Eastern Rhodina

Number Eight: Spain

spacolonies.jpg

The Viceroyality of Central America

The South American Power: Brazil

brazil.jpg

Mishgan: I very rearely bothered to occupy anything besides Calcutta, but yes, those revolters are surely annoying and interesting. I guess the hate me more than they hate the english.

robou: I was shocked, too. I guess this was partly due to their relatively high BB, but moslty due to my relative millitary parity with them. Dont know the exact causes, though.

Middelkerke: How much more of an Empire do you want?:p

Edzako: The Ai is sadly wery reluctant to declare war upon its minions. Europe has not seen a war in some 30 years. I might have to load up and declare wars manually, if that is okay with you guys.

demokratickid: No cheating involved.

Lord Finnish, phargle: I might just do that in the next war. I get all of Burma, GB gets the BEIC, and the indian minors break free. Honestly, I have shown them that their master is a joke, they should break free of it.

asd21593: Thank you!

M79: I told you, I do not want to go world-conquering. I have already achived at least total parity with GB in its spheres of influence bar Africa, and I am now in a postition to take the initiative, but I dont really want to. I am fine with my current holdings in India, and do not plan to annex more, though I wont reject peaces if it comes to that.

That's interesting that Britain has military superiority versus you. They just can't compete with your factories.

I propose that you contrive some sort of WWI, even if it means loading up as the various powers, creating alliances, and declaring wars to make it happen. It's 1914. It's really time.

Britain on one side. Japan on the other.

It gives Russia, Prussia, the USA, France, and Italy, and Spain some tough choices. I would say Spain would stay neutral. Italy is still missing some Italian property but would Austria give them an excuse to go to war?

The USA would have a difficult choice between democratic Japan and the old home country Britain, but full citizenship Japan might be a tempting ally even though it threatens US interests in two areas.

So let's presume that Europe is less concerned with Japanese interests and more concerned with Prussia, which has barely failed to unify Germany on account of some shenanigans. Let us then posit Prussia deciding to force terms on Bavaria, with France objecting. Austria may object too, seeing one last chance to assert itself. That starts with France and Austria versus Prussia and Italy.

Britain would side with France and Austria in that matter. Hungary may join with Prussia.

That leaves Japan, Spain, the USA and Russia. I would say that the USA and Spain would probably wind up on whatever side Japan is not on, and Japan has a huge animosity to Britain, so Japan joins Prussia. The USA and Spain (due to Cuba) ally with Britain and France.

Russia may not have a reason to join the war at all, and may just be grateful to have avoided revolution. I would say Russia, Egypt (!), and the Ottomans would join sides based on who joined what side first.

So the great war over Bavaria! Britain, France, Austria, USA, Spain versus Prussia, Japan, Italy, and Hungary.

Just make sure to impose some collapsing peace on whoever loses. That'd require more editing and releasing of states.

phargle said:
I propose that you contrive some sort of WWI, even if it means loading up as the various powers, creating alliances, and declaring wars to make it happen. It's 1914. It's really time
The problem with that is that any such war would always be a European one with Japan chipping away on the fringes

Britain has seemingly been ejected from the Pacific so I say take on either the Russians or Yanks... or both at the same time

China, Australia, New Zealand, and Siberia are ripe for the taking. India stands vulnerable as well, and there are pieces of Malaysia, the Philippines, and the Ryukyus that would cement your hold on SE Asia. Madagascar lays open and the Panama Canal would benefit you as well.

I say have a WWI of Japan (and Prussia and Italy) vs UK (and Russia and Austria and USA) with Brazil, France, and Spain as wild cards.

The problem with a world war is, that, as ComradeOm has said it, it will be a fringe for everyone else but me. Besides, I am quite cordial with Russia and the US (+200 relations), os if there is a power block in the east, they will be my allies, not enemies, though this would make it quite boring. Also, the US and Spain hate each others guts, as demonstrated in Mexico.

So, what I am going to do is:
a, by 1916, if war does not break out by then, load up as every other major power and declare war on every neighbour they have less than 50 relations with.
b, the next time I beat GB, let them annex the BEIC and free all indian minors of their shackles. In return for letting their enemy win the Great Game, Russia will declare war on me.
c, annex Ryukyu, and get myself into a war with China in the process.

To make the clusterf*ck truly epic, I need to edit my savegame. Where can I edit who I am at war with?

Bad news. I had to reinstall my computer today, and forgot to copy the savefiles to a secure location, so this AAR can not continue.

I hereby declare you dead, Japanese Republic.

Noooo! What a terrible loss! I really love Japan aars, and this one was one of the best!