The Royal Court "Establish Norman Culture" Norman Cavalry

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Blodhevn

Lt. General
2 Badges
Nov 16, 2020
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
my suggestion is quite simple, give Normans a unique Cavalry unit IF they meet certain requirements when they use the "Establish Norman Culture" similar to how outremer gets their unique troops. (This would replace the french Cultural unit Gendarmes)

Or simply have any Light Cavalry regiment already held by the player turn into Norman Cavalry but not allowing more regiments of said cavalry to be created? (something like the warrior legacy for house soldiers and let the be free maintenance?)

i would really love to see paradox expand on Decisions and make each more unique to offer flavour. maybe even some chain events where you can "upgrade" your unique troops down the line if you again meet new requirements for a decisions. (like found a holy order, except for your personal regiments. raising their number above their usual slot capacity & maybe increasing their "prowess/stat" in a certain terrain where they already got benefits. like +10 on drylands for Sahaelian Horsemen etc if done by them.)

sorry got a bit off topic. let me know what people think!

https://ck3.paradoxwikis.com/index....&redirect=no&mobileaction=toggle_view_desktop

Last edited:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
my suggestion is quite simple, give Normans a unique Cavalry unit IF they meet certain requirements when they use the "Establish Norman Culture" similar to how outremer gets their unique troops.

Or simply have any Light Cavalry regiment already held by the player turn into Norman Cavalry but not allowing more regiments of said cavalry to be created? (something like the warrior legacy for house soldiers and let the be free maintenance?)

i would really love to see paradox expand on Decisions and make each more unique to offer flavour. maybe even some chain events where you can "upgrade" your unique troops down the line if you again meet new requirements for a decisions. (like found a holy order, except for your personal regiments. raising their number above their usual slot capacity & maybe increasing their "prowess/stat" in a certain terrain where they already got benefits. like +10 on drylands for Sahaelian Horsemen etc if done by them.)

sorry got a bit off topic. let me know what people think!

https://ck3.paradoxwikis.com/index....&redirect=no&mobileaction=toggle_view_desktop

Normans already get Gendarmes, maybe change unique unit to "Norman Cavalry" from an earlier tech.

Reactions: