• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
demokratickid: With all those units Quebec received I thought after nearly two months they’d be doing more than trying to expand in Britain’s colonies. Normally that’d be fine but with one of those game pictures, you can see it’s a failed policy.

aldriq: Yes, back in the day when everyone fought. Its nice to see that things have changed. :D

On paper Lee was the best General the colonies had. Really he only joined the colonies because he was passed over in the British army and when he was passed over in the American army, he was furious. So he does have a valid gripe although based on who he was and what I had, I don’t think I would’ve let him lead the army either. At least Lee waited almost a whole year to show his anger in my story whereas he began showing his distaste for Washington in history around late 1776.

Lee was also court-martialed in history. Not that I’m trying to retell history but I am trying to stay close to the historical character’s traits while allowing for growth and alterations.

As for why James Clinton didn’t court martial; I’m beginning to run out of real generals and Lee hasn’t really done anything against America that would turn the population against him - especially since the letter was private and likely wouldn’t have been released to the public. Therefore, if Clinton did something that the population didn’t agree with, a possibly public vote in the next election may cost him the Presidency.

To all: Disregard the Wednesday updates. Instead, until the Ireland AAR completes, I’m going to try to get these updates whenever possible. This means there may be more than one American update per week. We’ll see how things go especially since sleep has been so elusive.

35jkwmx.jpg

2u8yotx.jpg

30veste.jpg

2rxxhfo.jpg

jtqquh.jpg

Last edited:
To all: A few changes: As you may have noticed, the title of this AAR has been changed. The reason for this is because I’m going to be busy in the next few months and probably won’t have time for two AARs running simultaneously. So I’m shortening this AAR to end after the Revolutionary War concludes.

Updates will now be twice a week. Now that I have more free time without the Ireland AAR to work on, and now that the Algiers AAR has become more gameplay that “humor,” updating this AAR twice a week ought to be simple.

aldriq: Yes. The question is, Will they use them effectively? Actually, I was worrying about the Spanish DoWing me because of that buildup. Glad that didn’t happen.

To all: Is this AAR complete? Well, that depends on you. Since I played until 1801 I have a lot of history and a lot of character development for a few plotlines. If there’s interest, I can fill you in on what happened with the Generals of the Revolution, what happened with the Franklins (most notably, William) and about the US Presidency and things of that nature. If there is no interest then I’ll write an ending post in a few days. If there is interest, then this AAR will go on for about another week until all the notable characters in the revolution have been discussed.

Hannibal X: I can’t remember exactly when the mod began so it could've been 4 July but if I started the game before 4 July then it was somewhere in the beginning of the AAR and since I loathe rereading my material I’ll only suggest that if I mentioned it, it was somewhere in the first two or three chapters. If you mean the end of the war it was 30 April 1778 in the AAR but in the game it was actually a month earlier; I made the alterations to allow for news of French involvement to reach America.

A few years after I signed peace with Britain, Spain ended up taking pieces of Louisiana and Canada. France ended with a white peace. Soon after I bought Louisiana from Spain and built forts all throughout the country while ramping up my military. A few years after the truce with GB expired I declared war again, stealing away the midwestern provinces. Toward mid-1790's I decided to go to war against Spain and ended up overrunning everything Spain owned in the Western Hemisphere. No matter what, the Spanish wouldn’t accept peace. This was why I stopped playing in 1801.

To all: Due to the low amount of interest I’ve decided against giving an in-depth epilogue but I gave a recap of the US from 1778 as a response to Hannibal X.

In the upcoming version (American Enhancement Mod 1.3) not only will surviving be tougher (I made it seem tougher than it was in the AAR) but some of the glaring problems I noticed (due to the vanilla version with Spain not wanting to make peace in spite of my occupation of all their North, Central and South American provinces) have been remedied.

In all honestly, I expected this AAR to trump my other projects, especially since they’ve largely been failures, excepting of course, the Ireland project. Should I choose to do another history book AAR (no plans for it right now) I’ll do it like the others where I write a little and slap a few pics onto the post.

Historical accuracy? Surprisingly there was plenty accurate throughout the AAR since I only went a few years into the game. A few things, like the Louisiana Militia, was largely made up and that was the only complete embellishment. I tried maintaining the historical traits of the characters, phrases, etc. so I hope I accomplished that with some truth.

To all who’ve stuck around, thanks for doing so but this was one of those rare AARs I wrote for me so even if no one would’ve been reading, I would’ve plugged ahead anyway. In an age when its fashionable to attack America, I thought it refreshing to release something like this project.

Future projects:

Ryuku: The Land of the About to be Annexed: It was talked about toward the end of my Ireland project that I would do an MMP2 (when it came out) AAR about Ryuku. Going at the speed I’d like, it’d almost have to be a gameplay AAR and I’m a little worn on that style. Whether or not I do it will largely depend on how I’m feeling about the gameplay genre when MMP2 is released. So the project is in question.

It never rains in space...: This is my CK AAR. I’ve been able to create a way on how to incorporate space with the action in CK. I’ve even been playing with the idea of presenting it on youtube as a type of “Radio AAR.” If I decide to do it this way the stories will be the same but there will be minor alterations. Expect the written version to be released sometime in late October - early November. The Radio version TBA.

The Algiers Narrative, still untitled: I’ve finished the basic outline and have begun fleshing out the characters. If you read any of the old narrative have no fear because this one will be different. Some characters are being removed, some added and there is a clear and definite end. Expect the release of this to reach AARland early September.

A Victoria AAR?: I’ve been playing with the idea over the last week or so about doing a Victoria AAR and no, it has nothing to do with the large void that’s known as “I’m Gonna Be IN PictAARs.” Instead, I’ve decided on going with a proper nation in Vicky Rev with the VIP mod. I’ll be guiding you through the fate of Texas using a very interesting way that I don’t think has ever been done before in AARland. To be released sometime in mid-late July if I have the game completed by the end of June. If it isn’t completed in June, expect a late August - early September release.

The Death of Vaudeville
: This was going to be the continuation of the Algiers AAR into Victoria but I decided against the project after playing roughly three decades into the game. I’ll go into specifics when PictAARs has ended.

Last edited:
Well, I've come back here to enjoy this AAR and found it over! In that case, jolly good show, loved the AAR. And, I surely think a Vicky AAR is a good idea! :)

Congratulations on ending the AAR, if a bit abruptly. The format, the story and the pace were all excellent.

Brandenburg III said:
A few years after the truce with GB expired I declared war again, stealing away the midwestern provinces. Toward mid-1790's I decided to go to war against Spain and ended up overrunning everything Spain owned in the Western Hemisphere. No matter what, the Spanish wouldn’t accept peace. This was why I stopped playing in 1801.

I was hoping you might do a sequel AAR with the early steps of the American nation up to 1820, now I see it's not gonna happen (besides the many upcoming projects you have lined up anyway).

Brandenburg III said:
In all honestly, I expected this AAR to trump my other projects, especially since they’ve largely been failures, excepting of course, the Ireland project.

So did I. Blame the format, people are scared of paper books these days... Had you changed the background to a green and black 80s computer terminal or an iPod eReader you'd probably have had a larger readership :rolleyes: No matter, your AAR was very inspiring, if I had the time I'd be tempted to push the format boundaries and do an 'obelisk' AAR based entirely on images and Egyptian hieroglyphics :D

Brandenburg III said:
To all who’ve stuck around, thanks for doing so but this was one of those rare AARs I wrote for me so even if no one would’ve been reading, I would’ve plugged ahead anyway. In an age when its fashionable to attack America, I thought it refreshing to release something like this project.

I agree, even if you absolutely dislike American foreign policy between 1898 and 2008 :rolleyes: you have to admit the formation of the US will always be an amazing chapter in human history. :eek: I'm starting to sound like Obama! See what you've done!!

demokratickid: Thanks. Although I’m unsure about the Victoria AAR. I’ll have to see how things go.

aldriq:

aldriq said:
Congratulations on ending the AAR, if a bit abruptly.
A little surprise news toward the beginning of the month more or less dictated that I had to clear away some real time. At least I can mark it in red that its complete.

aldriq said:
I was hoping you might do a sequel AAR with the early steps of the American nation up to 1820, now I see it's not gonna happen

Too much work for too little gain. Plus, after the revolution I was able to ramp up military spending for soldiers, forts, etc. and easily overran GB and Spain. I would’ve been hard-pressed to keep the story interesting.

EDIT: and realistic :rolleyes:

aldriq said:
(besides the many upcoming projects you have lined up anyway).

Those are more or less ideas that I have and I’m trying out. I figure its okay to mention that I’m working on them and cancel them before the AAR begins, than to cancel them after the AAR has begun. After one of my finished AARs, or when I had a blog running for that day or two, I mentioned a few possible projects, all of which have been canceled.

I’m less likely to do the Ryuku AAR due to time and my tiring of the gameplay genre and I’m even thinking of putting the Texas idea on hold (because I got owned by the US during the Civil War and to get an honest story, I’d have to restart, something I don’t have time for in the coming weeks.) But it looks like the Algiers narrative is still a go, as is the CK work. I can’t imagine I’ll have anything else running while putting those out. And depending on a few things, they may be my last. :eek::cool:

Last edited: