The Results are In! - Virtual House of Commons Election [Chain-of-Command Stream 10-12 June]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Where is the link to see the videos? I have tried the links posted above, but the only videos that show up for HOI4 are the World War Wednesday replays. Everything else is mostly EU4.

Thanks in advance for any help.

https://www. twitch.tv/videos/646724502?t=3h5m50s (remove the space)

But I would also suggest watching from the streamer's side as well (Mordred and Prussia Prince)

Reactions:
Question is if that makes holding France possible. It's quite a big risk to try that. Could result in heavy losses.

IF you are able to stop Germany from getting France it's of course better.

The front in Italy will make not much difference for Germany I fear. If Italy is AI it helps not nearly as much as a player, so not having it is not a big deal for Germany. The Med is already lost and they can use the coastal garrisons, that would normaly be needed for Italy, for an "Alpine defense wall".

But yeah... If I think again, considering the type of the game you have to try to hold France.

How do you plan to ally France?

Now that Germany has committed to "Focus on the True Enemy" The French AI should return to aligning with us.

Where is the link to see the videos? I have tried the links posted above, but the only videos that show up for HOI4 are the World War Wednesday replays. Everything else is mostly EU4.

Thanks in advance for any help.

As above, it's after the EU IV dev clash stream in the same continuous video. I too have had difficulty finding things when streams are combined like this. At least the names could hopefully be changed to include all things streamed if possible.

Reactions:
https://www. twitch.tv/videos/646724502?t=3h5m50s (remove the space)

But I would also suggest watching from the streamer's side as well (Mordred and Prussia Prince)

How do you watch them from the streamers side? Forgive me for being clueless but I am an old(ish) man and do't do the twitch stuff normally.
I am not sure why they went through all this bother and then make it so damn hard to just watch? I never could connect live, it just kept "loading", and the paradox videos has an EU4 video as latest and not these. sigh.

You would think that a company that relies on social media and the on-line space would do a better job of editing content to be accurately uploaded and titled with the actual content of the video.

Really, at times the management of Paradox YouTube, and twitch channels gives the phrase 'amateurish' a bad name. very sad :(

Reactions:
Same thing with yesterday's stream, if you want to watch the video on demand, it's buried inside the "Empire of Sin | Boss Spotlight #3".
This link jumps to the beginning of the HOI 4 stream, please copy & paste:
Code:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/647776766?t=1h18m0s

--

I mean no offense and I hope my comments are not insulting, but the commentator on the left (I think his name is Daniel, and he's apparently a Paradox QA employee, but that's irrevelant) has a very strong accent that makes him hard to understand. His voice audio breaking up. Prattling on about the German ministers' names while showing German forest for 5 minutes. Interrupting the stream by accidentally pressing the Windows key, several times (which can be easily avoided by using appropriate keyboards or software). Passive-aggressive comments towards his buddy on the right. Nobody's perfect, but these are far from ideal qualities for a video stream commentator.

Otherwise it's fine, the game is entertaining so far.

Just my 0.02$ of feedback.

Reactions:
My fellow Britons,

Once more our great nation has weathered through the difficult storm of international intrigue to guide the ship of state back to seas most high and glorious.

Where once strife caused doubt and division, now solidarity and unity of purpose have begun to win us the day. While the day began with an incendiary letter from the Kaiser proclaiming how his tyranny would overcome our democracy ended with triumphs across many parts of the globe.

The Italian Campaign continued with both successes and close calls. Notably an entire British army found itself trapped at the rather appropriately named Italian town of Gallipoli (Thank you to Featherus, MP for Canterlot, for pointing this out).

Through courage, determination, and a bit of luck (and the profuse sweating of many members of the Commons), the Royal Engineers were able to construct a Mulberry port to get our boys out before they suffered the fate of their comrades we lost in the first battle for Rome.

After that, our new strategy of fewer, but more concentrated invasions paid great dividends. Our Army and Navy acquitted themselves admirably.

Ultimately the Italian Government was successfully subdued, just weeks before potential German Intervention. A new, democratic regime was installed in Italy and its colonies were converted to British protectorates and granted local responsible governments.

We then moved to pre-emptively secure the democratic future of the Netherlands. The Dutch government was left in place and a sizable British garrison would help ensure they would not be over-run by the Germans or have any funny ideas about helping Old Man Willy, who they had once sheltered. When Germany finally showed her true colors and attacked the Allies, our brave lads in the Netherlands held them back.

This was in no small part thanks to the strength of our Royal Air Force, supported through my Defence of the Skies and Air Force Modernization Act (The only bill on record in the House of Commons to have been unanimously supported).

DefeneOFSkiesResult.png

Also passed by the House were the Guns and Butter Act (authorizing increases to conscription laws and, if necessary, trade laws 27-2), The Not as Soft as we Thought, Underbelly of Europe Bill (urgent allocations for wartime factories, focuses, and fuel imports 21-9), and the Space to Breathe Bill (authorizing and demanding delays to the Imperial Federation until after the Italian War), the first bill passed 16-12 which I and my party voted against (although since it was advisory, our Prime Minister has continued movement towards Imperial Federation).

Overall though, despite a rocky start, recent events have vindicated the policy of HM's government, as supported by the CFP. Italy and its navy have been secured and its authoritarian government toppled, The Netherlands have been pre-emptively protected, America, China, and France have rushed to our aid as brothers-in-arms, and we have secured many super victory points, while Herr Kaiser and his allies have none. All this while we have forced a stalemate on the ground, with the help of many new Dutch, Italian, and Indonesian freedom legions, and are winning the battles at sea and in the air. Our combined industrial might also remains ahead of the Central powers while choking them of resources through blockade. Our strategy is working.

Even the casters took notice:

The Genius of Cabinet and Parliament Revealed (Twitch clip link)

However, while victory is on the horizon, we must not grow complacent. While dawn has broken, daylight has not yet come. We must remain united and maintain the steadfast resolve to see this war through. I thank each and every one of you for your ongoing and continued support. Long Live Britain. Long live the Empire. God save the King.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Alright, another dumb question. I don't play multiplayer, so I don't know how it all works, but one guy seems to be doing everything. He is frantically trying to order invasions and give orders and research and focus is going periods of time neglected etc. and I don't see him dealing with Air or navy, so I assume the other guys are dealing with that? Why not have another player do research and focus?

I think normally there's 2 or max 3 players on a Country.
So with 4 players you need a distribution of tasks nobody is used to. And that 4 guys very likely never played together.

But you see theses things in almost all streamed multiplayer games. Playing these is A LOT of stress. You cant just pause and check if everything is still fine. Even the best forget about trade, fuel, research, or something during intense battle.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I think normally there's 2 or max 3 players on a Country.
So with 4 players you need a distribution of tasks nobody is used to. And that 4 guys very likely never played together.

But you see theses things in almost all streamed multiplayer games. Playing these is A LOT of stress. You cant just pause and check if everything is still fine. Even the best forget about trade, fuel, research, or something during intense battle.

Yeah, I can tell now that some guys are doing other things. Does the program limit what each player can do, or can anyone of them handle a task? It is interesting, but everything happens so fast I can't always tell what is being done.

So only the main controller gets to decide event choices, but beyond that, each player can do pretty much whatever the others can do.

The House elected a Prime Minister to be the main controller who would largely have final say over things and could delegate other responsibilities and cabinet roles. Taureor Was elected PM and afaik kept direct control of the spy agency, diplomacy, and focuses, Mordred Viking was appointed First Lord of the Admiralty (Navy), Prussian Prince as Commander-in-Chief of the Army, and Feedbackgaming as Air Force Marshall (and I think something else as well).

I was watching the main stream, not the player streams, but such divisions are pretty ad Hoc. If more attention was needed on a certain front/area the PM could easily jump in/take over for instance.

I mean no offense and I hope my comments are not insulting, but the commentator on the left (I think his name is Daniel, and he's apparently a Paradox QA employee, but that's irrevelant) has a very strong accent that makes him hard to understand. His voice audio breaking up. Prattling on about the German ministers' names while showing German forest for 5 minutes. Interrupting the stream by accidentally pressing the Windows key, several times (which can be easily avoided by using appropriate keyboards or software). Passive-aggressive comments towards his buddy on the right. Nobody's perfect, but these are far from ideal qualities for a video stream commentator.

Fair enough if you feel that way, though I will say that Daniel (Da9l), like many Paradox employees is a pretty friendly guy who really likes the game. Paradox streams (and games) may not always be the most polished, and people working from home only makes this worse, but they tend to have a fair bit of heart put into them. It may not be what you’re looking for stylistically, though I’d encourage you to not write off Paradox streams or the employees doing them.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Ladies and gentlemen of the Empire, today is a happy day. Germany has been defeated, the Central Powers are on the brink, and the light of liberty shines throughout Europe once more. Through all our endeavours, your support has been invaluable, and I thank-you again for putting your confidence in me to represent you through this watershed period of our nation's history.

All branches of the military performed beyond expectations and more than acquitted themselves from initial setbacks. The war, in the end, was not over by Christmas, but it was certainly rather close.

As we emerge from the struggles of our last few years, the future is bright. Our alliance is stronger than ever, our Empire is healthy and progressing towards ever-closer union, and the mad Kaiser has been defeated once more. Even now, debates rage as to where he should be exiled to. Much like Napoleon Bonaparte, he is a warmonger who has shown he does not know when to stay down. Some suggestions have included either St. Helena or Qingdao. However, even as the curtains close on one conflict, the expansionism of Soviet and Mexican Communist Totalitarianism continues to cast a long shadow across the globe, and demands that we remain ever vigilant. God Save the King.

With the end of the war, preparations for new elections would be being undertaken, however we have been informed that the House of Commons will soon self-destruct. Thankfully, in recognition of our services to the nation, all MP's have been offered peerages and the accompanying placement in the House of Lords (ie an "alumni" channel was created for once the House of Commons channel is eventually closed). Talk of a potential rematch with us as democratic Germany against dev Imperial Britain remains to be seen, although likely not anytime soon ;).

This has been an amazing experience and really unique concept to be a part of and I'd like to again thank @Addaway for setting it up, managing it, and putting up with us for all this time. Happy anniversary of HOI IV everybody!

• 3Like
Reactions:
Just finished watching. Good on the UK players. After day 1 I thought they were surely going to lose, but they just kept scrapping, and the final invasions was a thing of beauty.
Good job to all.

Reactions:
Just finished watching. Good on the UK players. After day 1 I thought they were surely going to lose, but they just kept scrapping, and the final invasions was a thing of beauty.
Good job to all.
Never doubt players who have played lots of MP, advised by players who have played lots of MP, metagaming against devs.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It was definitely a fun event to watch over the three days, especially from the player's point of view (and listening to their discussions was interesting). It was also clear that the development of the Imperial Federation was well underway although the match ended before it could be finalised. The UK final invasion of Germany was impressive.

Well done to all involved for organising and participating in this event.

• 1Like
Reactions: