• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(581785)

Corporal
1 Badges
Oct 28, 2012
  • A Game of Dwarves
Managed to finish a video for the sister clan Red Tree. Keeping with my own lore, I used as many items as I could that required iron to make. The marble from the tribute trade from Blue Tree is almost exclusively used in the church.

Want a tour? :) This one is done with a small map and two levels of floor space only so I was able to get it done rather quickly.

The entrance to Red Tree is heavily fortified. We've had wolf problems and even a couple trolls try to get in, so the cannons were installed just last year.
2012-11-01_00001.jpg

Every settlement needs a hearty supply of food. The fruit produced by the orchards here are highly prized and considered a luxury by traders.
2012-11-01_00002.jpg

The tree farmer's hut and property. He's also a very talented leather worker... by using chickens. Don't ask how that works.
2012-11-01_00003.jpg

The barracks house the best furniture in the area. For this clan, the warriors are of the highest caste. They have to be with how deadly the area is.
2012-11-01_00004.jpg

Can someone tell me what this is? My best guess is a bucket of rice porridge of some kind.... with a raw egg on top. I'm currently using it as a toilet because I don't have an empty looking bucket for it :p
2012-11-01_00005.jpg

The real entrance to the settlement. This is what I wanted to build above ground but that is only one layer :(
2012-11-01_00006.jpg

The tavern is of course right next to the entrance ;)
2012-11-01_00007.jpg

Housing for the miners of all sizes and decorations. I didn't get to build one of these in the Blue Tree Clan area. I hope this makes up for my oversight. :)
2012-11-01_00011.jpg

For Red Tree Clan, the prince is more of a figure head rather than a leader. All deals are done through the military. The prince deals mostly with the organization, happiness of the residents and oversees research at the station.
2012-11-01_00010.jpg

The entrance to Red Tree's mighty church. Sadly the massive statues don't play nice and don't like sharing the space with walls or windows.
2012-11-01_00008.jpg

2012-11-01_00012.jpg

All these cool new items for the graveyards like the statues and flower wreaths and my graveyard stands empty. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing that no one died in the creation of this fortress...
2012-11-01_00009.jpg

Inside the church.
2012-11-01_00014.jpg

2012-11-01_00013.jpg

Small maps are quite the challenge but I think I did OK. :) I wish I had dug a few more levels down so the church could have a nice roof and I could play a little more with staggered levels like I did in the last project, but then I wouldn't have any dirt for the floor. Roofs also turned out to bring their own problems.
I didn't get very many trinkets of non-craftable items this map. Not even a single apple baskets for me. Hopefully next time will prove more "fruitful". :)

Hope You like it :)

Last edited:
Wow, I am so ashamed of my own little creations. But this is the motivation I need!

Fantastic work, I really really like the above-ground colony idea. And of course, the church looks amazing.

I love it. Ive set a goal for myself to finish the campaign before I begin playing sandbox. I cant wait to start getting creative. I haven't had allot of time to play since launch and its a pretty lengthy game. So far Ive beaten 2 of the mages. I really hope this game secretly has balrogs or something similar. It was mentioned in the live stream they may or may not be in the game.