• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Flubiliu

Sergeant
Feb 18, 2020
Hi,
I created Britannia with an anglo saxon ruler. Problem is that the next in line now cannot be crowned because he can only be crowned by the Pope, who has always crazy demands, and this time it is winning a war against the HRE which I cannot win. Is there a way to change that? Either getting an Archbishop to do it or something else? Because this looks like a dead end.

Ok I tried a few things. Paying money, improving relations. Still the Pope demands I unseat the Anti-Pope which is impossible because I have around 7k soldiers and the HRE (where the Anti-Pope is)has 20k.
The mechanic is broken and completely ahistorical. Who, apart from the Emperor, was ever crowned by the Pope?. I'm forced into a war I cannot win to get a coronation. If I can't get a coronation, then my char will lose the crown.
Very Frustrating.
Well, certainly put a dent into my day...:mad:

That is less of a problem with the mod and more with the devlopers of CK2

Reactions:
Ok I tried a few things. Paying money, improving relations. Still the Pope demands I unseat the Anti-Pope which is impossible because I have around 7k soldiers and the HRE (where the Anti-Pope is)has 20k.
The mechanic is broken and completely ahistorical. Who, apart from the Emperor, was ever crowned by the Pope?. I'm forced into a war I cannot win to get a coronation. If I can't get a coronation, then my char will lose the crown.
Very Frustrating.
Well, certainly put a dent into my day...:mad:
AFAIK the coronation stuff is mostly hard-coded by PDS, so not much the HIP devs can do about it.
To address your issue, there is a few thing You can do:
  • join another big realm's war to depose the Anti-Pope, so the Pope has to demand something else in return for the coronation.
  • can't You defeat the HRE with mercs? The Pope should like You enough afterwards to give You some money
  • should His Holiness die, there's big chance his successor will present a different request, though the anti-pope is always pretty high up the list. You can wait or You can try helping the guy...
  • your heir can get crowned if they're a duke or a king and then they don't need to repeat it as emperors. I don't know, whether You're strictly anti-console, but with character switching You could grant your heir some duchy or kingdom, give him enough funds and then switch, so he can get crowned.
  • You can weather it, if everything else fails.
Hope this helps and good luck!

AFAIK the coronation stuff is mostly hard-coded by PDS, so not much the HIP devs can do about it.
To address your issue, there is a few thing You can do:
  • join another big realm's war to depose the Anti-Pope, so the Pope has to demand something else in return for the coronation.
  • can't You defeat the HRE with mercs? The Pope should like You enough afterwards to give You some money
  • should His Holiness die, there's big chance his successor will present a different request, though the anti-pope is always pretty high up the list. You can wait or You can try helping the guy...
  • your heir can get crowned if they're a duke or a king and then they don't need to repeat it as emperors. I don't know, whether You're strictly anti-console, but with character switching You could grant your heir some duchy or kingdom, give him enough funds and then switch, so he can get crowned.
  • You can weather it, if everything else fails.
Hope this helps and good luck!
hardcoded. damn, that sucks.
your advice seems very valuable (apart from the second, not enough money for that; I'm a very average player:).
Thanks a lot.

• 1Like
Reactions: