• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, quick update, the year is 1918. I am running out of time to swipe some more land for my sweet homeland of China. As long as I do not have another state of emergency with another boxer rebellion, I should have troops formed to invade Japan by 1921. The only question is should I just take 1 island or annex the rest of the archipelago. My first priority is to station troops along the Russian and UK borders and then have troops massed for the Nippon invasion.

Sweet, better weapons to wear down the Japanese.
v2game2010-12-2613-46-10-43.jpg

korea-063.jpg

Ok, got an invasion force ready to rush Shikoku. Others are in Korea that will be brought over via transport. Have Warships ready to blockade Japans major ports and closing off a land reenforcement route.
v2game2010-12-2615-05-20-35.jpg

v2game2010-12-2615-25-16-51.jpg

Well this is nice :) the only catch is now they are in Russia's sphere. I just plan on a total defensive war with Russia. Just going to take Shikoku.
v2game2010-12-2615-28-34-62.jpg

v2game2010-12-2615-32-39-46.jpg

Well the USA is my ally, but allot of good they will do with their domestic problems. The CSA is an ally of Japan. I ask the USA to help but they refuse and leave my alliance. Same with the Ottomans and Georgia, they don't want any of Russia. Persia and Afghanistan again come to my aid.
v2game2010-12-2615-33-01-18.jpg

I take over Shikoku quickly. The invasion of Honshu goes well too until Japan mobilizes their reserves and Russia sends some help through some of my blockade holes. A stalemate starts at Kobe. Both sides rush fresh troops to the battle.
v2game2010-12-2713-45-54-98.jpg

v2game2010-12-2714-02-46-35.jpg

v2game2010-12-2714-07-53-23.jpg

In the mean time, I have yet to mobilize my reserves and the war is going my favor but a t a snails pace. Other allies of the enemy ask for a separate white peace and I say yes to them. Their navies were wrecking my inferior technology at sea.
v2game2010-12-2713-51-56-46.jpg

v2game2010-12-2714-09-14-53.jpg

v2game2010-12-2714-09-18-70.jpg

Russia starts to bleed through my defenses so I mobilize and send my troops to the front.
v2game2010-12-2714-06-12-42.jpg

Even though I was winning nearly all the battles, somehow my war score kept going in the negatives. I finally said the hell with it and below tells the rest.
v2game2010-12-2714-15-44-29.jpg

Yet again another disappointing result, but I have someone to pick on to boost back my self esteem. Brunei has just been chillin and just for the sake of it, I will annex the country because I have 0 BB. They went down fast. Because I am running out of time this might be the last place I can grab some land. At least I am back in 2nd place which is really 1st place because the UK reigns death supreme.
v2game2010-12-2717-02-40-68.jpg

v2game2010-12-2717-14-25-57.jpg

Hey, what do ya know, In 1932 I finally get those sprites I paid for. I get so see them for a whole 4 years :p
v2game2010-12-2717-19-12-73.jpg

Last edited:
I slipped to 3rd place and I really wanted to get back to 2nd. France stepped up their game at the end so I need some points fast. Hawaii was having problems with rebs so I jumped them to become part of my sphere. Lvl 5 fort took a while to tackle.
V2_2.jpg

V2_3.jpg

V2_4.jpg

V2_6.jpg

Well my game came to an end. France edged me out for 2nd place. But I guess ending as a great power is still a win. The USCA and CSA made a strong finish.
V2_7.jpg

V2_11.jpg

Military score was just crazy as usual from the UK.
V2_8.jpg

The Industrial score went up and down all through the game for me.
V2_9.jpg

Some close looks of my conquests and losses and neat things that happened around the world.

World Map Final
V2_MAP_CHI_19351231_1.jpg

V2_MAP_CHI_19351231_2.jpg

Final thoughts -
Well, this was my first game I have gone wire to wire on Vicky 2. Before the patch I played Japan and had a ball. So China seemed like it would be Japan on crack with more population and provinces under control.

My game started off great taking the whole Korean Peninsula, Southern Japan, and Macao. Then I tried to take on the big dogs, mainly Russia. Every war I had with them never got better than a white peace. This bogged me down having to replenish my brigades after each war. Looking back at it all, I should focused on taking the rest of Japan. Russia weakened me too much. Also I should have mobilized my troops more often, I got too cocky all the time with my already superior numbers and just got mowed down by great powers. My BB never went over the limit, I guess that is something to be proud of.

The 3 boxer rebellions were the most devastating hits to my game. The first revolt had the worst result with the UK adding a war goal and taking land from me in the south. Spreading out my military was necessary and it always seemed like I was playing more defense than offense. My navy was very weak compared to the other great powers. My economy was mainly solid except during the boxer uprisings. Never had to take one loan.

Well thanks for reading my AAR. I enjoyed playing and writing it this week. It was the highlight of my Christmas vacation.

take care,

GuileMike

Congratulations on finishing almost 2nd (which is almost 1st, with the UK being what it is)! Those Boxer rebellions were nasty! I was expecting China in the hands of a player to dominate the world with its huge population, but it seems the game won't let the Celestial Empire catch a break... Did you ever consider colonizing the Pacific? Also, this is the first time I've seen: a) The CSA take Ohio, b) Prussia beaten up so bad it's not even a SP, c) the UK building the Suez canal, d) Venezuela taking over Colombia (except for the capital), e) communist Hawaii, f) an independent Madagascar at the end of the game in 1.2, g) industrial score almost equally divided among the 5 top powers (usually the UK is ahead by a lot), h) China's interwar sprites :).

Thank you for sharing it with us!

Thanks for sharing the AAR - good result, especially considering how quickly you play!
That's by far the best I've ever seen the CSA do.
Looking at your interwar sprite next to the UK's, looks like you may actually have outstripped them in that respect - did you ever replace your irregulars with infantry? I wonder if that could've been the problem with Russia.

Did you ever consider colonizing the Pacific?

Thank you for sharing it with us!

Naw, I got too caught up with Russia, Japan, and Boxers :(

did you ever replace your irregulars with infantry? I wonder if that could've been the problem with Russia.

I did for the most part. Too bad I got armor units with only 4 years left

This is a great AAR, it was fun to catch up and read the rest of it after my vacation. Too bad about the British jumping on you after the Boxer rebellions. I'd be interested to know what triggers the victory conditions for them, especially since it looked like you kicked their ass the second time.

Very nice AAR! :D I was kinda surprised that GB didn't eat you up any worse due rebellions, also I thought that Russia wouldn't be that bad but I don't know much about Vicky

Status
Not open for further replies.