• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(528084)

Recruit
1 Badges
Jul 23, 2012
  • Sengoku
Greetings from a disappointed Paradox fan.

The header explains enough, but here's what happens:

After I've purchased the game during the Steam Summer Sale, I was disappointed to see that there was a problem and the game was crashing while it was loading for the launch. (yes, the very same and wide-known crash problem during the load of textures, for the reference, this is the most explanatory thread about this annoying problem: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?560296-Crash-while-loading-Graphics/page2 )
I want to quote from the user "Kolat85" to define this problem(well done Kolat, this is exactly what happened to me):

"It starts, i see the load screen with a ninja staring at some people around a fire. I then see a load screen with a women on a bridge with the tips on the bottom. It loads graphics, something checksum, something sound, loading graphics. At the 2nd loading graphics it crashes out into desktop and says Sengoku has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution."

Now, I confirm that this problem is FIXED by updating my GPU drivers. (ATI RADEON 3400 series)

BUT; I still stand not being able to spend even an active second in the game, here's what happens now:

I launch the game.
Everything loads, giving hope.
I start the game.
The game welcomes me with the default "welcome to sengoku" pop up.
Just after that, the game freezes and crashes eventually.
Bummer.

Please understand and try to help me. Almost 5 days on since I've purchased the game and I still suffer from these unexplicable problems. It's most likely that Sengoku was the first and the last game ever from Paradox I'd spent money for. Such a waste of brilliant game.