The Obligatory CK3 Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As Makuria, I accepted an alliance from the Chief of Darfur; a pagan, but I have plans for the area that don't involve my Duke in Alodia conquering the land. He calls me to war, and I see his army marching east across my land... going the wrong way.
EAFF2FA23FB794F47068FC421FECB01C89C4B7E4

And then I see where they're going...

243C6D737FAC85EDF4D13FB3298F62FCC8B5B127

It's a bit hard to see, but they've decided to march east from Darfur to the Red Sea, sail to Sinai, cross to the Mediterranean, land in Libya, and march south the reach Kagha... Guess that's what you call the 'scenic route'.

Last edited:
  • 3Haha
Reactions:
Here i thought only youtubers and paradox playthrough named their kids sht like darude sandstorm and alliancebait etc. nope. father of the year goes to this gaelic father who named his daughter.... how will she ever live up to such a magnificant name?
1616909358975.png

• 5Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Update for uglies:
Tiberios is adult now.
20210327125747_1.jpg

Also REALLY beware the ugly trait. Two generations later they lost it, but due how DNA in game works they still all look like this:

20210327125855_1.jpg

• 4Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
lol, do you try to keep it in there?

No, the funniest thing is that those are completely vanilla game npc's with absolutely zero interference from my side.

In this game i play Byzantium emperor. That "cousin" in case of Tiberios is because my character's father married his aunt, but she did not had the ugly trait, just the genius one. I nearly shat a brick myself when i saw they are my character family, though fortunately two generations later i can safely assume that aunt did not had the ugly trait in her DNA, or it got nullified by my dynasty pretty trait.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
View attachment 698746
something does not feel right.
also my wife is chaste 44 year old. so she cannot be cheating probably.
Haesteinn has an absurd health bonus to keep him alive longer - I guess it also affects his fertility. Or your wife is cheating on you.

Reactions:
1617038076908.png

I thought when selecting this option it was incredibly weird to bring a heavy pouch of coin to a duel in the first place. Wouldn't it just weigh you down if you didn't immediately throw it, putting you at a disadvantage compared to your coinpouch-less opponent?

Of course, I now know what a stupid thought that was. Obviously in an honourable duel, both combatants are expected to bring a bigass pouch of gold to jump around with until the moment they synchronously yeet them at eachother's face. Ah yes, just like the simulations.

• 7Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
What is Crusader England? :D
If at the end of a successful crusade, the target kingdom title cannot be created or usurped (usually because it's already held by a Christian ruler), the main crusader beneficiary is given a titular title instead, in the form of "Crusader ______" or "Catholic _____" (there may be more variations, but I don't remember seeing any). So, here, a crusade was called because the Ásatrú Norse had captured southern England, but a Catholic ruler was already holding the kingdom title, so Crusader England was created.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I thought when selecting this option it was incredibly weird to bring a heavy pouch of coin to a duel in the first place. Wouldn't it just weigh you down if you didn't immediately throw it, putting you at a disadvantage compared to your coinpouch-less opponent?

Witcher Geralt once knocked out a doorman hitting him with money purse in the head and then said "money opens all doors".

• 3Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions: