• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm on Monterey 12.1 and the game works fine for me.

Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-CK2
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/CK2 AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK2 folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
list.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam CK2 or Documents CK2 locations, before installing again.

**File Locations on Mac OS X**
The executable and DLC folder are in Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Crusader Kings II/
To see it go to the Finder, hit command-shift-G (ie Go To) and type in ~/Library/ .
The user files (settings.txt, error logs, saved games, gfx, mods) are in /Users/USER/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/ .

Okay, just followed that procedure exactly as you described twice over and after both the result is the same. The first time I load up the game I get the option to choose language and the music starts. Loading screens come up, and then it crashes on before I see the map. This only happens the first time I start from the launcher after a clean re-install. After that the loading screen won't come up, just black screen (with brief music) and then crash.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK2/settings.txt
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK2/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log , exceptions.log

Also in Steam please click on Steam-Help-System Info, and paste everything there into a text file and attach that here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK2/settings.txt
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK2/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log , exceptions.log

Also in Steam please click on Steam-Help-System Info, and paste everything there into a text file and attach that here.
Attached. Can't find any "exceptions.log" file. Maybe that's the issue? Thanks for taking a look at this. If you don't mind, could you explain what you're looking for? It'd be good to learn it.

Attachments

• system.log
    9,4 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    6,4 KB · Views: 0
  • Untitled.pdf
    25,3 KB · Views: 0
I don't see any cause for this problem in those files. The fact it works to some degree once but not a second time seems to point to some kind of permissions problem. You don't have an antivirus app active?

And can you check for this security setting please?