• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Van Diemen

General
75 Badges
Jun 19, 2006
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
The Netherlands mod 1.0

I have made this mod to make Victoria (revolutions) more realistic and fun for the Dutch player. I have tried to do this by adding some event and changing some files from the orginal game.

If you have any more questions please ask them here or send a PM.There may be further improvements in future.
I have tested it with the latest Victoria revolutions patch and there aren't any problems. I didn't test this package with VIP, but you could add the events yourself manually (by copy and paste them into the right files), note that in that case there will be some double events (one version of my mod and another version of VIP) like Haarlemmermeerpolder. So this mod is not made to go with VIP without changing some things yourself.

The current version is 1.1, see post below to download the most recent version!

If users want to try out this mod and want to be sure they can easily go back to the pre-mod settings I advise to use the following tool: Jonesoft Generic mod enabler. This powerfull tool (but very easy in use) can be used for every file and makes a back-up of the old files! I am using it for most games and it really works quite well. So no more making back-ups yourself or doing a complete install thanks to this tool.

The Netherlands mod

Change log v 1.0:

- Altered the pops in the Dutch West Indies to a more realistic setting
- Improved the Belgian revolution events by adding some events and adjusting the old ones
- Added a new series of events called: 'The South African Conflict' (ahistorical)
- Added a new 'flavour' event called: 'Drooglegging Haarlemmermeerpolder' (historical)
- Added a new random event called: 'Nobelprize awarded'
- Added two new pictures for the new events
- Altered the Dutch starting technologies for Grand Campaign (GC), the Dutch now have Stock exchange from the start (the Dutch were the first to have stocks and bonds)
- The Dutch now have slaves from the start (for now only the Dutch West Indies)
- Added an event to free the slaves in 1863 (historical)
- Southern Netherlands is now (except Middelburg) catholic, the adjustment has only been made for the GC so far
- The Dutch start GC with a national province setting on all the Belgian provinces
- The Belgians now start with national province setting in GC on Middelburg, Breda, Eindhoven and Maastricht and their own provinces

I really hope you will like the extra events that I have made. Please note that I have tried to make most events as historical as I could. Not all events are historical, but those should spice things up a bit.

Play and enjoy

Van Diemen

Attachments

• The Netherlands mod.rar
    71,2 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
The Netherlands mod version 1.1

I have made a new version (1.1) for the Netherlands mod.

Here is the changelog:
Change log v 1.1:

- Added a new event for the Netherlands called:'National Peace conference held in The Hague' (historical)
- Added a new event series for the Netherlands called:'Buiding the Northseacanal' (historical)
- Fixed the problem by Paradox where you could not acces the 1861 campaign, because of an error in the file name (should have been historical)
- Fixed an event that would make Transvaal and Oranje join the Dutch, this event fired seperately sometimes
- Added slaves in the Dutch east Indies (by event and historical)
- Added a new event for the Netherlands called: 'Cultuurstelsel'
- Added a new event for the Netherlands called: 'Cultuurstelsel abolished'
- Added a new event for the Netherlands called: 'Slavery abolished in the Dutch east Indies'
- Added a new random event called:'Private company becomes Multinational'
- Added a new random event called:'Monopoly structure makes companies rich'
- Added a new random event called:'Large private company gone bankrupt'
- Added some more pictures for the new events
- Altered 'The South African Conflict' event series by making the British a bit more likely to accept the diplomatical route
- Altered 'The South African Conflict' event series by making the Dutch more eager to declare war or try to convince the British diplomatically
- Altered 'The South African Conflict' event series by increasing the Dutch military rating (+10) nessesary to trigger the event series
- Moved the English events of the South African Conflict in the UK.txt on request, they are now located the Netherlands.txt file (the orginal UK.txt file will now be back once you overwrite the old one with the new file)
- Minor adjustment of the catholic vs. protestant pops in the Netherlands. Now all provinces have catholic and protestant pops, but the north has a prostestant majority and the south a catholic majority
- More population in Assen
- Added a very small pop of aristocrats in Maastricht

This version is the full version of the Netherlands mod, so it contains the original files and the new ones.

I really hope you like this mod. If there are any questions regarding the mod, please sent a PM or reply in the discussion thread.

Attachments

• The Netherlands mod v1.1.rar
    164,1 KB · Views: 142
Last edited: