• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
May 9, 2013
Hello everybody

Well, i was waiting for this game BIG TIME - it appered to have all i needed: ships, turn-based/real-time gameplay similar to Space Rangers (remember those? If not - go and grab them!) and multiplayer

When it launched - i quickly finished the campaign and despite ugly menus, slow shipyard, lack of retina and several bugs i really liked its universe as well as gameplay

So i headed to multiplayer - and there the pain began:

1) blueprints are not saved across servers and being minor annoyment if everything was done good - it becomes quite an annoyment as soon as everything is done badly

2) server connection is beyound any criticism - it lags and kicks me out of the games, and if timer is set to 30 seconds i miss a couple of turns while connecting back

3) divided servers do not provide any ease in finding opponents to fight with

Speaking of opponents i was hoping they will increase in numbers with time (to help that i over-rated the game in appstore, giving it unreasonable 4 stars and gave positive feedback on TouchArcade) but as time passes - people generally seem to vanish, not to join this game - its very hard to find a partner now

I am VERY SAD now to see how a potentially good game is being ruined by clumsy devs/rushing publisher without any updates and the more installs it gets - the less players are online, coz it's really hard to play this half-baked joke

Paradox seems to back its reputation of horrible PC publisher with this cross-platform title. If nothing is done soon - the game will die..... I will wait for another week and then will go change my rating and review to 1 star at the appstore, as the game is hardly playable now

WHAT SHOULD BE DONE (a.k.a. 'Constructive Feedback'):

1) global server - to have all players together (and as soon the game has strong focus on multiplayer this should be the fix numba one)

2) single player skirmishes VS A.I. - to spend some time if noone is online

3) UI tweak - mostly menus as the gameplay UI is reasonable

4) retina support - not critical for me personally, but the looks will b way cooler and thus attract more people

5) updates plan posted at least on forums - to show us that you care of the game and gonna make it better

Crossing fingers and hoping the game will improve. Meanwhile im going to clear the dust from Space Rangers on my mac and have some real fun

Peace

PS
i assume Paradox team don't really care about this particular one - they have lots of PC titles to keep them afloat, but i'm addressing Pieces Interactive dev team - do you guys really want your first title to sink in these muddy waters? You clearly should understand that next time you come to any publisher it will be much harder to persuade them to work with you if you will be labeled as 'losers' in the industry

PPS
i noticed moderators tend to delete posts with criticism on this forum. If this one gets deleted as well - that will be the last game i bought from Paradox or Pieces Interactive

Hello everybody

Well, i was waiting for this game BIG TIME - it appered to have all i needed: ships, turn-based/real-time gameplay similar to Space Rangers (remember those? If not - go and grab them!) and multiplayer

When it launched - i quickly finished the campaign and despite ugly menus, slow shipyard, lack of retina and several bugs i really liked its universe as well as gameplay

So i headed to multiplayer - and there the pain began:

1) blueprints are not saved across servers and being minor annoyment if everything was done good - it becomes quite an annoyment as soon as everything is done badly

2) server connection is beyound any criticism - it lags and kicks me out of the games, and if timer is set to 30 seconds i miss a couple of turns while connecting back

3) divided servers do not provide any ease in finding opponents to fight with

Speaking of opponents i was hoping they will increase in numbers with time (to help that i over-rated the game in appstore, giving it unreasonable 4 stars and gave positive feedback on TouchArcade) but as time passes - people generally seem to vanish, not to join this game - its very hard to find a partner now

I am VERY SAD now to see how a potentially good game is being ruined by clumsy devs/rushing publisher without any updates and the more installs it gets - the less players are online, coz it's really hard to play this half-baked joke

Paradox seems to back its reputation of horrible PC publisher with this cross-platform title. If nothing is done soon - the game will die..... I will wait for another week and then will go change my rating and review to 1 star at the appstore, as the game is hardly playable now

WHAT SHOULD BE DONE (a.k.a. 'Constructive Feedback'):

1) global server - to have all players together (and as soon the game has strong focus on multiplayer this should be the fix numba one)

2) single player skirmishes VS A.I. - to spend some time if noone is online

3) UI tweak - mostly menus as the gameplay UI is reasonable

4) retina support - not critical for me personally, but the looks will b way cooler and thus attract more people

5) updates plan posted at least on forums - to show us that you care of the game and gonna make it better

Crossing fingers and hoping the game will improve. Meanwhile im going to clear the dust from Space Rangers on my mac and have some real fun

Peace

PS
i assume Paradox team don't really care about this particular one - they have lots of PC titles to keep them afloat, but i'm addressing Pieces Interactive dev team - do you guys really want your first title to sink in these muddy waters? You clearly should understand that next time you come to any publisher it will be much harder to persuade them to work with you if you will be labeled as 'losers' in the industry

PPS
i noticed moderators tend to delete posts with criticism on this forum. If this one gets deleted as well - that will be the last game i bought from Paradox or Pieces Interactive

Thanks for taking your time to post your feedback UBIQ. We appreciate constructive feedback and I hope to have more news about the continued development work to post in here soon. I can say that we are aware of the problems currently caused by the separate servers and it is being looked into. There are other issues that need to be considered however, and this is why the current design was chosen to begin with. Your other points I do not dare to comment on at this time though.

I do want to comment on what you say about us deleting posts containing criticism however. It is true that posts looking like "hey, this game is shit! FIX IT!" is to be removed as it does not contain anything that can be used by us to actually take action. If one, as yourself, post information on why you think things are bad and even post ideas on how to solve it we are just happy to hear it. This is useful information we can be using. But if we did not clean up "junk posts", your valuable contribution may slip by unnoticed. I hope this reasoning makes sense to you as it is supposed to serve you as well as us.

If you, or anyone else, feel that a post you made was deleted wrongfully. Let me know and I'll look into it.

Best Regards
BjornB

BjornB - there needs to be a new sticky thread explaining #5 - I can't believe that as the primary forum mod you have no idea what the dev schedule will be.

Please print this post and take it to the higher-ups. It is almost too late to save this game - 50% of the players I've gone against in more than 200 matches are MIA due to server issues. We need a well-publicized timeline for the bug fixes. At least go into more detail about what is being done and what the challenges are. I am sure cross-platform causes difficulty for release cycles, but you need to communicate whether the game will EVER be fixed.

I can't understand paradox - you smash it out of the park with two huge trailers front-page Reddit, then you don't double down on development? A buggy game for over 30 days with no serious publicized updates?

Tell us what is going on with this game. I'd rather cut ties now if nothing is being done to improve this title.

Thanks for taking your time to post your feedback UBIQ. We appreciate constructive feedback and I hope to have more news about the continued development work to post in here soon. I can say that we are aware of the problems currently caused by the separate servers and it is being looked into. There are other issues that need to be considered however, and this is why the current design was chosen to begin with. Your other points I do not dare to comment on at this time though.

I do want to comment on what you say about us deleting posts containing criticism however. It is true that posts looking like "hey, this game is shit! FIX IT!" is to be removed as it does not contain anything that can be used by us to actually take action. If one, as yourself, post information on why you think things are bad and even post ideas on how to solve it we are just happy to hear it. This is useful information we can be using. But if we did not clean up "junk posts", your valuable contribution may slip by unnoticed. I hope this reasoning makes sense to you as it is supposed to serve you as well as us.

If you, or anyone else, feel that a post you made was deleted wrongfully. Let me know and I'll look into it.

Best Regards
BjornB

Hey BjornB!

I'm glad that you engaged in dialogue (consider you got new loyal player to your CRM base) and also glad that it seems i learned something while hanging at SpaceTimeStudios forums for a year-and-a-half (constructive feedback saves the post!) ;)

Glad to hear that you guys are looking into issues with the game - at least we have some hopes now, but as tall_bike posted - it would be great if you unveil your update plans here (without any timing, of course)

Really hope that the players will return as soon as they see the update notification in their appstore app

Staying tuned (while kicking dominators in SR)

Godspeed and all the best

PS
I really care for the game and i'm sure it can b 'the killer-app'...

PPS
Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi - you are my only hope :laugh:

I hope they post something soon because the game seems to be dying quickly. I only played MP once and I had a lot of fun...but I haven't found any open games the last few times I've gone online to look for someone to play against.

I hope they post something soon because the game seems to be dying quickly. I only played MP once and I had a lot of fun...but I haven't found any open games the last few times I've gone online to look for someone to play against.

Use matchmaker, seems to be the best way.