• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
:D:D:D:D:D:D!

Now, rewrite it from the major's POV, like in Boomtown!

Absolutely excellent. Seriously. You should join the 2010 story, we need you. :). Excellent. 8 out of 5 stars. Best AAR ever. And i don't like them that much.

Dan Cook: Yeah, it's over for now. I will return, tho'. :)

thames:Why don't you write a HoI AAR? I loved your Orleans AAR. :) I admit that this AAR is a bit too short. I just ran out of ideas.

Valdermar: I wanted this to be a bit like "Gorky Park", "Fatherland" and those novels where everything starts out quite normal, then detoriates into hell on Earth. And, I don't like happy endings.

Storey: But of course the re-writes you forced me to improved the overall quality of the story. ;)
Thank you for reading!

stnylan: I wish I could compete with your Muscowy/Russia EU II AAR, but the quality of your writing is quite deterring for me as a non-native speaker! Thanks for reading, though. :) I have a Word format version ready to be uploaded, so I may post a link somewhere.

Renton: Thanks! If you're related to the character in "Trainspotting", I'd have to say great story too. ;) :)

JaJ: *bows* I feel a bit sorry for old Jon as well. What an anti-hero!

hughbartlett: The 2010 story? Personally, I'd give this AAR 3/5. It could do with a bit of fleshing out and a tighter plotline. But thank you for all the praise! :eek:

Awe

Tomas, what can I say? Your writing has evolved from funny and interesting into something that is just an edit away from being pro.

" One of the local boozehounds entered, his face had a blueish red complexion that you?d never see anywhere else. His body odour was also, fortunately, rather rare."

Nice.

I missed all the cliffhangers, mostly thanks to Nextgentel for screwing up my adsl delivery by some 6 weeks. At least something good came out of it;)

But seriously, you must be considering going pro now, right?

Cheers.

HJ

Last edited:
Hey, man! Good to see you back here! :)
You've been missed!

I suppose you're all set in a new den and with the 'net up and running, there might even be a possibility that you'd be posting here again? ;)

I've considered trying to go into writing full-time again, yes. The current outlook in the economy scares me, though. So I won't quit my day job, but you can be sure that I'm working on something on the side. :)

Tomas

stnylan: I wish I could compete with your Muscowy/Russia EU II AAR, but the quality of your writing is quite deterring for me as a non-native speaker!

*blush*

Now, Norg, although I appreciate the compliment I wish I could write a narrative like this. :)

I have a Word format version ready to be uploaded, so I may post a link somewhere.

Pretty please?

Den is up

Tomas:
All settled into my new place, complete with 5 other people to make the house feel slightly smaller. The LAN is up and at it, but still waiting for a new MB and some disks. My current mainboard is nearly 3 months old fer crying out.

HoI finally broke my horrible EU2 drug like habit, and plenty of time goes into finding just the right country to play. Norway sucks. Nationalist Spain has something going for it, as long as you edit in the leaders from Spain.

If you ever need someone to give a second (or third or fourth or whatever) opinion on your writing, I'd be honoured to do so;)

And one day we really need to get some mp action in. Is 2005 a good year for you? *grin*

2005 seems like a good year. :D

No, seriously, I can do that long before.

Good to hear you settling in nicely. :)

Anyway, that's the end of this long wait. Thank you all for reading and giving me such great feedback.

I may even return to a HoI AAR at some point. But not for a while. ;)

Great stuff, Norg! Just as Mimir, I really enjoyed the language of the story. This was much more then an AAR, of course.

I have never actually made myself to play HoI - even after reading this :D maybe I should now.

Hope you'll now come back to EU-2 aars?

Sasha.

India 51A said:
Thanks for a great read, it started my Monday off well. I read it from start to finish and enjoyed every word :)

Thank you very much! Glad it helped passing the time! :)