• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Susana

COO Paradox Interactive
43 Badges
Aug 18, 2004
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Paradox Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Galactic Assault
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
Hi there,

I thought instead of waiting for all press to start posting the Leipzig assets and writing about the game - I'd share the trailer for Majesty with you guys directly.

I uploaded it here on YouTube for easy viewing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28wXPh0u3Kg

Kind regards
Susana Meza

Very good, has the old feeling. The musich is really great. And the skeletons don't have this silly irokese-haircut, thank you for that. The animations and sounds are great.

Now we need just mor infos. At least we know that satyrs are new enemies.

The video looks great. Beautiful landscape and the fog above the water was a nice touch. I wonder if all what's seen is in when playing the game.

The art-direction seems perfect too, a pretty realistic setting in a lighthearted fantasyworld.

The pace is apparently a bit slower, which is ok with me. It will be interesting to see how it plays.

The new trailer looks good, much more information than the first one. I can't wait for this game. :D

It looks nice, overall- some of the newer buildings are quite easy on the eye, relative to the first trailer, and the overall picture is more like a real settlement. It seems to work better from a zoomed-out view. I quite liked them bears. Heh. It's an improvement certainly.

But, uh... again, this doesn't demonstrate very much of the actual gameplay, and how things like bounty flags, sovereign spells, hero recruitment, building placement, etc. etc. are performed. What about fog of war, roads/walls, AI behaviour, hero variation, etc?

I'm also a little worried about issues of scale, which is a question (I think?) Dumble raised beforehand. I find it a little tricky to distinguish the individual monsters and heroes at a glance when zoomed out far enough to see the action. That might just be the size of the video, though...

Anyways, good work, overall.

Alfryd said:
I'm also a little worried about issues of scale, which is a question (I think?) Dumble raised beforehand. I find it a little tricky to distinguish the individual monsters and heroes at a glance when zoomed out far enough to see the action. That might just be the size of the video, though...

I would imagine there will be something like a label system where the hero/monster type and maybe a healthpoints bar can be put onto the screen with a hotkey, so from a zoomed out view we can see who is where, and if they're in trouble. Press the hotkey again to remove the labels for a nicer less cluttered view.

Just thinking aloud, but this would be a way around that problem that other zoomable rts/rpg games use.

Although I would like a higher-res to truly see the details (gets blurry when the camera moves) what is shown is very pretty yes.

And yes; it doesn't show off much of the 'gameplay' but much of the gameplay of MFKS 1 was watching aswell ;). I am sure banners and HP/Name bars are in the game, and they should help you solve the scale issues.

Looks good to me!

Regarding the identification issue - remember this is on YouTube, and qualities of videos, especially resolution, on YouTube are invariably bad. They'll probably be much easier to recognise in the real thing.