• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DisgruntledLemming

Colonel
50 Badges
Jul 3, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
((Hello. I just literally got M&B Warband, and after playing on the demo for some time, I splurged and got the game. Two failed games later, I decide, "I've already got a story practically written for this guy, why not write an AAR?" And thus, the Legend of Fenn was born. Fenn has a background with his dad a hunter, growing up a street urchin, then a goods peddler (helps with the early monies) and then left because of wanderlust. However this isn't going to be the rags-to-riches story you may expect. My aim isn't to get a bunch of land, make my own kingdom and fight off all the others/conquer Calradia, as many other AARs have done, but rather, I'm going to be a wanderer, with my Jovial band of people, I will compete in tournaments, help villages and guildmasters in need, and overall, try to get rich. A few ground rules.

1. No recruiting from villages unless a mission deems it
2. No man is left behind. So if I get captured and the least important, weakest companion is lost, I will search every town in Calradia for him.
3. No taking jobs from noblemen.
4. Survival first. Renown second.
5. Try to avoid getting a fief, as long as I do not do jobs for the King, I should be able to do this.
6. Tournament in town? JOIN IT!

That's it. Wish me luck!))

Chapter One: The Legendary Exposition

"Hello. I'm Fenn."

1024x769.resizedimage

"Oh, sorry, I meant, GREETINGS MERE MORTAL! I AM FENN! THE SCOURGE OF THE VAEGIRS, MARAUDER OF THE SWADIANS, BANE OF THE SARRANIDS, SOON TO BE EMPEROR OF ALL CALRADIA!"

"How was that? Was that convincing? All right, here's the real gist. I'm no one. Yet everyone likes me. I think, I don't tend to talk to noblemen all that often, but I do give em a good thwacking in the tourneys though. Heck, one time I even knocked King Graveth off of his horse in a tourney!"

Suddenly a voice pipes up from out of sight. "More like he knocked ya cold as he would up to hit someone else!"

"Yeah yeah..." Fenn sighs, face downcast. "Don't remind me. Anyways, I do jobs, and so do the rest of my little bad. I would have called them my 'Merry Men', but apparently, that's already copyrighted. Copyright laws in a Feudal Society. Whodathunkit?"

1024x769.resizedimage

"This is Firentis. He was the second guy I hired and the guy who kinda keeps everyone else in line. He's a real slave driver, but I am sure he's a softie on the inside. He just hides it very very very very very well."

1024x769.resizedimage

"Meet Kelthi, my first ally and a fellow ragamuffin. Erm, one-time ragamuffin. Now she's a proud mercenary, keeping pace with the rest of us more... Experienced fellas. To be frank, I think she's the second-best fighter in our whole group, save for me of course."

1024x769.resizedimage

"And here's Katrin. The iron woman with a heart of... Iron. She wrestles men twice her size to teh ground and makes them submit, she can beat down a bear with only her fists, yet she can't get past the first round in a tourney..."

1024x769.resizedimage

"Jeremus. Some sorta philosopher fellow. He didn't charge me any initial cost to come along, so I let him in."

"And that just about wraps that up. As for as politics go... I really have no clue what's going on, all I know is that every third village I come across is burnt and nobles running around on horseback screaming at the top of their lungs. Makes me wonder, do they ever stay in their castles?"

"That's all the time for our Legenday Exposition as we've got we'll see you- Oh. Crud. Forgot Marnid."

Suddenly a man's voice yells from outside of vision, "Yeah yeah... Just wait, one day I'll save your life or something and you'll be THANKING me!"

1024x769.resizedimage

"Marnid is... Marnid. As for the name of our Jovial gang, we decided on the Jovial Bastards, with only Firentis and Jeremus voting against it. Sourpusses. We'll see you next time we do something interesting! Hasta!"

An AAR or "After Action Report" is relating in media how a game went - usually in writing, often with added pictures.

It can be long or short, a dramatization or just a factual retelling. But it is a way for the reader to quickly experience something that took a long time to play.

An AAR or "After Action Report" is relating in media how a game went - usually in writing, often with added pictures.

It can be long or short, a dramatization or just a factual retelling. But it is a way for the reader to quickly experience something that took a long time to play.

Thanks , as can you see i'm italian and i don't understand so much english , so was hard for me, thanks.