• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Rommel was a instructor at the Dresden Infantry School from 1929-1933, and was promoted in 1932. He was company commander of the 13th Infantry Regiment before that. I would like to think that he was a member of the American Front, and had a battlefield promotion to major. He 'could' be a strategic genius who wins an important battle during the war, after which he got promoted. And he was the best with Panzers, so maybe a strategic tank breakthrough. That is my take on it, however, I am rather biased towards him.

Last edited:
Hmm, an update on May Day possibly? Coincidence, I think not...

yay!!

Probably. There have been longer breaks. And finals are hell, so a time to recover is perfectly understandable.

Last edited:
I'm necro-posting but I've read through the whole AAR and I found it's story compelling and Germania's journey through the pages of history has been fascinating. Please finish!

Necro? The thread is still very much alive.:)

Rommel was a instructor at the Dresden Infantry School from 1929-1933, and was promoted in 1932. He was company commander of the 13th Infantry Regiment before that. I would like to think that he was a member of the American Front, and had a battlefield promotion to major. He 'could' be a strategic genius who wins an important battle during the war, after which he got promoted. And he was the best with Panzers, so maybe a strategic tank breakthrough. That is my take on it, however, I am rather biased towards him.
An important battle, after which he outruns his supplylines, ignores orders, and then get pushed back? Sounds more like the Erwin "Where we are going, we don't need roads" Rommel that I know :p

An important battle, after which he outruns his supplylines, ignores orders, and then get pushed back? Sounds more like the Erwin "Where we are going, we don't need roads" Rommel that I know :p
When I heard that, all I thought was Back to the Future. Rommel with a time machine. THAT would be one weird timeline.