• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
First, code an event with the double_nuke_production command, made to trigger at a random point in time at least a year in the future. Then nuke every major city in the OTL Soviet Union. I suggest you spare occupied regions for roleplaying purposes.

Sorry, I meant Stalingrad.

I say nuke nanjing, shanghai, dehli, and anywhere else that could put a dent in soviet manpower.

I'd hate to nuke Delhi just before liberating India. I may have no choice but to nuke China, however.

I vote we leave Africa be for now. It is cut off and cannot produce enough to seriously threaten Allied forces anyways.

The big goals now should be India and China. For several reasons.

1: These are big manpower producing areas, taking these furthers cripples the Soviet War Machine.

2: The establishment of independent Indian and Chinese Republics furthers stresses our commitment to freedom and liberty for all peoples. If the British want India back, they should damn well take it themselves.

3: These areas must be kept out of the Japanese control at all cost. A Fordist Asia brings up the specter of another war for either ourselves or our children. While we fight in a common cause today, Fordism is Democracy's natural enemy. Japan must be kept as isolated as possible, only allowed to conquer small, less populated and less industrial areas, so as to keep it unable to seriously challenged Democracy in the future.

My long term suggestion is to cut Russia off from her conquests and ring her round with American Allies and strongholds. At which point a multi-directional attack should bring the final remnants of that evil empire to it's knees and exposed for the killing blow! In fact the nukes should be saved for this attack. A mass slam into high value Russian targets will make the final offensive easier on everyone.

With any luck if we take China, Japan will invest itself in taking the barren wastes of Siberia and pour thousands of young men into that wilderness to wonder for years.

Good ideas. As it stands, I should be able to use my naval power to quickly liberate India. I'll do this immediately after the Arabian peninsula is cleared.

China will be tougher. The infrastructure and terrain there is horrible. Obviously, I'll have to take it, but I don't relish that.

You are right about Japan. Their refusal to fully coordinate with the allied High Command is proof that they will be trouble in the post war world.

First, code an event with the double_nuke_production command, made to trigger at a random point in time at least a year in the future. Then nuke every major city in the OTL Soviet Union. I suggest you spare occupied regions for roleplaying purposes.

That's a good idea. I was thinking of trying to merge the cold war tech tree project with this game, but that just seemed too great of a task. Maybe I'll give myself like an offmap -50 ic to represent other reactors being built and the production of greater numbers of bombs?

a great accomplishment you have there.
(I'm making a note here, HUGE SUCCESS:D)
it's just a pity that you had to delete the soviet divisions a couple of times.
maybe it's time to start beefing them.

You could para spam china

I actually do have enough IC for that to be feasible.

a great accomplishment you have there.
(I'm making a note here, HUGE SUCCESS:D)
it's just a pity that you had to delete the soviet divisions a couple of times.
maybe it's time to start beefing them.

They've been beefed up. I took a peek while I was checking if the new ministers I added to the saved game worked. Daily USSR mp growth is 8.12 mp. About 6.5 of that is off map (I initially had them at a -100 mp growth modifier because they were getting 15 mp a day and that was killing my old computer, but I gave them some off map mp). They currently have 641 land divisions.

Now would be a great time to reverse your changes, to up the challenge and make it more imperative that conscripted troops from high MP locations be captured first. ;)

Now would be a great time to reverse your changes, to up the challenge and make it more imperative that conscripted troops from high MP locations be captured first. ;)

Yeah. The USSR would be making about 10 mp a day if I give them the normal mp bonuses and remove the offmap stuff. This would make snagging India asap imperative. I may have to nuke China.

Quick update for October 1946

magi10.jpg

Operation Magi is drawing to a close. American marines secure most of the Arabian peninsula, meanwhile United Nations forces drive the Soviets out of Iraq.

magi11.jpg

I capture Basrah and Kuweit in mid October, which cuts off nine Soviet divisions. These divisions are encircled and destroyed in Dammam.

magi12.jpg

Four divisions are encircled and destroyed in Iraq. Meanwhile, Patch forces a landing in the British colony of India. Patton drives into Southern Iran, securing the major oilfields of Abadan.

phillliberated.jpg

The Philippines join the United Nations in the crusade against communism.​

Magi Concludes

The seizure of the rich oilfields of Arabia, southern Iran, and Azerbaijan was the major objective of Operation Magi. A secondary objective was to clear Iraq of Soviet forces and destroy as many red divisions as I could. Magi turned out to be a major success on both counts.

magi13.jpg

I kick the soviets out of Iraq in early November and drive on into Iran. American air power begins destroying Soviet divisions as they retreat from Iraq. This proves to be pretty effective,

magi14.jpg

The United Nations continues its advance on Baku. Treacherous roads and mountainous terrain slow things down somewhat, but we are able to capture the capital of Azerbaijan in December, after heavy city fighting.

Operation Asoka: November 1946

Once the Arabian peninsula was secured, the United States was in position to threaten Soviet control of the Indian subcontinent. Generals Patch, MacArthur, and Cannon devised a grand operation aimed at quickly seizing the British colony of India. The operation was named Asoka, after the ancient Mauryan emperor who conquered and ruled over much of India.

asoka1.jpg

Asoka began with Patch's successful amphibious landing at Karachi. The beachhead was quickly reinforced. Units from Karachi then broke out in all directions. Simultaneously, marines launched several amphibious landings along the west coast of India. Meanwhile, British general Slim slaps Brezhnev around a bit.

asoka2.jpg

The soviets attempted to drive Patch back into the sea, but they were not successful. Canadian reinforcements quickly broke out to secure Madras. Once Madras was secured, I was able to destroy an encircled division in Maduri.

asoka3.jpg

The encirclements continue. Latin American troops take over the defense of the Suez, freeing Monty to assist in the conquest of India.

asoka4.jpg

The Marines start seizing beachheads on India's east coast. Marshall takes control of the forces that reinforced the Cuttack beachhead and attacks Calcutta. He is able to take the city, but his divisions are heavily damaged by the heavy city fighting.​

Yay! Success! What is your next move? A drive into tsartyn?

Now that I have Baku, I'm mostly going to focus on the USSR's mp. I plan on seizing india and getting into position to nuke the MP heavy Chinese provinces. I will advance north of Baku, but Tsaritsyn/staliningrad/volgograd won't be a major priority.

Liberate India as a British Dominion with George VI as head of state. That should placate the Brits and give you that lovely mass of Infantry.

Operation Asoka: December 1946/January 1947

frontlinesdec1946.jpg

These are the front lines in December. The coast was easy to capture, but securing India's interior and its northern borders will take a lot longer.

asoka5.jpg

The Iranian and Indian fronts have met up. United Nations forces manage to encircle a large Soviet army in southern Iran. Soviet forces launch an offensive at our weakly guarded flanks in attempt to save their army in southern Iran. Konev's attempt to seize Esfahan fails, but Timoshenko is able to defeat a US forces at Birjand.

asoka6.jpg

After a long an grueling battle, the armies of the United Nations break Konev's army in Babolsar. Patton rushes to cut off any hope for escape. Rommel's timely intervention prevents Timoshenko's troops from breaking the encirclement. Around 17 soviet divisions would be destroyed in southern Iran.

asoka7.jpg

The offensive into the interior of India bogs down due to the weather and the inconvenient appearance of Soviet reinforcements. Canadian forces fail to capture Lucknow. Things fair better in the north, where US forces fend off Soviet attempts to invade India from Afghanistan. The marines continue their successful amphibious campaign with landings in Bengal.

asoka8.jpg

Troops from the Chittagong beachhead race across Bengal and attack Dhaka in concert with forces in Calcutta. Meanwhile, Rommel attacks soviet forces in Afghanistan and the United Nations liberate Rangoon, the capital of British Burma.

asoka9.jpg

Rommel is forced out of Afghanistan by a determined Soviet counterattack. United Nations forces fair better in Iran, swiftly capturing its capital and rushing north towards Turkmenistan.​

Operation Asoka: February 1947

asoka10.jpg

German troops capture Kabul and hold off a Soviet counterattack. Meanwhile, Rommel and Slim force their way into Herat and Patton drives into Turkmenistan. Patton is now a skill 9 Field Marshal, by the way.

asoka11.jpg

Marines land in Malaya and are quickly reinforced. MacArthur's troops advance north towards Siam.

asoka12.jpg

The advance in Malaya continues. The capture of Kuala Lumpur clears the last obstacle before Singapore.

asoka13.jpg

Singapore is captured after three days of heavy fighting. Around ten Soviet divisions are destroyed in the Malayan campaign.​

A line stretching from Caspian to Vladivostok and from Astrakhan to Rostov-na-Don? And from Bessarabia to Preussen? From Petersburg to the White Sea?
How long would that frontline be?
How the heck would anyone be capable of supplying a war of that scale?:rofl:

And how do the Americans manage to pacify and organise and supply all the conquered areas?

March 1947

frontlinesfeb1947.jpg

These are the frontlines in Indochina as of late Feburary 1947.

asoka14.jpg

We continue driving into the stans. Soviet resistance is quickly overcome and stragglers are killed by my ever present air force. The Soviets attempt to break back into India with a series of attacks on Lahore. American forces are able to hold the line.

asoka15.jpg

MacArthur attempts to link the armies in Malaya and Burma. Meanwhile, Afghanistan is cleared of Soviet forces and the invasion of the rest of the stans continues.

asoka16.jpg

The ancient cities of Mandalay, Bangkok, and Tashkent are captured by the forces of the United Nations.

asoka17.jpg

American armor fights its way north to the Aral sea.​

Liberate India as a British Dominion with George VI as head of state. That should placate the Brits and give you that lovely mass of Infantry.

I'll probably release India in April or May.

A line stretching from Caspian to Vladivostok and from Astrakhan to Rostov-na-Don? And from Bessarabia to Preussen? From Petersburg to the White Sea?
How long would that frontline be?
How the heck would anyone be capable of supplying a war of that scale?:rofl:

And how do the Americans manage to pacify and organise and supply all the conquered areas?

I know, its ridiculous, isn't it? Apparently the Indian front is supplied from Copenhagen! There are nonstop convoys of trucks from Denmark to Delhi, lol. I guess we are using Italian manpower to drive the trucks, because they haven't been building many divisions.

I use European and Latin American troops to pacify the occupied territories. The Germans produce Garrison divisions fairly often, so I always send some of those to guard my airfields. I dunno the inner workings of HOI2's supply system, so I just continue building serial runs of transports and hope for the best.

Edit: Posted below is my shoddy attempt to merge some pics of the frontlines into one big map.
shoddyworldmap.jpg

Last edited:
Very great progress. It looks like you will soon be in need of some mountaineer divisions, especially in China and the Caucuses.

It also looks like the Soviets are throwing more and more troops at you every time. Hopefully you can hold your gains to their counterattacks.

I wanna see the Fireworks in China!!!
you probably won't have to wait too long for that.

Very great progress. It looks like you will soon be in need of some mountaineer divisions, especially in China and the Caucuses.

It also looks like the Soviets are throwing more and more troops at you every time. Hopefully you can hold your gains to their counterattacks.

Yeah, I may have to start disbanding some units so I can build mountaineers. I also need to start spamming tac and cas. Destroying armies as they retreat is going to b very important for my war effort.