The flow of the game - a bundle of questions

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Holy.Death

Deputy Armchair General
30 Badges
Feb 27, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
I was happy to learn that the "Romero" game turns out to be a mix between X-COM and what looks like a spiritual successor to the old Gangsters: Organized Crime I used to enjoy a lot back in the day.

There are some concerns floating around already, when it comes to the nature of the game. Gangsters: Organized Crime was all in real time, which allowed events to play out without the game having to stop (and it was really cool to watch the events unfold, too). However, in Empire of Sin combat is going to be turn-based, so there are some questions:

1) How frequent will combat be? The big concern here is that a lot of tactical combat will disrupt the flow of the game by constantly taking the player out of the strategic layer.

2) Has combat to be done strictly by player or can it be automated (an auto-resolve function of sorts, like in the Age of Wonders: Planetfall)?

3) Will there be multiplayer?

4) If there will be multiplayer, will it only be limited to two players (or two players with bots, as having more than one enemy is always more interesting. Potentially with the players not knowing who the othere player in a multiplayer game is)?

5) If there will be more players than two, what the other players (who are not part of combat) can do or see in te meantime?

In any case, I am happy that finally someone is doing something similar to Gangsters: Organized Crime and I am keeping my fingers crossed for the team for everything to go smoothly. The first signs are very promising.