• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PDX Ellinor

Second Lieutenant
Paradox Staff
Sep 25, 2023
Well hey there, Lamplighters!

We certainly hope you have been enjoying Events and pulling off incredible shenanigans with Isaac. I personally have been enjoying running Isaac with Celestine and Alex to sow absolute mayhem amongst the goons of the Banished Court! Today, we are patching to improve stability and address the known issues from Isaac’s release.

But first, an update on our progress with Saves, Heists, and Crashes on Microsoft platforms.

Steam Cover.jpg

Saves

We’re aware of some lingering issues where players can lose save files after a crash. A recent update by Xbox should alleviate some of those issues. Please make sure your xbox is up to date!

Heists

After evaluating performance after our last patch, we decided to go ahead with the under-the-hood changes to the Strum Heist, the Nicastro Heist, and the Tower. The big difference is that it won’t take as much memory to save and load those levels, which gives our players on Xbox Series S even more space to play without crashing.

These changes convert one kind of code system to another. These missions should play through exactly the same as they did before - the impact is otherwise invisible. However, it is important to note that our work here will only impact new instances of these missions. If you load into an in progress Heist or Tower, you will not benefit from this work. If you have experienced a crash during one of these missions, we strongly recommend starting from a Hideout save and retrying the mission from the very beginning. Also, we still recommend saving only after completing objectives!

Crashes

We fixed a few more null refs - but we have seen less and less null reference reports with each patch. We don’t have much to share other than we think we have addressed all the ones we received from the live game.

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
On to the specific fixes!

Quality of Life Improvements
  • Under the hood scripting improvements to Nicastro Heist, Strum Heist, and the Tower
  • Updated Credits
  • Made it so that any Ten Agents roster should complete the “recruit 10 agents” achievement
  • Improved the texture of a few icons that were really blurry at low graphics qualities

Bug Fixes
  • Isaac should no longer apply passive effects to himself
  • When loading a mid-mission save, Isaac should no longer have a strange disc at his feet
  • Fedir should now shred the target’s armor when Enraged and using his basic attack
  • Fixed an issue AI would sometimes take aim, then cancel their attack

Known Issues:
  • When you load a mid-mission save with Isaac after this patch, he may not generate heat properly. This will be resolved after finishing the mission.
    • Loading a Hideout save with Isaac should not have this issue
  • Saves made in the Tutorial Missions before 1.3.0 will not load.
    • Saves made in the Tutorial Missions from 1.3.0 should work fine
    • This should only affect saves made in the first two missions before the last update.
    • Our apologies for this inconvenience, this was necessary to fix an issue with Isaac.
  • Saves made in mission from Heists/Tower will not benefit from the under-the-hood changes
    • In order to get the leaner version of the mission, load the save from the hideout right before, and start the mission from there.

And that's the dish, folks. We’ve reached the end of our time with Paradox Interactive, and thus with The Lamplighters League. Scoundrels never say goodbye, so: Thanks for playing The Lamplighters League. Thanks for taking Locke's offer. Thanks for the memories, and hey, we'll see you around.

All the Best,
Samantha and The Team @ Harebrained Schemes
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
A word from the Paradoxians

We would like to inform and also thank all the players out there for playing The Lamplighters League.

This is our last planned patch for the game, as Harebrained Schemes are now moving onto new separate adventures. This also means we will no longer be active on our community platforms. The game's availability will not be affected by this, The Lamplighters League will be available to play on all platforms.

We wish you all a very Happy Holidays!

• 8Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
The Best 3 by far are Ingrid (best passive in the game), Purnima (huge damage 179+ per aim shot), and Ana Sofia (she can refill other players Signature Ability, heal, and give other players additional turns). My favorite player was Fedir as his shotgun could hit multiple enemies. My least favorite was Celestine, her signature ability was cool but other than that she was boring, weak, and that gain stress or gain ability is dicey.

• 1Like
Reactions:
When you say "Made it so that any Ten Agents roster should complete the “recruit 10 agents” achievement", is there any key to making that pop. Just updated, and I was one of the many who can never get a 10th agent before being stuck in the endless Tower/Last Stand Loop, but because of the Free DLC guy, should this now be popping? At least when I opened up my save with this 10 agent roster nothing happened.

Thank you Team HBS… it’s been a wild ride with Paradox, a ride that is almost over. Know well that I and others are waiting in the wings to continue on your journey with you!

It need not be a Big and Stompy journey…

It need not be a Shadowy journey…

Nor a Crimson-hued journey…

But please Lord Commander, let there be a journey.

:bow:

Reactions:
Thank you HBS Team!!!

I appreciate all the blood, sweat and tears you put into the game, which is one of my favorites this year. And thank you for releasing another patch and not giving up on it.

I wish you all the best and certainly a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Xoxo

• 3Like
Reactions:
The Best 3 by far are Ingrid (best passive in the game), Purnima (huge damage 179+ per aim shot), and Ana Sofia (she can refill other players Signature Ability, heal, and give other players additional turns). My favorite player was Fedir as his shotgun could hit multiple enemies. My least favorite was Celestine, her signature ability was cool but other than that she was boring, weak, and that gain stress or gain ability is dicey.
I actually find Celestine probably the strongest agent, but you need to lean into her. You need to be aggressively inflicting stress breaks and mesmerizing folks, ideally multiple a turn. If you are using her, she needs to be the centerpiece of your strategy; just having her as a support agent well underwhelm. But if you do use her as your centerpiece, she's a monster. It helps to have a good way to reduce stress (e.g., through cards), so you can abuse her occult gambit.

I agree Ana Sofia is amazing (there are very few agents who don't benefit from an extra turn to start off with, and some, like Jianyi, turn from "ok" to "kill them all in a turn" with basically a single extra action to prep).

I found Purnima somewhat underwhelming, to be honest. Yes, she's good at dealing hefty single-target damage, but she's very inflexible about it (all her best moves take 2 AP, so even with her ways of getting extra AP, she's much less useful against the swarms of lesser enemies that make up a lot of missions). I'd rather use someone like Jianyi, who also does hefty single-target damage, but is more flexible about it (as fully kitted out he is at basically 100% crit chance, his attacks only cost 1 AP per hit, and he gets extra AP every time he crits) or Fedir/Eddie who can hit a bunch of enemies at once. She makes a great 4th party member, though, if you want some extra Scion-stopping power specifically.

And thanks to the devs, for a game I've enjoyed a ton. Good luck in whatever your future endeavors may be.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Finally, the game seems to have been fixed. (despite the obvious graphical decline, but the important thing is that the game worked at the end of the day) I breathe a sigh of relief, I was finally able to finish the game. I wish the developer the best on his path without Paradox and will follow in his footsteps in future games.

I actually find Celestine probably the strongest agent, but you need to lean into her. You need to be aggressively inflicting stress breaks and mesmerizing folks, ideally multiple a turn. If you are using her, she needs to be the centerpiece of your strategy; just having her as a support agent well underwhelm. But if you do use her as your centerpiece, she's a monster. It helps to have a good way to reduce stress (e.g., through cards), so you can abuse her occult gambit.

I agree Ana Sofia is amazing (there are very few agents who don't benefit from an extra turn to start off with, and some, like Jianyi, turn from "ok" to "kill them all in a turn" with basically a single extra action to prep).

I found Purnima somewhat underwhelming, to be honest. Yes, she's good at dealing hefty single-target damage, but she's very inflexible about it (all her best moves take 2 AP, so even with her ways of getting extra AP, she's much less useful against the swarms of lesser enemies that make up a lot of missions). I'd rather use someone like Jianyi, who also does hefty single-target damage, but is more flexible about it (as fully kitted out he is at basically 100% crit chance, his attacks only cost 1 AP per hit, and he gets extra AP every time he crits) or Fedir/Eddie who can hit a bunch of enemies at once. She makes a great 4th party member, though, if you want some extra Scion-stopping power specifically.

And thanks to the devs, for a game I've enjoyed a ton. Good luck in whatever your future endeavors may be.
I agree and I never used Celestine as a centerpiece as she was the last agent I got before completing the game. I really like Alexandrite in the beginning of the game as she would inflict stress breaks and I would have ingrid mop everyone up. I always used Ingrid as my center character and had her finish of all the enemies after my support characters would wear them down. As to Purnima, I am just a sucker for snipers and love sniping, cheers it was a fun game!@

• 2Like
Reactions:
Will there be any more fixes for Xbox?
I have been enjoying the game on Game Pass (and cloud gaming), but I'm at a point where the game has crashed three times when I'm trying to finish a mission, so I have more or less given up. You occasionally also get errors when saving, but saving to another "slot" seems to fix it (until that slot also eventually fails).

Another question: will the DLC be available for Game Pass?

Thanks

• 1Like
Reactions:
Question is, is it an Xbox cloud issue or a game issue? All I know is that several other graphically demanding games do not have this problem. ‍♂️
I suspect there still are null reference errors (when the game crashes hard), and a Xbox cloud save issue.
Since you run the game in the cloud, the hard crashes has an error message like "disconnected from game host" (not that it crashed).

I have encountered a bug that crashes the game, every time Isaac uses one of the fate abilities (can't remember what it's called right now) it crashes hard on Xbox.

Game still occasionally crashes when finishing a mission, I have to make sure to save before extraction.

The save file full bug remains but you just need to try saving to another slot, usually works on the second attempt.

Visuals sometimes appear to load in very pixelated and remain for the mission, other times it's nice and crisp. Just seems random upon starting a mission.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have encountered a bug that crashes the game, every time Isaac uses one of the fate abilities (can't remember what it's called right now) it crashes hard on Xbox.

Game still occasionally crashes when finishing a mission, I have to make sure to save before extraction.

The save file full bug remains but you just need to try saving to another slot, usually works on the second attempt.

Visuals sometimes appear to load in very pixelated and remain for the mission, other times it's nice and crisp. Just seems random upon starting a mission.

Oh yeah, the visuals in beginning sometimes don't load, and sometimes no audio, and a couple of times instead of Xbox controls symbols on the right are for the wrong console!! (and controls don't work then). Killing and reloading is the only option then, annoying when it sometimes takes up to 10 minutes on Xbox cloud to get a new host.

So a couple more bug-fixes please, at least on Xbox the game isn't quite the level you would expect.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I suspect there still are null reference errors (when the game crashes hard), and a Xbox cloud save issue.
Since you run the game in the cloud, the hard crashes has an error message like "disconnected from game host" (not that it crashed).

Yes that error message is one of the usual ones . There are a few other variations, but the session dies at very distinct situations. When attempting to save, when the illusion jellyfish (yeah I know they have a name, but idc) spread out, when there is lots of movement on the screen. Even successful saves take VERY long, and it's not a good sign when the most suspense your game can deliver is whether it will crash or not.

I'm soldiering on bec I'm close to the end, but I am very close to actively discouraging people from picking this game up or subscribing to Xbox Game Pass.

crash LL 03.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions:
Oh yeah, the visuals in beginning sometimes don't load, and sometimes no audio, and a couple of times instead of Xbox controls symbols on the right are for the wrong console!! (and controls don't work then). Killing and reloading is the only option then, annoying when it sometimes takes up to 10 minutes on Xbox cloud to get a new host.

So a couple more bug-fixes please, at least on Xbox the game isn't quite the level you would expect.
The development team and the publisher have parted ways. Unlikely any more work is forthcoming.

Maybe the xBox issues with the Baldurs Gate cloud save losses will get resolved and it helps LL cloud save losses as well. But I doubt it

This particular one I was playing it from my Series S. A shame that I won't be able to follow on from there. Still, I love the game, and eventually I will buy it on Steam. I appreciate the effort you guys have been doing so far with such gem, even if it's focused mainly on PC. Lamplighters was definitely a gust of fresh air! One that I intend to enjoy as much as I can.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Haven't been in this section in forum in a while since I'm bummed out with what happened here, but yeah even if its late, still figured out to come here to say thanks :'D

• 3Like
Reactions: