• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Something tells me that a short Corsican is about to cause untold trouble for the peace-loving Emperor...

I thinketh I need to post.

Anyway. I want more?

O well, I am definately looking forward to how it turns out.

I was thinking of reviving my old Fallen Eagle AAR. Though, is anyone still in the EU2 and interested in reading it?

Yes there is....... one of the few reasons that I still check this part of the forum is to see if there's been a update to this magnificent AAR.

And I must say that, besides from this beeing a really great AAR, since you allreday up to the 1700 hundreds you could just aswell finish the AAR.

Absolutely! I've been reading this AAR for awhile, and Its still one of my favorites. You've done a fantastic job with it so far, it would be a shame to see it fall to the way side.

Okay-dokey then. The next update I do will be to this. :)

Whoo! (Although I already stated recently, I also want it to be updated! :D )

Cool beans. Waiting for it.

Hey guys. For all my promises of an update I've yet to deliver. The reason is twofold: July was a very craptastic month for me, despite being the month of my Birthday. Secondly, I really don't know where to go with the story. I've got lots of great ideas for the Victorian Era and the 20th century, but I just can't seem to get any inspiration when it comes to the Napoleonic Era, and I know you guys wouldn't forgive me if I tried to rush through it.

So do any of you have any suggestions? Once I make it through the Napoleonic Wars, I've got lots of ideas for how things should play out in the 19th century, but I need some help here...

Hmmm well playing close to history couldn't hurt. I'd say, Nappy creates a kingdom of Germany out of Prussia and the north German states (Kingdom of Italy). spends 1800-1806 sparring with Britain, Austria, Russia, and South German Minors, then decides to take a different route and marches across N. Italy to get to Austria's soft underbelly, kicks the crap out of the Empire and tries to put down Britain through the continental system. 1809, Peninsular campaign in Spain and civil unrest in the Empire. 1812, invasion of Russia, Austria (now a nappy puppet) has to put ALOT more men forward than OTL and goes straight for Constantinople. Yada yada yada, Nappy abdicates and leaves his son (the king of... something) on the throne which Ferdinand and Talleyrand are ok with. Vienna and Metternich. Viola, 19th century!

Thats just my thoughts though :rolleyes:

That was my thinking aswell, do it some what like history but make the empire take russias place when nappy comes whit his grand army. A truley despret defence of constantinopel hasent happend for some hundred years.

maybe even the Roman Empire could get broken up? that would be an interesting vicky scenario - picking up the pieces of empire. again.

I'm with the Breaking up of the Empire choice. Let's say Napoleon gives the emperor a tremendous beating in the western provinces. All hell breaks loose in the rest of the empire - nationalism, you name it, opportunist generals, in other words a jigsaw of petty kingdoms (plus Persian invasion?) Napoleon is besieging Constantinopole, could this be the end of the Empire as we know it? (yet we all feel fine:) ). The solution, in my view, should be something like Michael VIII Palaiologus; treating of problems - ruthless diplomacy. However, the emperor is old and perhaps too conservative in that regard (he will not take risks to promise this and that which will limit his power etc.) One of his younger sons, however, is not. It would be highly interesting to watch Byzantium be dependent almost exclusivelly on its diplomacy - that and a young shrewd prince who will stop at nothing to save his homeland and restore it to its former greatness. (now and when he will be emperor later).

Just for the heck of it, you could even describe the third conquest of Constantinopole and the only surrender of an emperor in front of another with all that goes with it - meaning relics being taken etc etc etc. Which would be the starting point for the career of the young prince. You could even call him Michael. :D

You could have a very happy man who had many offspring who attempt to control the throne. Might make for some interesting proceedings.

One sees the prospect of an alliance and a part of the French army to contest control for the throne as a option. (Haven't read this in awhile, but the Elite corp could also at the same time be divided into factions supporting the siblings hoping for greater control with a "puppet Emperor", effectively a junta.)

You could also take the route that a french general, becomes temporary Emperor in the chaos becuase of the one offsprings contesting for the throne and his attempts to wield a very multicultural empire.

Collapse of the Empire probably on the Eastern front and the Western could end up staying a boil allowing the possibility for World War 1 to still have a prospect of a little man assasinating someone of importance.

All in all... French induced Cvil war of the Empire!

Maybe to spice things up you can create a French hegemony due to a successful invasion of Russia, where a right hand man of Napoleon decides to equip the troops with neccessary equipment rather than letting them "live off the land" which fell suspect to "Scorched earth policy" in which there was nothing to live off of.

Everyone contests for the throne of Byzantium? (GB and France, as well as Russian, EVEn Polish resistance fighters. :p)

PS. If there is no organization of these ideas, I was just tossing them out there.
I am not, however at the moment spontaneous enough to create names for said characters, though it would be chilling for terrorist organizations or resistances groups to have either be called the "Way of Nazareth" or "Hand of Azrael"
-That is all I got for now.

Or read the "Foundation" series by Asimov, maybe that'll give you an idea... (Science Fiction and Empires.)

Last edited: