• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fabiondo

Commissar
59 Badges
Oct 23, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
Does anyone else also find them dull? There seems to be little to no variation. Always two characters standing awkwardly. It looks so unnatural.
Events are the cornerstones of Crusader Kings. We need the rest of the cast: courtiers in the background demonstrating the full extent of their limbs. Show raucous laughter, intense hate, pain, and more.

descarga.jpg
kings_court.jpg
unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
Yeah I'd like to see more varied event screens, but that's something I'm willing to wait for. Certainly nothing to even consider delaying the game over, to any devs who might be reading ;)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Does anyone else also find them dull? There seems to be little to no variation. Always two characters standing awkwardly. It looks so unnatural.
Events are the cornerstones of Crusader Kings. We need the rest of the cast: courtiers in the background demonstrating the full extent of their limbs. Show raucous laughter, intense hate, pain, and more.

View attachment 605728View attachment 605717View attachment 605718
We really, really don't need extra courtiers involved in most of these scenes. It would look ridiculous in any "secret" situations (like most of the ones in the video) to have the court hanging out with you whilst you give orders to murder your brother, or discuss your incestuous affair with your sister.

Reactions:
Let's keep in mind that we used to have absolutely no event scene at all.
We just got (slightly) animated 3D characters with poses. I believe it's understandable that we don't have full sets of animated scenes for each event. The main purpose is to show the characters involved, not to play a video of what happened during the events. It would require much more work.

Reactions:
Given the size of the models would start to get crowded real soon. Although I could see them adding more variety in future updates. Like a successful murder plot showing your victim trying the reach that dagger stuck in their back.

Last edited:
Reactions:
When I was a child and thought Santa was real, I remember a letter where I asked for a bona fide miniature sailing ship with little automaton sailors and everything. Like, I wanted to just plop it in a body of water and see 'em go. What I got was a plastic toy ship with stiff, inanimate plastic dudes. Still had a lot of fun with it. You could open the captain's deck and everything! Really, the only regret was the realization that I had been importuning my parents into giving me impossible, futuristic marvels, and on a limited salary at that. Embarrassed about it to this day.

Don't know why this forum makes me think so much of that incident lately :rolleyes:

• 13Like
Reactions:
I think it would suffice if there will be a mod that just adds more background noise. For example for an event in a bar or something you hear more laughter etc and people talkin, and in the castle you maybe hear the wind whistling and steps echoing in the background, something subtle like that.
Other than that I like everything I've seen.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I think it would suffice if there will be a mod that just adds more background noise. For example for an event in a bar or something you hear more laughter etc and people talkin, and in the castle you maybe hear the wind whistling and steps echoing in the background, something subtle like that.
Other than that I like everything I've seen.

Wasn’t that already present in the wedding scene they showed off in the music DD? I seem to remember there being people talking in the background at least.

Wasn’t that already present in the wedding scene they showed off in the music DD? I seem to remember there being people talking in the background at least.

Yeah, there's supposed to be ambient noise for events that make the event seem more real, not to mention a change in the music as well.

I'm not quite sure. It could very well be! I just remember the glorious music.
I still remember though that I even posted that it would be nice to hear more "background noise" in terms of carts rolling around behind you, people walking on a walkway etc. when an event pops up that plays "outside" or within city walls.

I'd really like something where you could just close your eyes and instantly imagining that you are there.
Currently I think there is background noise but not as present or strong.

P.S. Thanks for the input @Riamus then it's really that I find it too subtle. But since these things are subjective, I do not have a problem with it :) Everyone likes it a bit more or a bit less - I'm just happy the game will be out soon :p

P.S. Thanks for the input @Riamus then it's really that I find it too subtle. But since these things are subjective, I do not have a problem with it :) Everyone likes it a bit more or a bit less - I'm just happy the game will be out soon :p

I would agree that it's probably too subtle as well, though it's hard to be sure from the videos. Any sound we might get from those could be turned down so it may not be as noticeable as it would be on our own computers. We can hope. :)

Reactions:
I would agree that it's probably too subtle as well, though it's hard to be sure from the videos. Any sound we might get from those could be turned down so it may not be as noticeable as it would be on our own computers. We can hope. :)
Definitely! And in the end there will still be the possibility of increasing the background noise or making it more diverse with mods. So, all is well =D

I think having actual detailed models in the background would be a bit too much but they do look a little empty at times. Some generic figures painted in the background where appropriate (e.g. a wedding) would go a long way for relatively little effort. But again, it's better than what we had and I'm willing to wait a while for it.

My big hope is that over time they'll start making more dynamic scenes for important events.

I want to see my ruler his family and friends on the throne, dueling, fighting,at mass, walking into the gates of conquered cities, at jousting tournaments, at feasts, on hajj, etc.

Even if it's just the two people standing while dynamic things happen around them that would be a huge leap!

Just plunk down my ruler and his wife watching a prescripted jousting scene in the foreground and make my day.

Reactions:
If CKII modding is any indication, event pictures should be super easy to mod in though. We should be able to even create our own events with our own event images. CKIII is supposed to be less hard-coded than CKII was, and even event images were moddable in CKII.

Reactions:
I enjoy seeing art on my events, i dont know what is the difference in ck3 as i dont watched the Stream (and i will not watch it because i want to see things by myself) but i hope we get good artwork in the new game.