• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Subbed as well, glad to see someone playing as the medieval version of my country :)

Hopefully Witozs will soon be replaced by someone less militarily skilled, Silesia would look so much nicer as a part of Bohemian crown :p

The Empire on Fire
Kaiser Hartmann`s loss in a war versus the Catholic Unification Forces severely weakened his position within the Empire. At the moment he had twenty-four thousand troops only - a number equal to the french`s, angry electors who refused paying him taxes and a revolt in Denmark to deal with. The Empire was taking a dark turn and that seemed to be only the beginning of its troubles.

(19-1) Kaiser.png

(19-2) Wifu.png

Slavomir`s wife, ten years younger than him, who he married by accident many years ago, dies under suspicious circumstances. What a lucky coincidence for her King, who was seeking a new spouse for himself at the very same moment!

(19-3) New Wifu.png

The chosen one would be Mariana of house Dandolo - a bancrupt merchant family in Venice, which lost most of its power after the Czech invasion of their homeland.

(19-4) Revolt.png

An minor revolt against Hartmann`s rule sparks a civil war, with the actual Kaiser on one side and the Grand Dukes of the Luxembourg and Tuscany, along with other lesser dukes on the other. Slavomir decides to stay out of it, for he is of no will to lose his people in the bickering German fools` fight.

(19-5) Situation.png

The global situation in Europe as of the civil war`s start. Notably, the Kievan revolt has not finished yet.

(19-10) Polish Kings.png
(19-6) Poland.png

It all takes an even more drastic of a change when the central Polish provinces start a rebellion against their new King Piskla, who inherited the throne after his father Witosz`s death. Piskla, being no fighter, dies in the very first battle against his enemies. Stasz, his brother, becomes the one with the mission to stop his rebelling vassals.

- This is not the time!
- My Liege, carry on, the doctor is on his way!
- I can`t, Karl, I simply can`t...
- You are the Emperor, my Liege, you are the God`s messenger on Earth! You can withstand any desease!
- Karl, tell my son to finish what I`ve started. May Christ give the boy stength.
Kaiser Hartmann layed dead in his black-and-yellow military tent, surrounded by his generals, in the middle of an unknown German field, green with the joy of life.

(19-7) Dead.png

(19-8) New Kaiser.png

Just slightly passing the needed amount of electors, Kaiser`s fifteen-year-old son Waldemar ascends to the throne. He already promises to be a warrior and diplomatist, but not a shemer or ruler in any way.

(19-9) Kiev.png

Kiev is finally united under the rebel Rostislav the Russian`s rule. He changes the name of his country to "Turov" and moves the capital respectively.

(19-11) New Kaiser.png

Waldemar the Inheritor grows, as expected, to be a great commander, though, unpredictedly, an administrator, too.

(19-12) State of Affair.png

Civil war is over, as most of the rebel leaders are imprisoned by the young Emperor. However, the war in Poland is still carrying on, and the King requests German intervention. Kaiser accepts.

(19-13) Polish Norm.png

The leader of the Polish revolt dies, his ideas with him. Poland is reunited again.

(19-14) Hungarian Menace.png

A new threat comes from the Balcans, however, and it puts in danger not only the Kaiser, but Slavomir of Bohemia himself. His people are arming themselves to protect their Liege`s domain.

(19-15) Hungarian Menace2.png

The first of battle happens between the Czech commanders and a larger Hungarian force on the plains of Osterreich. Eagle`s army will fight tooth-and-claw for every inch of its land.

(19-16) Child.png

At the same time, the messanger comes to the King`s warcamp, bringing good news: his wife Mariana is pregnant with his heir. At least something breaks Slavomir`s depression for a while.

(19-17) Battle of Linz.png

The battle of Linz will be forever remembered by the Czech people. Suffering heavy casualties, bohemians still managed to win it, killing as many hungarians as they could see and reach. The survivors ran to rejoin reinforcements pulled by their King into Esztergom. Eagle`s army followed.

(19-18) Other Battle.png
(19-19) Other Battle2.png

Following were the fights for Csorna and Comarom, both ending with the czech`s victory and ensuring safety of their motherland.

(19-20) Finish.png

A rebellion against Lajos of Hungary tore his country apart. Bohemians saved not only their domain of a larger enemy, they saved the entire Empire. Names of their hero commanders will be forever remembered by the Czech people. The war was nearing its end...

Last edited:
Subbed as well, glad to see someone playing as the medieval version of my country :)

Hopefully Witozs will soon be replaced by someone less militarily skilled, Silesia would look so much nicer as a part of Bohemian crown :p
There goes your "Let Witosz go" stuff. CrazyDerp: you ask it, we do it. :$

The Hupoldinger Unification
The War with Hungary was a great success for Slavomir of Bohemia. He and his people returned homw, awaiting for the end of Hungarian menace by their German Emperor. Stability seemes to have rekindled in the Empire at last.

(20-1) Heiress.png

The Eagle`s wife, probably as a symbol of an upcoming age, gave birth to her husband`s Heir. Unfortunately, young Kristyna is not a boy, though her parents still have time to make a brother for her.

(20-2) East.png

Grand Prince Rostislav of Kiev declared his independence of the Rurikid dynasty, renaming his family into "of Turov", moving the capital into Turov and changing his Kingdom to "Grand Principality of Turov" altogether.

(20-3) East2.png

God, as it seems, does not favour paulicians, as Shahanshah Hovsep II of Armenia loses in a war against a much more powerful force - the Behradid-Seljuk Empire, losing the demesne of Azerbaijan to the turks.

(20-4) War Ends.png

On the seventeenth of September, year 1125 of Christ`s birth Kaiser Waldemar and King Lajos sign a peace treaty of Steiermark: hungarians lose. The war is finally over.

(20-5) Lombardy.png

Emperor`s ambition for a unification of Germany under Hupoldinger dynasty is almost fullfilled. The last question is one of Lombardy`s independence, which Duke Orbeto refuses to give up. All of Germany rallies to Milano under the Kaiser`s flag.

(20-6) Depression.png

With his homeland successfully defended against Hungary, his brother`s remains long lost and his new child born, Slavomir`s long deppression is finally at its end. He yet again starts showing interest in women, too...

(20-7) Drunkard.png

Of course, a single Duchy cannot stop the allmighty German Kaiser. The war is swift and the punishment - as well.

(20-8) United.png

At last, the old Empire is reunited in its old borders. (Rus lacking, obviously)

(20-9) Coronation.png

The invitations, as such, are sent and vassals set off on their long roads towards Rome.

(20-10) Chase.png

The Polish King brought his young sixteen-year-old daughter with him, to the coronation. Slavomir is stunned by her beauty and falls in love immedeately.

(20-11) Coronation2.png

Kaiser officially recieves his regalia and, thus, finishes the Empire`s restoration. Old glory of Salian in Hupoldinger hands. Long may Emperor Waldemar live!

(20-12) Love.png

Right after the ceremony, instead of returning home, to his wife and daughter, the Eagle rides to Krakow, where, during one of the balls, he first gets aqcuainted with Kazimiera and, secondly, makes her his. Both become a happy pair of lovers, not unnoticed by Slavomir`s spouse.

(20-13) Mother.png

Two old women stand before the Bohemian King. They came to ask of him.
- We beg you, Prinz Slavomir...
- I said no.
- But, your mother...
- She was NOT my mother! A true mother never leaves her child.
- These were the circumstances...
- Does not matter. I won`t be visiting her grave.
- As you wish, Sire. May your days be short and miserable.
- Leave now, if you don`t want any trouble.
Christina`s body was in the snowy Denmark`s ground.

To prove that the Hupoldinger dynasty will be the German one for a long time, Emperor Waldemar wages war onto Josselin of France. One county, but much prestige with it...

(20-14) War.png

(20-15) Smashed (Auxerre).png

Battle of Auxerre is a solid smash of sixty thousand Imperial soldiers into the French King`s face. The First French central army is altogether destroyed by the invading forces.

(20-16) Killed (Auvergne).png

The "Auvergne march" is a loss on the French side, too, with more than fifteen thousand troops dead.

However, it is not all bright for the germans. Sun of the Holy Roman Nation and a son to Hupoldinger dynasty, Waldemar of the Greater German Reich dies in that battle. He will be forever remembered as "The Restorer". The war is not yet over, but the invader suffered the worst of all losses.

(20-17) Dead Child.png

Now... These were next ten chapters. We have twenty in total now. I will take a bit of a rest and continue our story. Reply to this thread if you have anything to say, that would be either that you`ve subbed, or any kind of suggestion, you know, generally, anything you, the reader, want! Expect a couple more updates today, too. :з

1) a Lunatic of the van Loon dynasty? Pardon me while I go giggle in an entirely mature fashion.
2) The Kaiser's continue to prove the accuracy of a phrase I adopted early in my CK2 career, "There are few problems 30 thousand angry Germans can't fix."
3) Poor Waldemar. Cut down in his prime. Really curious as to who the new emperor is.
4) I've combed through the ck2+ files and I can not for the life of me find what traits use that silver-square-with-crown and red-circle-with-laurel icons. What are they? This is begining to drive me a bit mad.

1) a Lunatic of the van Loon dynasty? Pardon me while I go giggle in an entirely mature fashion.
2) The Kaiser's continue to prove the accuracy of a phrase I adopted early in my CK2 career, "There are few problems 30 thousand angry Germans can't fix."
3) Poor Waldemar. Cut down in his prime. Really curious as to who the new emperor is.
4) I've combed through the ck2+ files and I can not for the life of me find what traits use that silver-square-with-crown and red-circle-with-laurel icons. What are they? This is begining to drive me a bit mad.
Hi there again, Slayen!
1) Oh yeah, that woman was indeed a funny one.
2) Yeah, Kaisers had a bit of an unlucky moment with Hartmann, but now they are okay. Hupoldingers are some really strong rulers!
3) Yes, I was really sorry for Waldemar`s death, but... That makes the story even more interesting, I suppose.
4) Finally remembered. I also use the "Historical blood traits only" mod, these are the traits "Noble family" and "of Royal blood". Really sorry for the mess they and my poor memory made. :с

Of Lovers and Little Ones
With Emperor Waldemar`s sun setting so early, his ideas, however, continued to live on. Almost immedeately after his death, Emperor`s uncle Peter is elected a new Kaiser.

(21-1) Kaiser Anew.png

Peter I Hupoldinger was one of the old Kaiser`s major generals, he is both a great warrior and diplomatist, dedicated fully towards finishing what his young nephew started. Although, in a war, simple dedication is almost always not enough...

(21-3) Son.png
(21-4) Lover.png

Slavomir`s beloved Princess Kazimierza dies in childbirth. All the love the Eagle for her, he transfers onto her child.

(21-5) Legitimate.png

Such a loss is too much for Slavomir to borrow, and he decides that Budziwuj will be his first legitimate son.

(21-6) Ambition.png

Grief plagues the King`s mind as he tries finding a hobby that could replace his lover.

(21-7) Castille.png

A kingdom of Greater Castille is formed in Iberia, its ruler Ramiro III bringing all the lands of Jimena family, except for unlucky Aragon, together at last. Will it stand the test of time and finish Reconquista one day?

(21-8) French Win.png

Most unexpectedly, Kaiser Peter dies, just like Waldemar, in a battle. As his body is carried to the royal crypt, the German claim onto Dijon perishes and the war is called over. Electors from all around the Empire gather in Saint Gallen to discuss who would be the pretender.

(21-9) Kaiser.png

Most people agree on that the great Hupoldinger dynasty should continue leading the Empire further into the future. The youngest of Peter`s sons, Lothar, is chosen the new Kaiser. Great diplomatist and learner, what will his rule be like?

(21-10) Legit Heir.png

Lords of the Bohemian realm agree on that, though a bastard of Polish blood, Budziwuj is a more preferable heir over his half-sister Kristyna, since he is a boy.

(21-11) Socializer.png

The only thing that fights fire is fire, it is said, and after the death of Slavomir`s favourite woman, he visits as many chambers as he can.

(21-12) Revolts (van Vlaanderen).png

A new civil war starts in France and it is led by the previously royal van Vlaanderen family, while Greater Castille is tied up in numerous wars versus islamic states of Al Andalus.

(21-13) Poraj.png

King Strasz of Poland passes away, his only son Swietobor, brother to the resting-in-lord`s-hands Kazimiera, inherits the throne of Krakow.

(21-14) Nickname.png

King Slavomir is in peace with his own mind at last. He decides that he should earn himself a fine name in the people`s eyes.

(21-15) Hupoldinger Tuscany.png

Celebrations happen all around the Empire, as Grand Duchess of Tuscany Matilda and Kaiser Lothar marry in the church of Saint Gallen. This marriage is no martilineal one, so if Matilda dies, Hupoldinger family will inherit all of Tuscany...

(21-16) New child.png

Mariana is pregnant with the King`s child. Not the rarest of things, since he had around three bastards before that.

(21-17) Kaiser`s wife.png

On the wedding night Matilda is missing. Next morning Lothar gets a letter from her, telling that she had to leave to Tuscany over an urgent situation and will be back in a couple of weeks. A letter written by Slavomir`s hand, while Kaiser`s beloved wife is resting in his arms, on the hayloft.

(21-18) Scandal.png

Not everything goes as smooth as it could, as the farmer`s wife notices the two having fun on the hayloft and reports it to old quarrelsome lady Adelheid. The scandal is a grand one.

(21-19) The Unchaste.png

This doesn`t go unnoticed as Lothar and Slavomir both declare each other rivals, the latter even insulting his Kaiser in private.

However, even in such a dire situation one can find a beam of light: King of Bohemia finally earned his nickname - "the Unchaste"...

Last edited:
Slept with the bosses wife and got caught.

I do not see this ending well.

BTW, I'd recommend adding a link to this AAR to your sig.

I know, problem is - I don`t actually know how to hide a link underneath the text in my sig. Nobody taught me. :с

Well, there are two ways. If you are using the rich text editor, then just highlight the text and click the link button on the toolbar. Enter the url, click insert and you are done.

If you are using the BB code editor, then you want to make it look like this:

<url=INSERT ADRESS HERE>TEXT YOU WANT TO BE THE LINK</url> (replace <> with [] of course)

So say I wanted to make a link to this thread it would look like this:

<url=https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...zech-fight-for-freedom-aar.899164/>Link</url>

and when using []

Link

The English Affair
King of Bohemia is a decietful and brave of a snake, not only seducing his Emperor`s wife, but even daring to insult the latter in private. However, it is all in time of peace. But what if it was war to strike?..

(22-1) English Civil War.png

Civil war is raging in England, right at the same time as the Civil war in France does. The one who comes victorious will be the one to change England`s history forever. But who will it be?

(22-2) Dead Wife.png

Hateful towards her husband, Mariana, ironically, dies giving birth to his children twins.

(22-3) New Wifu.png

Slovomir`s new spouse Urraca is an exotic one indeed, since he brought her all the way from Iberia. She is of stunning dark beauty and rapidly makes new enemies among the Empire`s noblewomen.

(22-4) Tuscan Weakling.png

Kaiser`s son Hermann, an ugly and weak product of an explosive Tuscan-German mixture, dies one year after his birth. If Matilda dies with no children to inherit her throne, Hupoldingers might lose their chance to lay hands onto the rich Italian land.

(22-5) Sister.png

Slavomir, being the macho that he is, even seduces his older bastard sister, a wife of Saxon Grand Duke.

(22-6) France.png

French King Josselin cracks on the pretenders and reunites his realm in one peace.

(22-7) Byzantium.png

Byzantium, on the other hand, only starts declining after great Basileus Maximos` death.

(22-8) Excommunicator.png

English Civil war ends with a victory on King Waltheof`s side. Kaiser Lothar cannot let an excommunicated bastard of church reign as a King in Europe and declares war onto the English dragon.

(22-9) Jealousy.png

Both Matilda and her lover get denounced by the Kaiserin`s husband. Publically. This could turn out very, very bad for the leader of all czech.

(22-10) Italy Free.png

Italy is finally free of all remnants of the Holy Wars epoch. A strong Kingdom of Sicily replaced the Arab Sultanate, together with the Duchy of Salerno and the Greek counts.

(22-11) Battle of Defenas.png

The landing of joint German-Allied forces in Defenas. Attackers are outnumbered and suffer a crossing penalty, since their invasion is a naval one.

(22-12) Failed Landing.png

The landing is a failure, but proves to be just a smart trap on Kaiser`s side, opening up a way for much larger landings to be performed around central-eastern England.

(22-13) Fight for Sumorsaet.png

Battle for Sumorsaet is, indeed, a success for the Anglo-Saxons, their enemies are severely damaged and heavily outnumbered.

(22-15) No longer Drunkard.png
(22-14) Ending.png

Few weeks later the English King dies on the field of battle. His elected heir is not excommunicated and the war ends peacefully, resulting in zero gains on both sides.

(22-16) Shahanshah.png

Shahanshah Hovsep II has come of age, at last. He does not show the skill worthy of a true Shahanshah, though. Will Armenia see its downfall under his rule? Only time can tell...

Well, there are two ways. If you are using the rich text editor, then just highlight the text and click the link button on the toolbar. Enter the url, click insert and you are done.

If you are using the BB code editor, then you want to make it look like this:

<url=INSERT ADRESS HERE>TEXT YOU WANT TO BE THE LINK</url> (replace <> with [] of course)

So say I wanted to make a link to this thread it would look like this:

<url=https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...zech-fight-for-freedom-aar.899164/>Link</url>

and when using []

Link
Thanks a lot, I`ll try it right away! :)

The ERE having a civil war? Shock, surprise, horror! Next thing you'll be telling me is that there is gambling going on at Rick's!

A Cold Atmosphere
The bloody English Affair is over and peace is upon all of Germany once again. Only God know for how long...

(23-1) Child.png

Urraca is pregnant for the first time. Her manners are of a true lady and she doesn`t show that it`s difficult for her in any way.

- Johann, bring me water! Fast!
- Yes, Sire!
Duchess Matilda kissed her husband`s forehead.
- You are strong Lothar, you can fight the desease.
- You... You daughter of Lucifer!
- I always loved you, my Emperor.
- But you cheated on me with that... that... Bohemian brat!
- It is but an evil rumor.
- I... I don`t... believe you...
- Sire? Sire?!
- To hell... with you...
Kaiser Lothar died bedridden, in his wife`s hands.

(23-2) Lothar.png

(23-3) Sigismund.png

Most unfortunately, yet again the electors had to essemble in Saint Gallen. The choice was an obvious one. Lothar`s middle-brother, Sigismund, was called a new Kaiser.

(23-4) Emperor of Romans.png

At the very same time, far from the capital of the Holy Roman Empire, the Byzantine Basileus was crowned in Hagia Sophia by the Patriarch of Constantinople. Greek people celebrated for days, just like German people mourned.

(23-5) Breizh.png

Josselin of France, his hands untied while the Kaiser-death-crysis is still on in the Holy Roman Empire, declares war onto the Petty Kingdom of Breizh in an attempt to make the latter`s King his tributary.

(23-6) Dead Wife.png

Urraca`s health became poor after her first childbirth and she dies of an illness later the same year. The new wife is...

(23-7) You Guessed It.png

You guessed it.

(23-8) Coloneia.png

Crowned Byzantine Basileus decides to prove that he is of true power by attacking young Shahanshah Hovsep of Armenia. It seems like the sun of the first Shahanshah may be nearing its set.

(23-9) French Power.png

Josselin the French easily wins his war against Breizh. With both the bretons and Aragon as his puppets, he rebuilds his ancestors` country to such a state, at which he can almost challenge germans themselves.

(23-11) Cool Shah.png
(23-10) Dead Shah.png

Hovsep II even breaks the tradition started by the first Shahanshah. Instead of dying on the field of battle, like a true warrior, he dies locked in a varangian`s cage, like a mere weakling that he was. His father Vagharshak is a great man, skilled in most things, but the time is lost... Can Shahanshah save his people? Or will he be the last Shahanshah this world sees?

(23-12) Armenia in Danger.png

(23-13) Coronation.png

Kaiser Sigismund calls upon his vassal lords to visit his coronation in Rome. Slavomir and Matilda arrive in the same carriage.

(23-14) Coronation2.png

(23-15) Monk.png

Markvart, old Eagle`s first bastard son, asks to become a monk. He is surely granted the ability to do so, since he is not in the line of succession and there are many more other children of his father`s who would prefer to be warriors and merchants, not monks.

(23-16) Tigin.png

The Tigin Khanate has grown in size and adopted Sunni Islam as its only religion. The opressed people of Finnish culture even started calling their masters` rule "Yoke of the Blue Horde".

(23-17) Pozsony War.png
(23-18) Battle of Agley.png

Count of Osterreich lets the Bohemian King know that he found evidence of his family having a claim on Pozsony. Caring for the expansion of his realm and eager to give his old bones some play to do, the Eagle declares war on Hungary. Joint forces of Slavomir and Matilda quickly crush the main Hungarian army in the battle of Agley. Path onto Pest lies open.

(23-19) Battle of Heves.png

Battle of Heves happens later, already on the territory of King Peter. It goes smoothly for the czech once again.

(23-20) Win.png

A couple minor battles finish it for the hungarians. Their King surrenders to the Eagle, signing peace treaty of Nitra.

As if it was enough for the old vulture...

Last edited:
You know, if not for the fact that both the kaiser and your wife clearly died of disease, I would be very suspicious that there where some sort of shenaniganry going on.

You know, if not for the fact that both the kaiser and your wife clearly died of disease, I would be very suspicious that there where some sort of shenaniganry going on.
Well, since there is always tons of scheming involved in medieval politics, I wouldn't be surprised, too.

Monarchs dropping like flies? Scandalous love affairs? Power Armenia AND a resurgent Empire of the Romans!? This has everything! Subbed.

Reactions: