The Difference Between Assault Guns, SP Artillery and Tank Destroyers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great thread! I was wondering how the current game (1.11) could be made more challenging to the German player, thinking "we" should be incentivised to add more brigade diversity, and penalized for not doing so. The extra research demands would hinder German expansions, buit the rewards could counter-act the hinderance.

Anyway, that got me researching SPArt (Too common and too strong IMHO) vs TD's (not all were without moveable turrets!) vs AG's (which I never use, nor TD's) vs regular ART, & AT's. That's how I found this.

So strange for a Greman player to not develop AT guns. Also the engine does not allow for the 2 types of mobile AA guns: SP AAA Batteries - Ak-Ak's (Strong vs CAS or TACs or MRF's on any land-attacking missions) and AA brigades (Towed 88's - flak batteries, strong vs TAC's, STR's TRA's and land armor (Hard Attack) units.

It does seem that, unless you are fighting against Germany, you do not face much enemy armor - not until you choose to hit the USA, that is. By then, your SPArt should be experiencing weak performance vs enemy armor/mecs. Not useless, as USA armor was poor early on, Just weak enough to force consideration of adding TD's/AG's/AT brigades. https://nationalinterest.org/blog/t...ld-war-ii-tank-destroyers-waste-time-or-17527

Last edited:
Whilst I appreciate that you are using the search function posting in a thread over 8(!) years old is a bit redundant ;). If you have issues feel free to start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.