• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

the_hdk

Grand Master
87 Badges
Dec 6, 2003
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Rome Gold
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
The Destiny's End
A Prophesy of Pendor AAR

Welcome everyone. I always wanted to do a Mount & Blade AAR.
My AAR's have a tendency not to go far :p. Especially as I get bored with the game itself. But this mod Prophesy of Pendor is incredible and it's hard to get bored by it. Maybe angered at it after some time when you realize how hard it is :p

I won't tell you everything about the mod now as it has too many features to mention.
In my next post I'll post the introduction to the world that has been made by the makers of the mod. So you get a feeling of the world.

To make it easy for myself not to get too bored or thighed down by this AAR, I decided
not to make it an story aar with many pics and dialog. but rather it will be a simple AAR about my accomplishments (or lack of them) in the game with explanations why I did what I did. :)

and last but not least. I know my English is bad :p

From the book "Founding of Pendor"

Description of the Factions in Pendor:

The North – Ravenstern and the Mystmountain Barbarians:
To the North, the Kingdom of Ravenstern sits on the southern slopes of the impassible
Cloudmist Mountains. They are a hearty, proud peoples having adapted to the harsh
Northern climate. The ruler of Ravenstern is King Gregory IV, the great grandson of King
Gregory I, who led the final charge that drove the shaman of the northern barbarians back
into their homes in the Cloudmist Mountains. Every since that battle, Ravenstern has
been tested by constant raids and sorties from these bloodthirsty clansmen. The Lords of
Ravenstern are fearsome warriors, yet they are quite proud and very individualistic.
There is a strong underlying culture of competition among these peoples that makes them
outstanding individual warriors, though in groups they tend to be undisciplined. The
Knights of the Order of the Dragon, the cream of the Ravenstern nobility, are to be
feared in combat. Like most of the other Knighthood Orders in the realm, these Knights
do not swear allegiance to any noble, but rather travel with the Lords of the realm when
it suits them.

The West – The Fierdsvain and the raiders of Vanskerry:
Along the coast to the West is Fierdsvain, where some of the Jarls of Vanskerry have
intermingled and intermarried with the old Kingdom to form a unique warrior culture.
Most of the former mercenary Jarls of Vanskerry who went to war on behalf of the Emperor
of the Baccus Empire had difficulty in returning to the cold barren shores of the North.
When the emissaries from the coastal lords of Pendor arrived, many jumped at the chance
to establish themselves in better climates. However, there were many in Vanskerry who
looked upon these mercenary Jarls as turncoats to the code of the North and have sworn to
make it a point to plunder the lands held by these traitors. Regardless, infused with
new blood, strong warriors and an appetite for both battle and trade, the Fierdsvain have
flourished and have become as powerful as Sarleon itself.

The ashes of Pendor – The Kingdom of Sarleon.
The Kingdom of Sarleon dominates the center of the game map. The current King, Ulric of
Sarleon, is the descendent of King Alfred I, former Duke Alfred of Sarleon. Once King
Alfred established the Kingdom of Sarleon, most of the Knighthood orders charged with
defending Pendor were outlawed. . The most famous of the outlawed orders was the Order
of the Griffon: the guardians of the royal line of Pendor. Today only one order, the
Order of the Lion still exists in Sarleon. This noble order backed Alfred’s claim to
rule. The Order of the Lion since that time has had a murky past, and for a score of
years they also were outlawed. Today they have been vindicated and are now in the good
graces of King Ulric of Sarleon and are the guardians of the realm.

The Southern Steppes – The D’Shar Nomads.
The South, along the Shavanir Desert is the Principality of D’shar made of dozens of
separate individual tribes. At the height of the founding of the Kingdom of Pendor
several tribes supported the peace and prosperity that the Kings of Pendor offered them
for a treaty of peace. The peace turned into an alliance and these tribes began trading
with the Northern Kingdoms. The makeshift tents and stalls that they set up in the
plains of D’Shar over several generations became small-fortified towns and villages. No
longer were they nomadic, but settled down, built homes and planted crops. Their
prosperity quickly propelled these tribes into prominence in the D’Shar plains. Yet,
those tribes who were staunchly tied to the old ways, remain nomadic and have rejected
the “city dwellers” completely. Recently they have reverted to raiding the many caravans
coming into and out of these towns. This has caused a great deal of tension between the
cities and the tribal nomads closer to the great desert.

The Southeast – The Empire and the Snake Cult.
The remnants in and on Pendor of the Great Baccus Empire are now called just “The
Empire”. However, some portion of the old Baccus Republic (Pre-Empire by several hundred
years) must have had profound influence on General Oasar, as he decreed that a democratic
council of Lords selects each new “Overlord” when either the existing ruler dies or
reaches the age of sixty. The strong military of the Empire could have long ago swept
Northwards into the Pendor heartland and conquered the interior towns, but for the ties
that the Empire has from their homeland across the Southern Sea, which have plagued them
to no end. The Serpent Cult has been a constant threat, both politically and empirically
to the Empire as they almost successfully corrupted the Empire ruling class from within.
It did not help that the many civilians and nobles were until recently openly in support
of the path of the Serpent. All this has changed. The current Emperor, Marius I, has
been successful in banning the Priests and temples from the cities of the Empire. This
diplomatic feat has resulted in more of an all out war between the priesthood and the
Empire and battles in and around Empire towns and castles are common. The Serpent
worshipers in Pendor have gone underground, and receive help from across the Southern Sea
where the heart of the Serpent resides. Marius I, has deftly turned the tables on the
priesthood and has shown to the peoples of the Empire the depths of their unholy
depravity. Escaping the death kiss of a Priestess of the Serpent is strong motivation
for the average citizen to help their emperor in this task.

East – the Jatu tribesmen.

Along the Eastern plains of Pendor are the steppes of the Jatu. The original Jatu lived
across the Southern Sea in a land of vast plains. They were a fiercely independent
nomadic people, well versed with bow and spear. The Jatu are skillful horsemen and boys
at an early age learn how to fight from horseback. After years of conflict, the Baccus
Empire brokered an agreement with the leaders the Jatu that in exchange for peace. The
Jatu would provide mercenaries to the Empire to conquer other lands. When General Oasar
invaded Pendor, his main compliment of cavalry was the Jatu Horse Lords. When word came
that the Great Baccus Empire was in tatters and that the Emperor was dead, the War
leaders of the Jatu had no way to return to their homeland. Instead, they left the
service of Oasar, raided dozens of villages for women folk, and traveled northwards to
establish a new homeland for their peoples. A closed society that refuses trade and
diplomatic overtures, these warriors will attack anyone in their domain.

Everywhere – at-large – those with weapons and the will to use them.
Once the Empire’s armies began to stand down and call Southern Pendor their own, the more
unsavory elements, to which the old Baccus Empire was famous for, began to emerge. The
Red Brotherhood is a confederation of secret societies that crossed borders all across
Pendor. They are bandits, thieves, slavers, and they deal in unsavory plans and sell
whatever they can get their hands on. You will find them at times, helpful, and at
times, they will be glad to relieve you of your possessions and perhaps your life. Town
Militia and various lords try to wipe them out when found, but rooting them out of the
various cities is like trying to kill rat infestation with a stick. You never seem to
get them all. Note that the various gangs of Red Brotherhood operate independently of
one another.

While there are many hazards in Pendor to be wary of, perhaps one of the most dangerous
are the various Renegade Knights who wander the countryside. These knights are of
various origins, some are from outlawed knighthood orders, others are twisted by the wild
magic of the items which they carry, and some are just bent on the destruction of any who
cross their path. One thing if for certain, they are deadly.

There are many religions and faiths in the lands of Pendor. Most of them are benevolent,
and maintain a doctrine that is the bridge between life and death with a code of conduct
that paves the way for a pleasant hereafter. A few of the non-benevolent religions are
bent upon destruction and hatred. These followers are termed heretics by the other
faiths, and are looked upon as something to be stamped out. Heretics often are believers
in human sacrifice, and other dark rituals and are unsavory at best. At worse, they
bring the stuff from your worst nightmares to life.

In your travels you will find adventurer companies. These groups of adventurers are from
varied backgrounds and have many different goals. Some are on missions for various
lords, some are bounty hunters, and still others are explorers of the ancient cities
destroyed long ago. If they happen to take an interest in you, be prepared for anything
as it is these self styled heroes that turn up in the most improbable places, with the
most unreal equipment and do the impossible.

To the far East, the Noldor.
The last known remaining trace of the elder races are the Noldor. The war of the Titans
was horrific, and the once graceful cities of these folks have long since been destroyed.
Only this one place, hidden from outsiders, remains of their civilization. The Noldor
were once wondrous workers of magic, but one of the results of the great conflict was
that they were no longer able to invoke the cantrips and spells that were so central to
their lifes. Still, some of their lesser enchantments are still working as evidenced by
their almost supernatural abilities on the battlefield. None who cross the paths of
the Noldor near their home, come away unscathed.

---Writer's Note----
Not written by me. Shameless plagiarism :p. Link to the original text in the first line.
----------------------​

From the book "The world of Pendor". Chapter 6.

Knighthood orders of Pendor

History of the Pendorian Knighthood orders as researched and scribed by
Hubris deAelswid of Sarleon, Scholar of the third order and keeper of the Seal of Sarleon.

The founding of Pendor was accomplished by a figure of legendary renown: Cavalas of Valonbray, the son of a renowned knight who, depending on which historian you reference, either 8th or 12th in line to the throne of Valonbray. Regardless, through exploit and adventure Cavalas brought together the various noble lords and founded the Kindom of Pendor and established the Silver Throne in Sarleon.

It is generally regarded as fact that King Cavalas, in his adventuring days formed the Order of the Griffin, which is considered the first Kighthood order of the Pendorian Kindgom.

Soon after his coronation, Cavalas drafted the Validus Charta, and it was signed by the various noble lords of the realm and through this document established the binding charter and legal grounds for the existence of a body of knights to form an organized order that had recognized coat of arms. It is generally argued that this was a condition by some Lords to support King Cavalas in the establishment of Pendor. This claim cannot be verified as no documents are known to exist that substantiate this theory.

Regardless, within several years a plethora of knighthood orders sprung up in Sarleon and other cities and castles. Few of course lasted more than the lifetime of the founder, and this document shall confine it’s scope only to those orders that have survived in some form, to this day, the 12th of April, 354, with one notable exception: that of the Order of the Griffon.

The Order of the Lion – Established in the 82nd year after the founding of Pendor by Sir. Roderick the Red. Colors: Red Rampant Lion on a silver field. The Order of the Lion is one of the largest and most renowned orders of Knights in the land. The charter of the order is strict in it’s chivalrous by-laws. It is the oldest knighthood order that still has members in Pendor. After the untimely deaths of the royal family in 198, the order was instrumental, along with the Order of the Griffon, in establishing and maintaining order in the realm and preventing an all out war between rival factions contending for the throne of Pendor.

After the succession of the Northern Lords, and the war with the Greater Baccus Empire, the order backed and supported Duke Alfred of Sarleon in assuming the throne and declaring a himself the King of Sarleon.

In the 298th year after the founding of Pendor, the Order was outlawed. All texts and reference to the reasons and history surrounding this event have been destroyed by the order of our King, Ulric I of Sarleon, himself now a prominent member of this Knighthood Order. In the 346th year after the founding of Pendor, the Order was restored by the order of King Ulric I of Sarleon and all references to the events and histories since 298 were destroyed.
Scholars note: King Ulric was coroneted in 346.

The Order of the Radiant Cross
. This Knighthood Order was established in the 113th year after the founding of Pendor by Baron Jorn of Dunglave. Colors: White Cross on a Black Field.
Scholars note: Dunglave was renamed to Janos after the occupation of the city by General Oasar in the 203rd year after the founding of Pendor.

The order was one of the prominent forces to battle the invasion by the Greater Baccus Empire in the 202nd year after the founding of Pendor. Overwhelmed in the battle of Sagent Glade, they were all but destroyed by the legions under General Oasar. When General Oasar became “Overlord”, and after the desertion by the Jatu, he incorporated the order colors to form the identifying marks of his elite cavalry units. While these Cavalrymen are not true Knights by any stretch of the imagination, and they do not operate under the Validus Charta, the colors survive and the citizens of the empire often refer to these mounted soldiers as the remnant of that once noble order of Knights.

The Order of the Dragon – Established in the 199th year after the founding of Pendor by Earl Klovis of Rane. Colors: Red Dragon on a field of Azure. There are some accounts that the order was actually ordained on the field of battle during the siege of Rane. Other accounts point out that the order actually came into existence when the documents were ratified and signed several weeks later by the traitorous lords of the Northern borders.. I shall leave that debate in the hands of other brothers to determine, if indeed it shall be settled in my lifetime.

The Order of the Dragon was created to honor the noble warriors who stood and routed the armies of the Mystmountain Tribes during the siege of Rane. It is a rogue order, with no charter under the Validus Charta.

The Order of the Falcon – Established in 94th year after the founding of Pendor. Colors: Black Falcon on a yellow field. This order has the notable distinction of allowing females into it’s ranks. The original charter allowed for this as one of the five founding members was a woman warrior by the name of Valera who was of no little prowess on the battlefield. This Order originated as a very successful adventuring company in the early years of the Kingdom that later transformed itself under the Validus Charta.

The Order fragmented after the breaking up of the Kingdom and over the years have declined to the point of extinction. The order was outlawed in Ravenstern in the 349th year after the founding of Pendor by King Gregory IV. Most of the order either retired or fled to other lands.

Scholars note: The order may have survived in a form with the Valkyrie in Fierdsvain as they wear the orders emblem upon their breasts. No documents survive that speak of this, and the initiation rites of the Valkyrie are not well documented nor understood. Though I daresay that I doubt that any of my scholarly brothers would want to risk their manhood by too closely examining the breasts of these female warriors.

The Order of the Griffon – Established prior to the founding of Pendor. Colors: Gold Griffon on a field of brown. This prestigious order of knights were the royal guards of the line of Cavalas. The plague of 198 wiped out a large amount of the Order Knights as well as the Royal family.

After the plague, they put aside their differences and worked with the Order of the Lion to maintain order in the land. In the 203rd year after the founding of Pendor, in the forests of Laria the order made it’s last stand against a small army of the Jatu who were moving into the Larian farmlands. While successful in defending Laria from being plundered by the Jatu, not a single Knight of this once proud order survived. The great hall of the Griffon Knights in Sarleon stood empty for many years until being converted into an abbey. Scholars note: There is some reference in the recorded histories of the Order of the Lion that prospective knights applying to resurrect the Order of the Griffin were discouraged from achieving their goal. This will have to be researched further.

Order of the Rose – Founded in the 125th year after the founding of Pendor. Colors: White Rose on a green field. This order was founded by Sir Rhys of Avendor and during his lifetime was a prominent order of gallant knights. After his death in the 158th year after the founding of Pendor, his successor turned the order away from martial pursuits and more towards scholarly ones. Since that time the order has degenerated into an elite club for the sons of the Sarleon nobility to enjoy fine wine, and intellectual diatribe. I list it as it still does exist in the taverns and back rooms of Avendor.

---Writer's Note----
Same as with the former part
----------------------​

Chapter One
-
About Me

So my name is Rhaegar. Just as simple as that.

Rhaegar-1.png

So this is me. Rawr! :p

mb4-2.jpg

My starting stats.​

Anyway. To be short about myself. I was born in the Land of Barcley. A Land to the south of Pendor. My mom died when I was young and my father (who was Pendorian) was a mysterious figure. Nobody really knows who he was. He left me to fend for myself and I never saw him again. Later I became a tracker and a hunter to make a bit of a living. But the world of Barclay didn't really offer much possibilities and opportunities. So as I gathered enough money for a ship to Pendor and went to the land of my father. The promised land.

The first few weeks I traveled the land of Pendor. Got from city to city.
In the next update I'll tell what I think of Pendor. so far. :p

Rhaegar, eh? Make sure you don't kidnap any Lyanna's. ;)

Subscribed!

I have been thinking of downloading this mod from taleworlds, I am currently using the eagle and the radiant cross. It is nice and it has landsknechts! How would you equate the factions?, I can tell the Nords, the Khergits and the Sarranids, but who are the Swadians and the Rhodoks? I usually like to make a Swadian army because they have the best mix of heavy cavalry and heavy infantry. Which faction has that in this mod?