• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Issue 1: Italy
Option 2: Release Siena as march
(within the next 15 years)

Issue 2: Eastern Europe; Baltic
Option 2: Set up Danzig as a subject

Issue 3: Iberia
Option 1: Declare war on Portugal (within the next 5 years) (Do this while maintaining our alliance with Aragon, calling it in war with us before declaring on Portugal.)

Issue 4: The Colonial Settlement Act
Option 2: Pass The Colonial Settlement Act as soon as possible.

Reactions:
Zeila is the province in the Balkan or not? If yes, then that's a province from Naples. Amsterdam has no presence in the Balkans.
We have not annexed Cayor and Benin because of overextension really. If overextension was not an issue we'd have conquered them already but we had to make priorities.
Maybe in the next chapter Amsterdam can conquer them :)
It is a province in the Gulf of Aden trade node with a trade power bonus, it is a coastal province and I think it is owned by Adal a the start of the campaign.

It is a province in the Gulf of Aden trade node with a trade power bonus, it is a coastal province and I think it is owned by Adal a the start of the campaign.
We will conquer it then :) I haven't resumed playing since the last chapter and won't before the voting ends tomorrow.

Current tally of the votes:

Issue 1 (Italy)
Option 1: 0
Option 2: @hirahammad @ThePatriotOfDreumel @Baron Tanks @CorwinusJ @londoner247 @crazyself00 (Total 6)
Option 3: 0

Issue 2 (Danzig)
Option 1: (Total 0)
Option 2: @hirahammad @ThePatriotOfDreumel @Baron Tanks @CorwinusJ @crazyself00@londoner247 (Total 6)

Issue 3 (Iberia)
Option 1: @CorwinusJ @londoner247 @Baron Tanks @crazyself00 @ThePatriotOfDreumel(Total 5)
Option 2: @hirahammad (Total 1)

Issue 4 (The Colonial Settlement Act)
Option 2: @hirahammad @ThePatriotOfDreumel @Baron Tanks @CorwinusJ @londoner247 @crazyself00 (Total 6)

Voting ends Thursday at 19:00 CEST

Edit: Updated the tally of the votes

Last edited:
I believe there is a small in counting the votes: Issue 3 (Iberia) Option 1 is 4 votes.

Issue 3 (Iberia)
Option 1: @@CorwinusJ @@londoner247 @@Baron Tanks @@crazyself00 (Total 4)
Option 2: @@hirahammad @@ThePatriotOfDreumel (Total 2)

Reactions:
I change my vote on Issue 3 from option 2 to option 1.

Reactions:
Current tally of the votes:

Issue 1 (Italy)
Option 3: 0

Issue 2 (Danzig)
Option 1: (Total 0)
Option 2: @hirahammad @ThePatriotOfDreumel @Baron Tanks @CorwinusJ @crazyself00@londoner247 (Total 6)

Issue 3 (Iberia)
Option 1: @CorwinusJ @londoner247 @Baron Tanks @crazyself00 @ThePatriotOfDreumel(Total 5)
Option 2: @hirahammad (Total 1)

Issue 4 (The Colonial Settlement Act)

Voting ends Thursday at 19:00 CEST

Edit: Updated the tally of the votes

Is this the least divided we have ever been?

Reactions:
Reactions:
Is this the least divided we have ever been?
Yes :) I don't recall any vote in which the Raad voted on so many issues pretty much unanimously.

Reactions:
Just change it. You lost, and we get a record.
Voting endsd yesterday and the mod who approved the iAAR said back then that votes need to end on a set date.

Also I won't be able to write the assembly chapter with the announcement of the results before tonight or tomorrow.

Assembly of the Raad of Amsterdam; 3 December, 1596 (Part II)

Delegates,
My advisors and I have tallied all the votes and it is time to announce the results. Three of the four votes are unanimous.

The Raad has decided that Amsterdam shall release Siena as a vassal in Italy. It was also suggested by some members to furthermore establish Savoy as a march. This will be done alongside releasing Siena as vassal.
Italy is not the only region in which Amsterdam shall establish new subjects. It was decided that Danzig shall be forced into vassalage in the current war with the Hansa before Lübeck is annexed.

The Grand Republic will also declare war on Portugal and her ally Castile after dragging the Aragonese into a different war first. This is to maintain the alliance with them.
I am also asked to sign The Colonial Settlement Act into law once we have completed Quantity Ideas.

That is all from my part for now. I will not attend the feast tonight since I am quite busy with preparing the country for war. Those who remain for the banquet, I wish a pleasant stay in the capital.
The Raadpensionaris leaves the council chambers in a hurry and heads to his villa to attend a small council meeting which he had scheduled for the evening.

Het rijk(The empire)shall rise!

Reactions:
Just got caught up and excited to see where this all goes! Taking tips for my own AAR on image editing (presenting information better without one big screenshot) and also how to hopefully make trade a major income provider.
What do you think of the polandball comics? Do you like them? I want to continue this next AAR of our friendly host.

What do you think of the polandball comics? Do you like them? I want to continue this next AAR of our friendly host.

I'm actually not a fan of the polandball comics but that's mostly because I don't find the aesthetics pleasing to the eye usually and sometimes I'm not entirely sure who's who. But I do like the comedy of them sometimes.

Reactions:
Just got caught up and excited to see where this all goes! Taking tips for my own AAR on image editing (presenting information better without one big screenshot) and also how to hopefully make trade a major income provider.
Thanks for following this AAR!
The next chapter is scheduled to go live tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Been quite busy the last few days so I could not play much :)
One of the reasons I chose Amsterdam as custom nation was to find out how powerful trade can be as an income provider. In many of my previous campaigns I did not pay much attention to trade and focused on production and taxation but trade is just as powerful if done right.