• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will you follow the request of the voters even if only 3 or 4 people vote?
Of course :) Why shouldn't I?

If something unpredictable happens then I might not be able to do so. But at least I try. Why are you asking this? :p And don't forget to vote if you want to ;)

So far, I counted four votes.

Of course :) Why shouldn't I?

If something unpredictable happens then I might not be able to do so. But at least I try. Why are you asking this? :p And don't forget to vote if you want to ;)

So far, I counted four votes.
Because I think it is different if the voters are 10 people or only 3 or 4.
Generally I wait to see if others people talk about the options, often they mentioned things I didn't think about.

PS: again sorry for my English. I have little problem reading it, with trusty Google to act as dictionary if needed, but expressing myself it is difficult. I generally use complex sentences which doesn't translate well.

Reactions:
Because I think it is different if the voters are 10 people or only 3 or 4.
Generally I wait to see if others people talk about the options, often they mentioned things I didn't think about.
Well, we never had more than six votes per issue in this AAR. Of course, the more people vote, the better but I can't possibly influence that. Anybody who pleases may cast their vote and it is never too late to join. But if the majority? of the readers prefers not to vote then I guess that's fine (I concluded that from the number of views this AAR has generated but this conclusion could also be wrong)

Feedback on the voting process is more than welcome if you have suggestions on how to make it better.

PS: again sorry for my English. I have little problem reading it, with trusty Google to act as dictionary if needed, but expressing myself it is difficult. I generally use complex sentences which doesn't translate well.
Your English is fine. Don't worry :)

Currently the votes are the following:

Issue 1 (Holy City)
Option 1: 1 @ThePatriotOfDreumel (Total 1)
Option 2: 0
Option 3: 0
Option 4: @hirahammad @Baron Tanks @londoner247 @crazyself00 @CorwinusJ (Total 5)

Issue 2 (DotF)

Issue 3 (Savoy)
Option 1: @londoner247 @ThePatriotOfDreumel @hirahammad @crazyself00 @CorwinusJ (Total 5)
Option 2: 0
Option 3: @Baron Tanks (Total 1)
Issue 4 (Muscovy)
The poll closes today at 19:00 CEST:

Edit: Updated the count of the votes.

Last edited:
Issue 1: Religion
Option 1: Ignore the Church of Amsterdam! (If some favorable situation happen, then Amsterdam should careful consider the possibility; I think the bonus of 1 more missionary is very powerful, but at the moment it is a complex endeavor.)

Issue 2: Defender of the Faith
Option 1: Protect our Brethren! (500 gold is affordable and Amsterdam could use one more missionary, but Amsterdam should bow out of dangerous wars.)

Issue 3: Savoy - March or Vassal

Option 1: Set Savoy up as march (I don't think Amsterdam will be in condition to integrate Savoy soon so I think it is better to make it a March.)

Issue 4: Muscovy
Option 1: Keep Muscovy as ally (If I understand correctly the size of his army could discourage other nations to declare war on us, so don't broke the alliance if we don't have an adequate substitute.)

Reactions:
I think in Mecca is owned by Heijaz, how strong is it? does it have allies? which ones?
If you have time you could give us a brief overview of Hejaz, maybe annexing Mecca would be too difficult.

Edit: sorry for voting just after you tallied the votes.

Well, we never had more than six votes per issue in this AAR. Of course, the more people vote, the better but I can't possibly influence that. Anybody who pleases may cast their vote and it is never too late to join. But if the majority? of the readers prefers not to vote then I guess that's fine (I concluded that from the number of views this AAR has generated but this conclusion could also be wrong)

Feedback on the voting process is more than welcome if you have suggestions on how to make it better.
Sorry:oops:, I thought that usually there was more votes, probably because of the discussion/conversation about the different options.

500 gold is affordable and Amsterdam could use one more missionary, but Amsterdam should bow out of dangerous wars.
Agreed. If option 1 wins the poll and we become indeed DotF then we will of course bow out of dangerous wars. The 500 ducats are not a big investment for Amsterdam these days.

If I understand correctly the size of his army could discourage other nations to declare war on us, so don't broke the alliance if we don't have an adequate substitute.
Yes, a powerful ally might discourage our enemies from attacking us but if they attack us anyways then Muscovy might betray us.

Edit: sorry for voting just after you tallied the votes.
No worries! I updated the post to include your votes.

I think in Mecca is owned by Heijaz, how strong is it? does it have allies? which ones?
If you have time you could give us a brief overview of Hejaz, maybe annexing Mecca would be too difficult.
I'll post some more info about Heijaz soon. Need to boot up the game.

Reactions:
Here is some more info about Hejaz:

GPGoPmV.jpg

• They currently have a regency council which means they won't expand much anytime soon. Hejaz is three military technologies behind us. Together with Oman and Warsangili they have an army about about 34.000 men. One of our armies should be enough to deal with them.
  • Coring Mecca would not be a problem if we also conquer Jeddah. Coring Mecca would cost us 12 ADM power; coring Jeddah costs even less with just 9 ADM power. We could probably conquer all of Hejaz without spending more than 100 ADM power if overextension permits it.
dU7fQNi.png

6OI96NU.png

Reactions:
What does the tooltip say it would cost to full annex them? Might be worth doing anyway to give you a base to launch ground attacks over Arabia to get decent Gulf of Aden trade power.

What does the tooltip say it would cost to full annex them? Might be worth doing anyway to give you a base to launch ground attacks over Arabia to get decent Gulf of Aden trade power.
It's more than I anticipated. 156%. Forgot that it would be a no-CB war and not an overseas expansion war.
Hejaz also owns provinces that we don't see due to Terra Incognita.

Anyways, if the majority of the Raad votes that we shall fight this war then we will do so but currently it looks more like the majority votes that we shall conquer no Holy City at all. Hmm.

2QInJKQ.png

(Don't worry guys, we are not at war with Hejaz but in order to check the total war score to annex them I had to declare war on them but I did not save)

Reactions:
In the province view, you can see the warscore cost of a province. If you hover over it, you can see the total warscore cost, not having to pull these shenanigans. Especially handy in ironman games ;)

Also, I didn't realise/forget that you were already bordering Hejaz from the African part of your empire. In that case you might as well go for Mecca, it's easy, it gives benefit and it doesn't cost much.

Reactions:
In the province screen where it shows the war score for the individual province, if you hover over that the tooltip tells you the total score for full annexation.

Ninja'd

Reactions:
Oh! I didn't know that. Thanks for the telling, guys! Played so many hours of EU IV and was not aware of that :oops:

Also, I didn't realise/forget that you were already bordering Hejaz from the African part of your empire. In that case you might as well go for Mecca, it's easy, it gives benefit and it doesn't cost much.
It would feel wrong to declare war on Hejaz if the Raad decides against it, don't you think? After a few decades we can then revote if we shall declare a war on Aggression on Hejaz.

Of course, anybody can change their vote as long as they say that they changed it before the deadline.

Oh! I didn't know that. Thanks for the telling, guys! Played so many hours of EU IV and was not aware of that :oops:

It would feel wrong to declare war on Hejaz if the Raad decides against it, don't you think? After a few decades we can then revote if we shall declare a war on Aggression on Hejaz.

Of course, anybody can change their vote as long as they say that they changed it before the deadline.

They only introduced that in Art of War, I think, so missing it isn't that surprising!

On Hejaz, I don't think you have to deliberately go out of your way not to conquer them if we don't vote in favour of it now. We are voting about whether you should specifically target a Holy City for the extra missionary. If you take their provinces as part of your expansion up the East Africa coast then that is natural progression which is fine.

Reactions:

Don't think it'll make a difference anymore by this point, but I'll change my vote for the holy city to conquer Mecca. That's issue 1 option 4 right? I had no idea it'd be this easy/natural versus your current territory, so why not. It's like 5 mins of work.

Reactions:
From the map I think Oman own Aden (COT), while Ethiopia posses Zeila (COT), if I'm right in the same war Amsterdam could conquer Aden and Mecca.
Maybe you could ask a specific vote of the Raad about this possibility, it is possible some voters didn't consider that Mecca is not too far from Amsterdam provinces in East Africa.

Reactions:
Don't think it'll make a difference anymore by this point, but I'll change my vote for the holy city to conquer Mecca. That's issue 1 option 4 right? I had no idea it'd be this easy/natural versus your current territory, so why not. It's like 5 mins of work.

Ditto

I said Rome but you may as well feed Rome to Savoy in due course rather than target it specifically now.

Reactions: