• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Awwww damn paradox not allowing me to make Spain early :( I can make Italy but that wasn't created until 1859. It's not fair I tell you

Not really. Italy "existed" as a mediaeval entity in the borders CK gives it -- the north of modern Italy. It just was never really independent (like Burgundy).

The modern Italy is a combination of this ancient Italy and the Kingdom of Sicily.

Well how are other lands created? (Sorry I just bought the game), since counties and duchies and Kingdoms can be created that aren't there in the beginning, can't you simply define the area of Spain as most of Iberia? Again, sorry, if this sounds foolish, but it seems so obvious and simple to me.

Wouldn't it be possible to have an event for 'Emperor of Spain' fire if you meet the conditions. You could make a user_defined trait and what not. You wouldn't get the title, but it would show in your profile, similar to the 'Imperial Crown' event currently - but specific to Iberia.

Definately on the wishlist for CK 2 is a new Imperial tier title set. :)

Could he not also create a new King title and call it Emperor of Spain, only creatable if you hold all the other existing King titles (minus Portugal)?

Last edited:
Wait a sec...Is it simply because there are no other Kingdoms in Italy or Ireland that those kingdoms can be created? Cause that would make much sense on why Spain wouldn't work in a similiar fashion, and also make jordarkelf and Veldmaarschallk's post much more easily understood.

Selim Yavuz said:
Wait a sec...Is it simply because there are no other Kingdoms in Italy or Ireland that those kingdoms can be created? Cause that would make much sense on why Spain wouldn't work in a similiar fashion, and also make jordarkelf and Veldmaarschallk's post much more easily understood.

Ahh right. I didn't realise that you couldn't make a creatable kingdom with other kingdoms as a condition.

Fair enough.

Selim Yavuz said:
Well how are other lands created? (Sorry I just bought the game), since counties and duchies and Kingdoms can be created that aren't there in the beginning, can't you simply define the area of Spain as most of Iberia? Again, sorry, if this sounds foolish, but it seems so obvious and simple to me.

If you want to make a recreatable kingdom of Spain, then you can no longer make Aragon, Leon, Castille and Andalucia recreatable.

The provinces in Spain are already defined as belonging to specific kingdoms.

To which kingdom/duchy a province belongs is defined in db/province.csv, below you see the entry of Toledo

Code:
197;PROV197;Toledo;Spain;La_Mancha;0;Hills;0;castillian;5;TOLE;CAST

The province ID = 197
The name of the province = Toledo
The region it belongs to is Spain
The area it belongs to is La_Mancha
It is not a sea-zone (is the first 0)
It's terrain is hills
It has no port (the second 0
It default culture is Castillian
It's base income is 5
It is part of the default (recreatable) duchy of Toledo (TOLE)
It is part of the default (recreatabe) kingdom of Castille (CAST)

If you want to make it part of another recreatable kingdom, Spain f.e.) you must edit the entry CAST with something different. That means that Toledo is no longer part of a recreatable kingdom of Castille

The very rich counties, like f.e. Venice, Byzantion, Cordoba, have been made 'poorer' while counties that surround them have been made a bit 'richer'.

I love this, I assume the idea was to stop Venice having uber-regiments despite historically having low manpower.
Instead of spreading the high tax values around to neighbouring provinces though, would it be possible to add an event which represented mercantile income and gave the province owner gold? So the owners of Venice, Genoa, etc would get a semi-regular lump sum entitled 'merchant tolls' or something, making them gold-rich, but not necessarily manpower-rich (like in real life, they would be better suited to using mercenaries).
I would test this idea myself but I am inept at modding.

The very rich counties, like f.e. Venice, Byzantion, Cordoba, have been made 'poorer' while counties that surround them have been made a bit 'richer'.

I love this, I assume the idea was to stop Venice having uber-regiments despite historically having low manpower.
Instead of spreading the high tax values around to neighbouring provinces though, would it be possible to add an event which represented mercantile income and gave the province owner gold? So the owners of Venice, Genoa, etc would get a semi-regular lump sum entitled 'merchant tolls' or something, making them gold-rich, but not necessarily manpower-rich (like in real life, they would be better suited to using mercenaries).
I would test this idea myself but I am inept at modding.

Such an event is possible, though currently I am working on other projects. But I will certainly think about such an event for the future.

Veld any plans to add the British Isles expansion to standard TASS?
I enjoyed playing the Before the Conquest but would like very much to have an expanded Wales and Ireland in the standard alt. scenario (Norman Dukes of England not Saxon etc).

Last edited:
Veld any plans to add the British Isles expansion to standard TASS?
I enjoyed playing the Before the Conquest but would like very much to have an expanded Wales and Ireland in the standard alt. scenario (Norman Dukes of England not Saxon etc).

There are plans but it will not happen soon. I am working on another project (npt CK-related)

is it normal that I keep getting "implausable demesne, give all your counties to random vassals lol" events for povinces as close as Tiberias and Ascalon when my capital is in Jerusalem? :wacko: