• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(14713)

Sergeant
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
First of all thank you for the effort moding HOI.

Some questions :

Where is the sp version b6 rs4 wt1 on your site ? are you working on a new version ? including tank tech mod ?

I would like to know if you will try to put something more historical in the IA behaviour. Something that is worrying me is the speed of the allied and ussr in research. IMO the allied and Ussr were never able to be equal to their german counterparts in 1/1 basis along the war (a least until 1945), so i agree with your about the number of units builded (a lot of russian lot of IC etc.), but i hope you will put an option that allow to chose between a more historical evolution of the divisions capabilities and on a more big scale of the research. (To be nuked by USA 1943 seems a little bit ahistorical i hope you agree with me). If it was a joke about an ongoing diplomatic crisis forget me, i am french but i could understand the need to nuke paris sometimes, (note : i do not agree, but i understand :D )

In b6 i've seen that in 1939 england was putting 30 Mec Divisions in line (IMO it's a bit too much). Not speaking of USA and USSR that were far away in number and worst of all in tech ....IMO it's to much for me. Is it really your goal ?

I like the elite, they are very useful, something to note, it's possible to get elite troops without spending MP (quite easy : produce a normal unit, and upgrade it to elit) result for 10MP instead of 16MP you have a nice elite inf (cost 44days at 4IC = costly but interesting in term of troops quality and MP economies). Needless to say that a full elite german army useful especially if this army doesn't cost any MP.

DURIN

Final mode

I've missed something !!! the stony road multimod final (3,3Mo) seems to be smaller than the last beta 6 (5,3 Mo). So correct me if i am wrong, i could play the multimod final in single player with all the last mods you put in the last beta 6.

In this case thank you for the job, i suppose that the CTD with tank mod is gone.

Another thing. Does the IA take into account a massive para army build ? Seing all this forts and dca, i've comme to the conclusion that the highest hard attack (with a lot of unit) combined with paradrops should won the day in fortified aera.

The job you have done is great, and we needs people like you to make HOI really good. Go on "La France vous regarde et elle est fière de vous.".

What do you think about the need to forbid the use of nuke in a massive scale ? IMO found it a game killer.

Nevertheless thank you for you quick reply

DURIN

The final excludes the graphical frontend. only menu and minimap are in.
You can download and install it via the stony page if you like, get it there.
para army. When i remember right i made them much more costly. Hope this was not lost when i removed the modified tankmod. let us see: yes, still in:

standard:
Code:
model = {
	cost 					= 6
	buildtime				= 120
	manpower 				= 10
	maxspeed 				= 4
	defaultorganisation 	= 30
	grounddefence 			= 2
	airdefence				= 3
	softattack				= 1
	hardattack				= 1
	airattack				= 1
	transportweight			= 5
	supplyconsumption 		= 1
	fuelconsumption			= 0
	speed_cap_art			= 4
	speed_cap_eng			= 5
	speed_cap_at			= 4
	speed_cap_aa			= 4
}

stony road:
Code:
model = {
	cost 					= 8
	buildtime				= 160
	manpower 				= 28
	maxspeed 				= 1
	defaultorganisation 			= 25
	grounddefence 				= 2
	airdefence				= 3
	softattack				= 1
	hardattack				= 1
	airattack				= 1
	transportweight			= 25
	supplyconsumption 		= 10
	fuelconsumption			= 0
	speed_cap_art			= 1
	speed_cap_eng			= 1
	speed_cap_at			= 1
	speed_cap_aa			= 1
}

massive nukes is not possible in stony road SP. You need all IC to survive barely.

Will make it harder in MP though, have not thought about that.

Thanks for the flowers!!

Flowers ??

No "Politesse, reconnaissance et respect", and when i like something, i think it's good for those that are making the work they know it. (i believe it's not an easy task to mod correctly)

Flowers, medals, honnors .... all the same.

getting back to mod :

Paras are costly, but they are so usefull

Two things are missing concerning airbornes operations :

First one : Aerotransportable Moutains divisions (follow up landing in crete for example)

Second one : gliders divisions (heavier type)

I don't know if it is possible to implement it

Did you see the way i found to have a full elite army at no MP Cost, i know this is unfair but i was so desesperate in reading the figures beetween the size of Wermacht and the allied armies that i've to keep the edge in term of org.

By the side do you have an email, i've some rules i would like to submit to you to see if they are moddable

DURIN

First one : Aerotransportable Moutains divisions (follow up landing in crete for example)
just not possible. this is hard-coded

Second one : gliders divisions (heavier type)
do-able

By the side do you have an email, i've some rules i would like to submit to you to see if they are moddable
best is you post here, here they are more discussed.

my email adress would be

nightyy@gmx.de