• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PhaSeSC2

Recruit
56 Badges
Mar 27, 2017
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Impire
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Hi All, I've just installed stellaris again on a new computer and haven't been able to get it to run. I've been having severe texture issues (main screen turning largely grey, no portraits or ships loading) - setting stellaris to launch with -dx11 fixed most of these, however if I do that then planets, stars and several ship sets still do not load/stretch. I've tried reinstalling stellaris (clean install), verifying the game files, checked the resolution in the settings document, tried windowed/borderless/fullscreen, created AV/firewall exceptions and updated my gfx drivers and can't seem to get it to work. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks :)

The game is unmodded and I have all the DLCs barring plantoids if that changes anything.

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/logs/ folder, attach system.log , error.log .

Thanks, hopefully everything needed is attached :)

Attachments

• settings.txt
    1,1 KB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    365 bytes · Views: 0
  • system.log
    4,9 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    72,8 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    104,8 KB · Views: 0
Lots of errors in that log which I'm sure are not normal. you are 100% sure no mods are in use here?

Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere, and user_empire_designs.txt from /Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/ if you have made any custom empires or races.
- "uninstall" in Steam-Stellaris
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/Stellaris AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add stellaris.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular you need to make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam Stellaris or Documents Stellaris locations, before installing again.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you for having a look... it turns out since it was a completely fresh install on a new computer, it dredged up an old list of mods I'd used years ago, turned off and then prompted forgotten about and tried to reapply them without me realising, hence everything coming up as errors. Doh!