• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1) i have updated a lot of tests in my above post!
Units are NOT the culprint... and ships do slow down the game the most...

2) AAAAAAANNND!!!!!
HEUREKA!!!! I have found it!

1945 Scenario:
Default : 85 sec
All alliances reduced to 1 participant - no change (still at war)
All wars removed - 106 sec

All wars removed + all alliances reduced to 1 participant.... 29.3Sec !!!!!!!!!

Big alliances seem to slow down the game!, not units.

Last edited:
I'll be damned! Very interesting!

That may give us the main factor in the slowdown, although your bit on ships is pretty interesting too.... but why? Why would alliances slow things down so much? Are the alliances similarly slow even without war?

Only alliances witout war makes the game even slower (see above.. all wars removed)

Lennartos said:
Only alliances witout war makes the game even slower (see above.. all wars removed)

Okay, but if all alliances were removed, the war was still on, and the game was still slow, then that tells me that alliances are not the issue. Instead, *war* is the issue. Of course, that doesn't explain 1939 vs. 1945.

Also, what is the size difference between the alliances in 1939 to 1945?

bbasgen said:
Okay, but if all alliances were removed, the war was still on, and the game was still slow, then that tells me that alliances are not the issue. Instead, *war* is the issue. Of course, that doesn't explain 1939 vs. 1945.

Also, what is the size difference between the alliances in 1939 to 1945?

I will try to explain again:
Alliance + War: 85 sec
No alliances + War: 80sec
Alliance + No war: 105
No Alliance + No War: 30sec

Just some more data to throw out there...

One last go with the old P4 system, this time as Tibet in the 1936 scenario...

Running the monty of January takes aprox. 1:50.

Windows is installing on my new Core 2 Duo 3.0 ghz as I write this... I'll use it to run some tests this afternoon.

Three cheers for more data!

Hello.

About the slowdowns, i am having some probles here, hope someone can help me.
The deal is: I started playing with Argentina on the 44´ scenario, after 1 1/2 years the game starts to slowdown but, every 2 secs it stops for fractions of seconds, this since 1946 begun, i don´t know why, but is anoying, i can not move the mouse pointer freely.
I´ve tryed with each spead option aviable, and happens all the time, i dont know if this hppens in other saved games, since all of them are less than a year played.
Thanks, if some one could tel me how to fix this, please do so.

P.S. My laptop is a core dos duo 2.0 Ghz Clock speed with a 2 Gig RAM and Nvidia geforce 8400M Gt "gpu".

Lennartos said:
1945 Scenario:
Default : 85 sec
All alliances reduced to 1 participant - no change (still at war)
All wars removed - 106 sec

All wars removed + all alliances reduced to 1 participant.... 29.3Sec !!!!!!!!!

Can you confirm these results with the same testing for 1939? The alliance sizes don't seem to be that dissimilar between the two scenarios with the major exception of the USA.

This is difficult to explain, though, in game logic. For example, suppose the lag is caused by allies who co-ordinate their movements, and perhaps they have to double check the actions of all their allies. If that were true, however, the same checks should not be necessary in peace time. Also, if that were true, keeping the war on but with alliances removed would have shown an improvement. So, I don't see a rationale for these results....

Unfortunately, the results you've found are a bit tragic: we can't suggest folks improve game speed in a war game by ending all wars and disbanding all alliances! :p

Oberkommando said:
Hello.

About the slowdowns, i am having some probles here, hope someone can help me.
The deal is: I started playing with Argentina on the 44´ scenario, after 1 1/2 years the game starts to slowdown but, every 2 secs it stops for fractions of seconds, this since 1946 begun, i don´t know why, but is anoying, i can not move the mouse pointer freely.
I´ve tryed with each spead option aviable, and happens all the time, i dont know if this hppens in other saved games, since all of them are less than a year played.
Thanks, if some one could tel me how to fix this, please do so.

How long is your 2 seconds in game time? I was having a similiar issue every 24 hours of game time due to ghost fleet build up. See my "Are there any solutions for Late Game Lag?" thread from the 24th for solutions. Cheers

Silly question, but don't leader numbers tend to increase dramatically with game year?

That is one area where you will see dramatic differences between 1939 and 1945.

I'll be damned! Very interesting!

That may give us the main factor in the slowdown, although your bit on ships is pretty interesting too.... but why? Why would alliances slow things down so much? Are the alliances similarly slow even without war?

Did anyone check to see if it was the transfer of exp. forces between Allied AI countries?

Thread Necromancy..... :eek:

And not relevant anymore with a newer version of the Game out there.

Post a new thread if you want to do these types of tests with 1.3 ... and I would wait to do that until the final 1.3 patch is released.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.