• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MrSaint

Recruit
64 Badges
Feb 24, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Ancient Space
  • Magicka
  • Impire
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pride of Nations
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've been a long time forum lurker and player of Paradox games and I've always wanted to give an AAR a shot. It's been awhile since I've written fiction at length, most of the times its multi-player RP stuff(online or D&D) so I'm using this a writing exercise to keep me on my toes and because fiction writing is fun.

What this AAR will entail:
News Reports of critical details
Light story telling in regards of fleet combat, scientific exploration, and events.
For event's I'll try to keep it overly generic so I don't ruin anyone's experience if they have yet to encounter it.

More details to come. I was well into one game so I will be deleting all of that progress and starting anew.

The game mode will be the following:
Military Republic
Xenophile, Militarist, Materialist
Lasers, Hyperspace Travel, Standard Mamillian Ships
Weak, Rapid Breeders, Communal, Enduring
1k Stars, Hyperdrive Only, 26 AI Empires, 8 Advanced AI

Daily Europe
January 1st 2200,
Peter Bertil, AP
Geneva, Switzerland

Headline:
Terran Confederation A Reality With Start of New Year

Today in Switzerland, recently elected Prime Minister Gregory Santos of the North American States was sworn in as the first leader of the newly formed Terran Confederation. While work on the Articles of Confederation has been ongoing since 2183 and was just recently completed with the final signatures from the Eastern Coalition coming in after intense negotiations at the end of August this past year, it was decided to hold off the official start of the year in a symbolic statement. The new Prime Minister's Press Office released the following statement, "The coming of the 23rd Century will herald a new age for humanity. One where we are no longer constrained to our solar system but are able to reach out across the stars and visit that which was only obtainable in our dreams..."

Much work remains on some of the finer points of the new world government including a location for the capital, the formation of a unified navy, and the further integration of the militaries of Earth...

North American Standard
August 24th 2200
Evan Arthur, Reuters
New York, New York

Headline:
Science Vessel Discovers Habitable World!

The TCS Hubble, under command of Captain Jaroslav Ivanov, discovered the first human habitable world it's been reported by the newly established Terran Confederation Research Institute. With official confirmation to what had been rumors for the past month, questions have now been raised as to when the first human settlements will be established on what is already being called New Eden....

Terran Confederation Naval Command
Office of Sector Defense
To:
[Redacted]

Following Documentation has been rated TOP SECRET:

Investigation into suspicious anomaly on Callisto has been completed by the TCS Goddard. We have found traces of intelligent alien life. Terran Confederation Naval Command has determined that said traces of life are centuries old at this point. In order to prevent any sort of panic amongst the general population it has been determined by the office of the Prime Minister to suppress this information. All files relating to exploration of Jupiter's moons have been deemed classified for the next 80 years. Please see the following pages outlining possible hypothetical scenarios for first contact....

North American Standard
November 30th 2200

Editorial Opinion

Intelligent life on the basis of humanity has been something that we've wondered about when we thought there were men in the Moon. The discovery of New Eden has shown us with a world with a thriving ecosystem of alien life unknown to us and beyond our wildest dreams. Yet we have still heard not a single thing from any sort of ETs. One has to come back to religious theory that says we are unique in the universe...

Eastern Journal
September 9th 2201
Feroze Delibor, Reuters
Cairo, Egypt

Headlines:
Salt!

In what can be described as an unusual step forward for science and a great leap forward for culinary kind, a salt, has been found on the far reaches of Procyon VI. The salt which is believed to existed centuries ago before being mined out is currently undergoing vigorous testing which will determine if it can be brought to Earth any time soon...

March 4th 2202
To: [Redacted]

Subject: Ruins on Procyon IV
Subject Matter has the following clearance level: SECRET

Damn it, [redacted], this find is bigger than what we found in our own home system. Usable alien technology and the military is telling us we can't have access to the Procyon system and then telling us we can't land on the planet until they come up with a suitable way to hide the fact we aren't alone in the universe. You allow the public to know about the space salt but heaven forbid we inform the world of long dead alien races. At this point all we have are relics and bones. Why continue to keep this in the dark?

March 4th 2202
To: [Redacted]

RE: Ruins on Procyon IV
Subject Matter has the following clearance level: SECRET

I understand where you're coming from. I really do, [redacted]. The decision comes from the head office though. He doesn't feel as if the world is ready for the possibility of intelligent alien life. Something about religion holdouts causing issues. However the head office is going to have a hard time keeping everyone in the dark. Watch the news over the coming months. We're going to have enough in the news net that you'll get green lit on your expedition soon enough.

Daily Europe
August 7th 2202
Peter Bertil, AP
Geneva, Switzerland

We Are Not Alone!

Reports from the Terran Confederation Research Institute have given us our first indication that we are truly not alone in our universe. Reports that have been released to the public have determined that these aliens tend to not have the same kind of intelligence that we do, however xenobiologists are beginning to say they see similarities with the oceans' whales....