• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It will be an ancient greek helmet. :(

There WERE, however, greeks during the dark ages. :D

Flooper X said:
There WERE, however, greeks during the dark ages. :D
You mean Romans.

L'Afrique said:
If Byzantium is Rome, then Kazakhstan is the USSR.
Not really, the cases would've been comparable if the capital of the USSR had been moved to Kazakhstan years before the collapse of the USSR ;)

Davisx3m said:
It will be an ancient greek helmet. :(
It seems so.Johans title has changed to Oracle,and location to Delphi.Maybe we will have a game set in the times of Alexander (btw,I thought wed get a Rome expansion first?)
BTW,was the subforum for Rome codenamed before it was announced?

The Great Duck said:
It seems so.Johans title has changed to Oracle,and location to Delphi.Maybe we will have a game set in the times of Alexander (btw,I thought wed get a Rome expansion first?)
BTW,was the subforum for Rome codenamed before it was announced?

The Rome subforum didn't turn up until after Rome was announced, IIRC.

Also, I'm hoping that if it's a Greek game it's earlier on than Alexander. I'd like it around 600BC, with fledgling Carthage and the southern Italian Greek colonies in the far west, Greece and western Anatolia divided into city states, and Persia, Lydia, Egypt, etc. fighting in the East. Maybe the Maurya could be on the map as well. Ideally city-states and eastern kingdoms would have very different but equally interesting playstyles.

Last edited:
L'Afrique said:
The Rome subforum didn't turn up until after Rome was announced, IIRC.
The Rome forum was created I think 15 minutes before Rome was anounced, under the name "New Game" IIRC (probably not its codename, though one never knows)

Johans title at the time was referring to NA

Aldo said:
The odds are good that it will be some kind of hat/helmet anyways (given the Pdox record). :)

Family forum. Dont. Dont. Dont.

Must resist.

Must... I CANT!!!!!

AAAARGH.

Ok.

Its ancient Greece. The symbol is usually a helmet.

Ancient Greece, helmet, ancient greeks = nakedness, helmet = the tip of a mans manhood. Oh yes, that'll be the symbol, the tip of an ancient greeks manhood.
593.gif

That'll be worth getting the game on its own.
593.gif

Aye.

Ayeshteni said:
Ancient Greece, helmet, ancient greeks = nakedness, helmet = the tip of a mans manhood. Oh yes, that'll be the symbol, the tip of an ancient greeks manhood.

Didn't stop 300 from selling out did it? All that homoerotic goodness... ;)

Well, the instant image I get for Greece is a temple. Although at the resolution of those images, it would look more like a cricket wicket. Which is kind of appropriate when you think about it. Helmets and balls.

Zebedee said:
Didn't stop 300 from selling out did it? All that homoerotic goodness... ;)
Entertaining film (definitely something that should be seen on a huge cinema screen), but the only reason I went was 'cus my friend told me NIN did the music during the main battle scenes. :D