• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Androktonos

Corporal
1 Badges
Sep 7, 2018
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
I would like to earn as much as possible for tariffs, and I would like to know how to do it. I know that if you have the bonus for trade of slaves it increases 25%, and if you have the National Idea of Vicerroys as well. I think that the more the Navy is the modifier, the more it is entered. Of course, have the necessary number of large ships to enter 100%.

But I do not know if building buildings that increase the production of the overseas province will increase the income from tariffs.

Thank you.

Of course, have the necessary number of large ships to enter 100%.
It does not require "Large" ships, a Small Ship will work, once those are researched. Transports don't qualify, and I don't believe that galleys add to the total either. Small combat ships (barques, etc.) are a far more affordable way of meeting the requirement, and don't suck up nearly as much in military maintenance costs. Of course, they're less effective than a Large Ship in a fight, aside from having a couple for boosting the odds of captures at the end.

As for tariff income, I believe that anything which boosts Production in overseas provinces (such as a Level 1 port) will increase the amount of income which your tariffs benefit from. I don't believe that a market affects tariff income, as it only affects Trade.