• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MKSheppard

Captain
2 Badges
Dec 3, 2002
www.alternatewars.com
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • 500k Club
Ok, as the creator of TankMod, I need help from all of you
in tracking down WHY my mod seems to corrupt save game
files.

:(

I have a theory on this, though.

Were you in the middle of a game when you installed the
latest version of Stony Road with the tankmod?

I think my major surgery of the tech tree and the units
requires you to start a fresh game, and if you try to
continue a old saved game from a older version of TechMod
or Stony Road, the radically different tech structures and
unit numbers cause the computer to barf all over itself...

My problem has been when i tried to continue a saved game in which I downloaded and applied your new tankmod. Since then, I have not run into any problems and have played 2 full games as Germany using both your tankmod in conjunction with Nigh!y's mod. Both of you keep up the great work, you have turned a good game into a fantastic one.

It happened to me in my last two games as Japan. They were both identical , once I got into 1943 all saves were corrupted.
I did the install before starting the games. I also used Lightsfantastic's Carrier mod.
Great mods all of them, I hope this can be worked out.

Originally posted by N!ghtY
Shep, i'll release the final first without the tankmod. If the problem persists then, its sth. in stonyroad.

I've already integrated RC with TM 4.1M, and I'm playing it on
my computer, bug testing away :p I won't release it until
we get this damn corrupt save game bug squashed like an
insect

Love the GROFAZ joke, lol lol :D

over at the bug forum i saw gzav with a CTD on load of savegame.

I need to know something about this CTD.
If it's a CTD where it crashes after a few game-hours of play then I've had it too (without the tankmod I think).
If it's not, then it's something else :p

Don't know what causes it but:

- it can't be solved by changing the game-date in the save-file.

I just went back to the last autosave and went from there. No crashes since.

i had two and it could not be resolved by deleting the event history..

sorry. I'm talking about this section of the file:

sleepevent = { } event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/siam.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/ai.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/103.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/102.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/101.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/albania.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/austria.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/czechoslovakia.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/communist_china.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/nationalist_china.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/denmark.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/germany.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/finland.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/france.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/vichy_france.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/hungary.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/italy.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/japan.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/lithuania.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/poland.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/romania.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/slovakia.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/nationalist_spain.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/republican_spain.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/sweden.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/UK.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/USA.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/USSR.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/standard/RandomEvents.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/sr_events.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/sr_tech.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/sr_manpower.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/sr_transports.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/sr_invasion_beta.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/sr_invasion_beta_gre.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/sr_invasion_beta_nor.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/sr_invasion_beta_yug.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/sr_ai.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/modcompilation/redflag_europe.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/modcompilation/redflag_japan.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/modcompilation/bolted.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/modcompilation/people_say.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/modcompilation/EvilPack.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/modcompilation/SingleClik.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/modcompilation/HitlerAssassinations.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/modcompilation/new_order_west.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/modcompilation/new_order_east.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/modcompilation/new_order_misc.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/modcompilation/partisan.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/modcompilation/techshare.txt" event = "scenarios/astonyroad/events/modcompilation/convoys.txt"

When do your games crash?

I'm working on a friend's game for him, it's in Octover 1943,
and whenever it's the end of the month, the game goes kaboom

Edit:

Just saw:

KingMob's post about all saves being corrupted in 1943...

So there's SOMETHING about that year that messes up those games