• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So maybe some new game tests will be out, lets see what review they give the new version.

After this new version, i hope with the new steam MP (not any more with gamespy) it will be a really good game for hours like the old sots1

a new question, with the new steamkey, do we get a new icon?

I believe I am beginning to feel excited about this expansion... a new race is always a great way to add some spice to the recipe, but I would like to know more about other aspects of the game. I know, it is mostly the same game, and thank the Gods (and Kerberos) it is now finished and it is quite enjoyable. But hopefully there will be some more additions, like new galactic maps (with more realistic galactic shapes), some improvements to the interface and to the diplomatic elements of the game... and how about black holes, neutron stars and the like?

Better to avoid great expectations though... let's be happy that the game is still alive and being not only patched but fully upgraded... great news indeed!

Thank You Paradox and Kerberos. Ready to start a new game with a new race.

I have a question. As someone who does not yet have SOTS 2 (scared off by the earlier problems... then money.... then I forgot it existed for a while....), if I buy it before Nov. 30th, will I be included in the "free expansion" part?

I have a question. As someone who does not yet have SOTS 2 (scared off by the earlier problems... then money.... then I forgot it existed for a while....), if I buy it before Nov. 30th, will I be included in the "free expansion" part?

I guess this...

As a token of appreciation and “thank you” for their patience, Paradox Interactive will arrange for existing Sword of the Stars II owners to receive “End of Flesh” for free on release. Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition is scheduled to release on November 30th.

... doesnt really answer your question does it?

Yea, that's most likely the case... but I've been burned by offers like that before, so I'm a little shy on it. I'll probably still pick up the game, especially with the thanksgiving sales going on right now, before the 30th...

[edit] typo

Last edited:
If you are an existing owner before Nov 30, ummm....you get it free. Sounds pretty clear to me.

Define "existing owner". I own the game on GG, yet I have not installed it yet or registered it on Steam.
Do I need to register on Steam before November 30, or am I good either way?

Define "existing owner". I own the game on GG, yet I have not installed it yet or registered it on Steam.
Do I need to register on Steam before November 30, or am I good either way?

Hmmm not sure. I guess it depends on what platform you have it on. If its a game code then you'll probably get it through the retailer.
However it maybe that the game code comes automatically through Steam only.

So maybe be on the safe side... and install now!???!

3 Questions:

1# If i buy the normal version now, I get the new free?

2# Is there a german version or translationpatch ?

3# Is this game compared with Master of Orion 2 ?

thx 4 the answers,
Greetings

1# I don`t know. But could be the reason. You may try but b sure to register the game in steam.
2# Not yet but should come later...
3# Its a different game. You can`t compare it to anything in existence.