• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Svo

Major
57 Badges
Feb 14, 2013
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • King Arthur II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
I get a crash not long at all at the start of the game.. I would say that the crashing is the only criticism I have of this amazing mod but "Criticism" is a bit harsh of a word considering that it seems that the cause is not yet known? Or is there a patch I have missed that fixes this? If not what has everyone else done to preserve their game? Also does the crashing stop eventually?

The cause is partially known (sorry for not having had time to personally fix it, the last months have been busy for me) in the matter of duplicate character ID:s which is reported in the logs and can cause crashes. However, for the other potential causes of crashes, the only potential solution is to slowly validate the whole mod and if that does not track the issues manually read through code and clean up, which will, naturally, take some time.

Yeah I have the autosave on for monthly intervals. That alone helps a ton until the bug is fixed! Sometimes I go a year and other times more or less than that! But seriously the rest of the mod is awesome.

I'm getting crashes too. Usually they are very soon after the game's opening. This is pretty much my first time using this mod, but I haven't been able to make it past an opening-move war yet despite several different start locations.

Bad news is that the random crashes still persist on the dev version (at least for me) after Loup's fix on duplicate IDs (but error.log is now clean, yeah... !).
I've noticed too that crashes seem to happen soon after the game's opening, or the game runs fine in the following 30 years.

However since January we've made countless fixes to WtWSMS scripts thanks to the Validator, and integrated latest version of Ancient Religions, which is very stable.
There are some CTD fixes mentioned in patch 2.4 changelog, as well as ability to output debug logs, so let's see how it goes with 0.9.6 first !