• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nd7cold

Recruit
Sep 13, 2023
Description
There's no audio in my game

Windows

Steam

What is your game version?
Build 8705308

What DLC do you have installed?
(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I've bought the Game plus its Deluxe Edition for some time now, and been trying to play today, everything seems normal except there's no audio whatsoever. I'm not sure what to do, can anyone help?
This game music is the No.1 reason why I bought this game in the first place.

Can you replicate the issue?

File(s) attached

Attachments

• Surviving Mars_ Bug Reports _ Paradox Interactive Forums - Google Chrome 13_09_2023 15_28_57.png
    Surviving Mars_ Bug Reports _ Paradox Interactive Forums - Google Chrome 13_09_2023 15_28_57.png
    1,3 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
When in the game alt-tab out to Windows. Right click on the Speaker icon in the taskbar, Open Volume Mixer. Make sure the game is not muted or set to a really low volume in there.

If that doesn't help Please attach here the latest (ONLY!) game log file, from here:
C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Roaming\Surviving Mars\logs\
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

Plus, DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.