Surviving Mars - Save issue, Loss of Control Interface, Inability to submit Bug Report, Inability to exit PAN/Camera view at altitude

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

idtpro094

Recruit
4 Badges
Feb 6, 2021
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
Description
Save issue, Loss of Control Interface, Inability to submit Bug Report, Inability to exit PAN/Camera view at altitude

Mac

Paradox Launcher

What is your game version?
Version (249143) 1.1.0 © 2003-2018 Haemimont Games, Sofia, Bulgaria. Copyright © 2020 MacPlay. (2.1.1)

Do you have Space Race installed?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I selected "Save Game" and before I actually selected "Save New Game" I mistakenly began to type my game name "Challenge Money 6". After that the cursor disappeared from both the game control screens AND the game itself. Leaving me with no real control over the game in any respect (I could still ESC back to the game screen, but when I return there I only have a omni-directional enabled camera view at an altitude of a few thousand feet that allows me to look around via the mouse movement with some limited interaction with the game through key commands only). I am unable to return to normal gameplay or QUIT using the expected methods. When I use ESC to go back into the game control screen (Save, Exit, etc.) I still have no cursor to control anything including the controls within the bug report dialogue box.

If I can get to the bug report to send as designed, it will be dumb luck an/or a miracle. Might I suggest enabling TAB through ALL of the display controls (including those within the bug report box - where it currently only works with the text fields) so that one can submit reports or manage basic control functions even when the HID controls go haywire.

ADDITION: Ultimately I had to exit to the OS (COMMAND+TAB) to "Terminate" (OPTION+COMMAND+ESC) the game - where i discovered it was not actually shown as running or even noted as "Not Responding". Relaunced the game to submit this bug report through the system - because I should not have to have a forum account to submit bug reports. Was unable to do so "bug report failed". Forced to create account, signed back into the game to submit report again through game, "Failed". Signed into forum to submit issue.

Can you replicate the issue?
Yes.

Attachments
(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

Upvote 0
I'm sorry you've gone to all this trouble for nothing, but the MacPlay edition of this game is nothing to do with us! You'll need to contact their support for these problems.

Sorry about that!

iu.jpeg

Unfortunately, the MacPlay site's Support and Contact US pages are blank. I would like to dig into it more, but clearly it's taken a month for me to get back to this... so I will just let it go.

Thanks for the reply.

No real idea what's happened there. Surely they cannot have gone under? I see their web page copyright stamp is dated 2021 ... but I don't see them in the App Store any more.