• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

6souls

Recruit
7 Badges
Sep 14, 2021
  • Lead and Gold
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
Description
Permanent Prefab Overlay

Windows

Steam

What is your game version?

Do you have Space Race installed?
Yes

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Randomly, from Sol 30 on, scrolling over the new Prefab icon on the top info bar will trigger an overlay that never disappears. It will also negate all other status previews from other items being tracked to the descriptions of techs being researched.

Can you replicate the issue?
Yes, with every new playthrough, with and without mods enabled.

Attachments
File(s) attached

Attachments

• 20210912071935_1.jpg
    20210912071935_1.jpg
    188,3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210912071958_1.jpg
    20210912071958_1.jpg
    492,4 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
@6souls Can you verify the version number please by checking the Credits screen? Main Menu > Options > Credits

Can you verify that you are still experiencing this issue?

Thanks

I haven't experienced it for a couple versions now, but I have also been mindful of how I scroll. Is there a way to backdate that number as I made this report in September?

There is no way to revert to older versions of this game, if that is your question.

Okay, but then I have no way to verify the version number from my OP.
That's because it doesn't come close to matching any actual release of this game. Valid version numbers are listed here:

On the date you made this thread it would have been either 1,007,874 or 1,007,783. I don't know where you could have got 7336333 from!

Neither do I, it was too far back. I do have a save from September 7th that I was able to re-create the issue upon loading. I don't know how to access the save's data, though.

Neither do I, it was too far back. I do have a save from September 7th that I was able to re-create the issue upon loading. I don't know how to access the save's data, though.
Save game files are in:
C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Roaming\Surviving Mars\{large number}\
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.