Surviving Mars - No Dust Storms Or Cold Wave in 113 days with them set to max

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CLeech

Recruit
7 Badges
Sep 8, 2021
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
Description
No Dust Storms Or Cold Wave in 113 days with them set to max

Windows

Steam

What is your game version?
Most recent with all DLC

Do you have Space Race installed?
Yes

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Game rules are set to Dust in the Wind, Winter is coming, Twister, And armageddon. Not seen a single Cold Wave or Dust Strom in 113 Sols. Was playing without Mods

Can you replicate the issue?
Restarting on seed occurs the same issue

Attachments
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Autosave Sol 113.savegame.sav
    43,5 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
dust storms will begin in the process of terraforming
Yes, but they should already be present in the game before terraforming. Terraforming should actually stop Dust Storms from happening. Same with Cold waves.

Actually, is it possible that the terraforming variables are just checked the wrong way around for the disasters? Instead of "lesser than" there's a "greater than" in an if clause?

I've noticed after the hotfix that cold waves and dust storms now ALWAYS happen simultaneously. I've had at least seven in different playthroughs happen at the same time - even on maps with the lowest settings for cold waves.

Have you checked that your game is of the latest update. It might also be that the fix only works on new maps, although the developers haven't said so. I started a new game on hotfix 3 and have had disasters happening repeatedly.

I can confirm that this has not been fixed. Sol 223 Every disaster set to max. Not a single great dust storm or coldwave. Occasional meteor showers mostly self inflicted but they rarely hit the colony. Have dust funnels roam across the map but not challenging enough. Need great dust storm and coldwaves to work. This keeps happening to me no mater if I start a new game or not. Every hotfix i have started a new game and disasters still do not work for me or play how it used to before the newest dlc.

I can confirm that this has not been fixed. Sol 223 Every disaster set to max. Not a single great dust storm or coldwave. Occasional meteor showers mostly self inflicted but they rarely hit the colony. Have dust funnels roam across the map but not challenging enough. Need great dust storm and coldwaves to work. This keeps happening to me no mater if I start a new game or not. Every hotfix i have started a new game and disasters still do not work for me or play how it used to before the newest dlc.
And I can confirm that this is not a general issue, as for me in the latest hotfix they do work. So it is probably something to do with mods you're running. Have you disabled all mods and tried then?

I am having the same issue. I guess it's good to hear that I'm not the only one experiencing it.

Now it just needs to be resolved so that we can play this game again...

I am using a few mods but none of them affect disasters occurring. Everything worked fine before the DLC was released.

My point exactly…mostly using some choggi QoL mods, nothing that should affect that, but here I am. I don’t want to blame anybody, but raise awareness for both modders and developer.

No Dust Storms Or Cold Wave in 113 days with them set to max

I look this problem and seems that is related to "set (it) to max"
I have a free version from Epic without any DLC or mod, of course correctly up to date, and the Dust Storms and Cold Wave works when the map have it but not works when i "set it to max". Seems that the game mix "Winter Come" and "Dust in the Wind" with "No disasters" and incorrectly disable it.