• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

stratege1401

Private
14 Badges
Sep 18, 2011
n2.rkn.ovh
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Cities: Skylines
Description
MOD EDITOR --> CTD/BSOD WHEA_ERROR

Windows

Steam

What is your game version?

What DLC do you have installed?
Space Race, Green Planet, Below and Beyond, Stellaris Dome Set, Marsvision Song Contest, Colony Design Set, Project Laika, In-Dome Buildings Pack

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
When trying to start the MOD EDITOR, i experience a CTD/BSOD resulting in a WHEA_ERROR.

Absolutely no logs from the games.
No logs from event manager from windows.

I notice my SDD LED going dead seconds before the CTD/BSOD.
It is like the software error is so harsh, it simply kills w10

Can you replicate the issue?
YES

File(s) attached

Attachments

• MarsSteam.exe-20211125-15.58.36-617fdb6b.log
    1,7 KB · Views: 0
  • MarsSteam.exe-20211125-16.17.57-617fdb6b.log
    1,7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've not seen other such reports. Are any mods active when you are doing this?

But from what I see online WHEA_ERROR is a hardware error, like a Machine Check. Both those logs end just after the audio detection, so perhaps that's where it is?

I've not seen other such reports. Are any mods active when you are doing this?

But from what I see online WHEA_ERROR is a hardware error, like a Machine Check. Both those logs end just after the audio detection, so perhaps that's where it is?
NO IT IS NOT. MY HARDWARE IS FINE,CHECKED and WORKS FINE !!!

It is trigger by some action ...

I use this machine almost 14H/day/7, running several VM and playing with it on my +192 games.

I ONLY experience CTD/BSOD with maybee 7 games and 1 specific app. Unfortunately, SMars is one of them....

Don't shout at me, I'm just passing on what I found on the Microsoft Support site about that error.

Given you get it with multiple games/apps (no doubt unrelated), it is hard to see how it could be a bug in this game. We cannot of course fix a problem that is triggered by other games.

What nature of "action" do you believe is causing this, if it is not hardware or a game bug?

@stratege1401

You previously reported this issue https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ng-corrupted-savegames.1493056/#post-27842552 and resolved it by uninstalling, unsubscribing from mods that might have caused it.

Have you tried the same steps but by removing the mods?

Yes i did reported a similar issue before, but it was not the same game level.
Since then, hotfix#4 and content release#1 were release.
Furthermore, the CTD/WHEA occurred during autosave. Witch was fixed by hotfix#3. Hence the closing of the previous thread.

The actual issue is absolutely not the same, as it occurs when i launch the mod editor.

WHEA error seems to be a response to a trigger event relative to my ssd ( samsung mvne 960 pro 1TB ).
Smart error are clean, heat values are inside the normal scope of operation, and my TBW is below the 600 defined for this ssd.

I am starting to think it is a bug relative to an article i found on ROG Forums: warning future owner of Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD that it create WHEA errors under heavy load (OCCT). The only difference is i have a 960. Whats strange here, is i only experience those WHEA on a irregular basis. The TWO ONLY major games causing crash and a regular reproductive way are:
- surviving mars launching modeditor.
- REDDEAD2 an almost every first gamestart. most of the time, the second start just after a CTD/WHEA start fne.