• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

robbe239

Recruit
Aug 21, 2019
Description
Game won't start

Windows

Steam

What is your game version?

Do you have Space Race installed?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Every time I try to start Surviving Mars, steam just closes the application one single moment later. I tried to start MarsSteam.exe both with and without admin rights and it allways tells me "couldnt start (0xc000007b). I tried everything: rebooting, reinstalling, updating my drivers, reinstalled DirectX and everything else I could find online to try to solve my problem. There's only one thing i couldn't fix: there's no Surviving Mars folder in my %AppData%. Hopefully someone can help me here.

Can you replicate the issue?

Attachments

Upvote 0
Has the game ever run okay on this computer? Or never yet?

Please go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010\ and run dxsetup.exe
Please go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2015\ and run vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe

If that doesn't help, Please attach here the latest (ONLY!) game log file, from here:
C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Roaming\Surviving Mars\logs\

Plus, DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

The game never started.And I tried doing as you said, but nothing changed.
I actually can't attach the log file, bacause the folder doesnt exist on my system.
I attached all the files, I could find.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    134,4 KB · Views: 36
  • DxDiag.txt
    20,8 KB · Views: 42
Please go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010\ and run dxsetup.exe
Please go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2015\ and run vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe

Run the Windows Updater app and apply everything it finds to apply.

Then manually install the Microsoft update KB4019990

Did those installers run okay? Any errors or problems?

Install and run the free utility Speccy. Send its output to a text file and attach that here please.

I have learnt, that the build menu glitches if you have too many items added to it by mods. It is a scaling issue. When you have too many buildings the menu just does not have enough room to accommodate them all. Silva has made a secondary layer for their buildings, so those should work fine. But if you have all their buildings AND some other maker's items you will get this problem. To fix this uninstall all additional buildings except Silva.

I never installed any Mods, so I have no idea what I shall do. And the bigger problem is, that the game doesnt even start at all. I have no menu, no Appdata folder or anything else. Ans as it seems, the game just won't start. Too bad, i really was excited to play it.

You definitely installed the Microsoft update KB4019990 ? Because I don't see it listed in there.

Other apps and utilities that I can see might cause problems:
C:\Program Files\KLIM AIM Gaming Mouse\KLIM AIM Gaming Mouse.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Razer_Kraken0502_Driver\Drivers\SysAudio\Kraken0502Helper.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Synapse\RzSynapse.exe
C:\Program Files\Nefarius Software Solutions\ScpToolkit\ScpService.exe
C:\Program Files\Nefarius Software Solutions\ScpToolkit\ScpTrayApp.exe
Can you unload or kill those and see if you still get this problem please?