Surviving Mars - Advanced Martian Engines adding 20 fuel to rockets

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RoseP

Private
Sep 13, 2021
Description
Advanced Martian Engines adding 20 fuel to rockets

Windows

Steam

What is your game version?

Do you have Space Race installed?
Yes

GP, PL, and SR installed, but not B&B.

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Researching Advanced Martians Engines adds 20 fuel to all rockets, to a maximum of 50. (Presumably as a result of an attempt to fix the previous bug where fuel over 30 was "eaten" on discovery of AME.)

Rocket 1 with 1 fuel now has 21.
Rocket 2 with 24 fuel now has 44.
Rocket 3 with 36 fuel now has 50.

After discovery, drones unload excess fuel to depots.

The limit of increase to 50 appears to be a display limit (ie, rocket shows fuel of 50/30) but not a real limit, as when drones unload, they unload the "missing" fuel between 50 and what would be the previous amount +20. Eg, with my rocket 3, they unloaded 4 fuel and the rocket was still showing 50, at 6 unloaded rocket showed 48.

Same bug occurred before the patch of 13/9/2021 -- my rocket went from 0 fuel to 20 (before I had even produced fuel on Mars).

Can you replicate the issue?
Yes.

Attachments
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Before AME rocket 1.png
    Before AME rocket 1.png
    1,6 MB · Views: 0
  • Before AME rocket 2.png
    Before AME rocket 2.png
    1,5 MB · Views: 0
  • Before AME rocket 3.png
    Before AME rocket 3.png
    1,5 MB · Views: 0
  • After AME rocket 1.png
    After AME rocket 1.png
    2,1 MB · Views: 0
  • After AME rocket 2.png
    After AME rocket 2.png
  • After AME rocket 3.png
    After AME rocket 3.png
@RoseP Thank you for the report.

Can you tell me if this occurs with all sponsors? The rockets from International Mars Mission synthesize fuel onboard the rockets.

It would be great if you can provide a save-game so I can see it happening in your current game whilst I investigate in my own game.

Thank you

Hi Mark,

save-game hopefully attached. I have been playing with India since hotfix 2, I think it was India previously as well, but possibly Brazil. Definitely not IMM.

Attachments

• India Sol 2 (3).savegame.sav
    35,5 MB · Views: 0