• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yea I'm getting the same thing and im on xbox one. I'm gonna try to disable auto save and try right now hopefully it works. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and even deletes all save and profile. So I'm really hoping that disable auto save works for me. If not I'm gonna wait for update and then try and if it happens then I'm done with game

I am getting a bug on Xbox one where you "buy" a research and it just takes the science and doesn't unlock it. Happens on random ones, start a new game and a different one is bugged. Happens when you try to buy multiple at a time or just one research at a time. I've even waited an in game day in between to see if that some how clears it. Most commonly it's advanced farming and hazmat. Any news on this or work around for the bug? It really cripples your ability to do things in the game.

As with others, I've played the game a dozen times, and as soon as I reach about 150 and my little town's growing, it starts to freeze and crash a lot. double forward time (>>) causes the frame rate to go nuts. The most notable is the Environmental Building, as soon as I click on this to repair or access the extended menu, it freezes and when I restart, I'm good until I click on this building. Then for no reason at all, all the menus have disappeared when I click on any building.
Started a new game and when I select anything, nothing happens, yet I can move around but see no menu.
I've given up playing. It's a shame because the enjoyment was so good while it worked, but the frustration of crashing and not being able to proceed cancelled out the fun I'm afraid.
Unless there's an immediate fix?
Also, I switched from PC version (waaaaaay too buggy) to Xbox and similar problems and bought licenses for both :(

As with others, I've played the game a dozen times, and as soon as I reach about 150 and my little town's growing, it starts to freeze and crash a lot. double forward time (>>) causes the frame rate to go nuts. The most notable is the Environmental Building, as soon as I click on this to repair or access the extended menu, it freezes and when I restart, I'm good until I click on this building. Then for no reason at all, all the menus have disappeared when I click on any building.
Started a new game and when I select anything, nothing happens, yet I can move around but see no menu.
I've given up playing. It's a shame because the enjoyment was so good while it worked, but the frustration of crashing and not being able to proceed cancelled out the fun I'm afraid.
Unless there's an immediate fix?
Also, I switched from PC version (waaaaaay too buggy) to Xbox and similar problems and bought licenses for both :(

Update - so I can't remove autosave because it says it's already turned off. At least it's not checked, but when I change autosave to every 60 minutes, it has stopped crashing as much

I started the game after the recent update. None of my saves would load. The biggest bug made the game unplayable for me. New game, starting over and I can't get to the options for the build menu. For example, I can't change priority, I can't change the work area...this used to be done by hitting RT, but that is now solely for switching to World Map. Before it was for world map as well but would allow you to go to options when you select an item like a building. Am I missing something?

I haven't seen this issue listed anywhere yet so it just might be me but biggest issue I've had is the lack of in-game boundary settings. It looks like such a fun game and I'd love to buy it but unless I can reset the screen boundaries, I lose 1/2 to 2/3 of all the border bars all around the screen, making the game unplayable

I recently purchased the game (surviving the aftermath) I got to around day 40 and I was alerted that a meteor strike was going to happen when it happened the game instantly crashed I'd only been playing on my Xbox for about 10 minutes and this is not the first crash, the last crash I had was after I was playing my Xbox for a very long time so at first I assumed it was my Xbox itself this time I'm pretty sure it was the game itself. After about a day I came back to it and finally the asteroids hit but again the game crash before it finished I'm very frustrated as I've only had the game for a couple days and I really do enjoy it but with all these crashes I can't enjoy the game. My question is is the game going to get fixed if so when.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Heya @Silverbee!

We are aware of the issue with the meteor storms on Xbox - we have actively been working on a fix for it as we absolutely understand how frustrating it is to have the game crash and lose all progress before it. We will of course fix the issue but unfortunately I cannot give you an exact date or time when it will be fixed. But you can rest assured we are working on it.

Thanks for playing the game, we hope you still enjoy it even with this issue!

I recently purchased the game (surviving the aftermath) I got to around day 40 and I was alerted that a meteor strike was going to happen when it happened the game instantly crashed I'd only been playing on my Xbox for about 10 minutes and this is not the first crash, the last crash I had was after I was playing my Xbox for a very long time so at first I assumed it was my Xbox itself this time I'm pretty sure it was the game itself. After about a day I came back to it and finally the asteroids hit but again the game crash before it finished I'm very frustrated as I've only had the game for a couple days and I really do enjoy it but with all these crashes I can't enjoy the game. My question is is the game going to get fixed if so when.
This bug has been around since the beginning and I'm still complaining about it.
I stopped playing and waiting for them to fix it

Games great but unplayable with all the crashin and dashboarding when r u going to fix it. Crashes about every 15 to 20 mins sometimes it's sooner. Dashboards randomly on city map freezes going to world map freezes at start and end of sum meter storms and other ones too freezes at the end of sum events. Sometimes on world !ap can't select a person

Last edited:
@Bob1986 Heya!

This is something that has lately been discussed in this thread: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/xbox-crashes-meteor-shower-etc.1412091/

As I mention in my comments there, we are actively working on this issue and we hope to have a fix out soon. Unfortunately this has not been an easy one to identify or fix, that is why it is still occurring.

Thanks for your post, we do hope you still enjoy the game!
I ve had the game since it came out and the crashing never happened back then with any of the buildings metor storms and others or going to the world map it ran very smooth it must be with one of the updates I hope this helps to find the problem