• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(140487)

First Lieutenant
4 Badges
Apr 25, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
I've noticed that the AI has a nasty habit of total conquest when at war with another AI nation. I'm specifically talking about potential wars between Germany v. Russia, Germany v. Austria, and Germany v. Greece.

These three are some of the potential wars but instead of the AI seeking concessions (limited territory, disarmament, etc) it seems to go for total conquest. Should Germany get most of European Russia just because of a war erupting over Ukraine? Or should Austria be swallowed up by Germany over a dispute about Poland?

I know the big wars, Internationale v. Mitteleurope being the obvious one, get surrender events but are there plans in the works for the minor wars?

There have been a few new surrender event sets added to v1.2, such as for a La Platean-Brazilian war. Hopefully more cases will be looked at for v1.3. :)

yes, are there events for germany defeating austria? togther or without hungary? if germany deafeats austria they will annex it. toghether with bohemia.

yes, are there events for germany defeating austria? togther or without hungary? if germany deafeats austria they will annex it. toghether with bohemia.

There is an event with the option to either keep austria or to make it a puppet. I have seen the ai do both.

In one of my games (as UoB) Germany BP'd Russia because Armenia declared war on Monarchist Georgia because of the Georgian Brutality event chain. Then Sov declared independence from Russian because VBH had taken St Petersburg during the aforementioned war, and somehow gave it back after BP. Then Finland allied with Russia and it stalemated there. Then I allied Germany & Finland and the Sovs were finally defeated. Then the Russians annexed. Confusing, innit?
Incidentally Georgia was annexed after BP.

Only tangibly related but an example of conquest war because of border dispute. Beta III, I think.

I as germany also never ally canada, but my realtions with the entente are 200.

I as germany also never ally canada, but my realtions with the entente are 200.

Thats because members of a great alliance (Mitteleuropa, Entente, Internationale) cannot ally with eachother. At the start of the game the UoB is a neutral nation, not allied with anyone. Technically the UoB and Germany are too far apart in ideology to be able to ally eachother, unless somehow an event is bugged. A buf in the Iceland chain was the reason Canada and the UoB could end up allied, but that bug has been solved in 1.1 AFAIK.

In the new version there will also be peace events in wars between Finland and the Internationale nations, Swe vs Den.